Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Boston or Los Angeles
Boston 140 51.28%
L.A. 133 48.72%
Voters: 273. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 04:40 PM

18,983 posts, read 32,743,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWereRabbit View Post
The harbour looks gorgeous, as do the mountains. That brown cloud in the middle not so much. LA would be a beautiful place if it wasn't for the city.
you must be colorblind b/c that cloud is not brown. That was taken right after a storm, no smog to speak of in this shot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2008, 04:46 PM

705 posts, read 3,301,738 times
For those who dont know what L.A. city is...L.A. city covers downtown, Echo Park, Los Feliz, West L.A, Silverlake, Hollywood, Mid City, Korea Town, China Town, Century City, Westwood, Brentwood, Westchester, Venice, East L.A., Bel Air, Sherman Oaks, Woodland Hills, North Hollywood and most of the San Fernando Valley. Boston is definitely a city to see and very beautiful but Los Angeles just offers much more.

Old 06-11-2008, 04:57 PM

334 posts, read 1,269,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurekRZA View Post
For those who dont know what L.A. city is...L.A. city covers downtown, Echo Park, Los Feliz, West L.A, Silverlake, Hollywood, Mid City, Korea Town, China Town, Century City, Westwood, Brentwood, Westchester, Venice, East L.A., Bel Air, Sherman Oaks, Woodland Hills, North Hollywood and most of the San Fernando Valley. Boston is definitely a city to see and very beautiful but Los Angeles just offers much more.
Fine then. If were going by that then Boston has North End, Becaon Hill, The Fens, Downtown, Back Bay, Chinatown,Old West End, South Boston, South End, Charlestown, Goverment Center, Kenmore Square, and that's just the actual city. Then we have Cambridge, Dorchester, Jamaica Plain, Brookline, Lexington, Concord, Sudbury, Lowell, Marbelhead, Salem, Gloucester, Rockport, Essex, Ipswich, Newburyport, Plum Island, Plymouth,
New Bedford, Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard, and Nantucket.

Old 06-11-2008, 05:04 PM

2,114 posts, read 4,926,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
you must be colorblind b/c that cloud is not brown. That was taken right after a storm, no smog to speak of in this shot.
I guess I'm colorblind because it IS brownish. I am not just saying that because I've heard stories of the smog, it really does look brown. But whatever, I'll take your word for it.

Old 06-11-2008, 05:07 PM

2,114 posts, read 4,926,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubsGiantsIndiansfan2008 View Post
Fine then. If were going by that then Boston has North End, Becaon Hill, The Fens, Downtown, Back Bay, Chinatown,Old West End, South Boston, South End, Charlestown, Goverment Center, Kenmore Square, and that's just the actual city. Then we have Cambridge, Dorchester, Jamaica Plain, Brookline, Lexington, Concord, Sudbury, Lowell, Marbelhead, Salem, Gloucester, Rockport, Essex, Ipswich, Newburyport, Plum Island, Plymouth,
New Bedford, Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard, and Nantucket.
Dorchester and Jamaica Plain ARE in the actual city. Along with Roxbury, West Roxbury, Mattapan, Hyde Park, The South End, Allston/Brighton. Good list but for you "actual city" you basically listed sections of downtown and a few white neighborhoods.

Old 06-11-2008, 05:07 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,384,823 times
Quote:
I guess I'm colorblind because it IS brownish. I am not just saying that because I've heard stories of the smog, it really does look brown. But whatever, I'll take your word for it.
They look like white clouds to me...

And if you think the clouds are brown, check out the quality of the pic-it's not the best. The clouds may not have been taken well.

Old 06-11-2008, 05:21 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,525,830 times
Quote:
they do look brownish to me too, and I am not colorblind.

Old 06-11-2008, 05:26 PM

18,983 posts, read 32,743,138 times
either way smog doesn't look any thing like that. It's a layer and not little roaming smog clouds.

Old 06-11-2008, 06:51 PM

705 posts, read 3,301,738 times
Quote:
Dorchester and Jamaica Plain ARE in the actual city. Along with Roxbury, West Roxbury, Mattapan, Hyde Park, The South End, Allston/Brighton. Good list but for you "actual city" you basically listed sections of downtown and a few white neighborhoods.
Thank you!

L.A. city extends all the way to the port of Los Angeles in Long Beach, north 'til Sylmar in the San Fernando Valley and west 'til the Pacific Ocean. Boston is great but its definitely not as recognized as L.A, NY or Chicago. I mean the city of Los Angeles has grown to 4.5 Million residents...theres always gonna be more to do and see in a city that large. As far as best, thats a personal opinion.

Old 06-11-2008, 06:57 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,627,922 times
Quote:
That curved brown cloud are lower mountains. The basin is ringed by the Santa Monica, Santa Ana ranges. Those mountains house foothill areas like the Hollywood Hills/Los Felis, Beverly Hills, Silverlake, Mt. Washington, El Serno, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City