Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which State has Better Beaches (activities,water, appearance,swimmable,weather)
California Beaches 78 34.67%
Florida Beaches 147 65.33%
Voters: 225. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 09:02 AM

257 posts, read 1,131,013 times

Advertisements

just wanted to know what people thought, i had a friend in Jax that was from LA and he said their beaches were rugged, to cold to swim without body suit, not really enjoyable unless your a surfer or very good swimmer and just not as big or beautiful.

elaborate for me. I never really understood, i see most of the average water temps are only 60s and around san fran lower than that. thats way to cold for an enjoyable dip in my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2008, 09:13 AM

521 posts, read 1,628,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2LiveNCities View Post
just wanted to know what people thought, i had a friend in Jax that was from LA and he said their beaches were rugged, to cold to swim without body suit, not really enjoyable unless your a surfer or very good swimmer and just not as big or beautiful.

elaborate for me. I never really understood, i see most of the average water temps are only 60s and around san fran lower than that. thats way to cold for an enjoyable dip in my opinion.
so you vote based on what other people tell you. i can tell you for one thing you dont need a body suit nor to be a good swimmer.
just a precursor of where this poll is going to go.

Last edited by wesside; 08-05-2008 at 09:15 AM.. Reason: edit

Old 08-05-2008, 09:19 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,355,011 times
We've done this poll several times in the past.... Florida's beaches win every time.

Old 08-05-2008, 09:22 AM

oh, didnt know that. yeah i based it on that and going to santa cruz once. it just was not appealing.

Old 08-05-2008, 09:25 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Lived in Cali for 4 years. Never enjoyed going to the beach. Cold, dark water...too many days with "dangerous bacteria" or "dangerous undertow." Nowhere to snorkel, either - and poor visibility. Went to several different beaches, b/c I am definitely a beach bum.

Seems like lots of great places for surfing, though!

Only been to Florida beaches on one occasion, but dang, that water is nice. Warmer, you can see through it, beautiful beaches.

Old 08-05-2008, 09:51 AM

85 posts, read 121,997 times
here we go some stupid head allways has to do this because they cant contain their hate for california and all the cali haters are obviously going to vote aginst CA e.g. steve-o etc. but ill like to add CA has more people than five flordias put together so that tells you more people like CA better than flordia.

Old 08-05-2008, 09:59 AM

pretty sure its only about double...and alot bigger in size. its proportionate in my opinion. and its about beaches...honestly, thats all i wanted to know. I am fascinated with CA just as much as i am FL...but i wanted true beach goers to give me their opinion and input.

Old 08-05-2008, 10:08 AM

29,890 posts, read 9,956,607 times
For Scenery: CA beaches

For Swimming: FL beaches

there.....as simple as that!!!!!

Old 08-05-2008, 10:19 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,355,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skywalker View Post
here we go some stupid head allways has to do this because they cant contain their hate for california and all the cali haters are obviously going to vote aginst CA e.g. steve-o etc. but ill like to add CA has more people than five flordias put together so that tells you more people like CA better than flordia.
First off, knock off with the name calling, youre pissin me off. Secondly, I DONT HATE CALIFORNIA, quit saying that. Thirdly, CA does NOT have 5 times the population of FL. And its not "Flordia" either.

Bottom line? Florida's beaches are FAR better than California's. Just because people notice that doesnt make them dislike CA or whatever you seem to think.

Old 08-05-2008, 10:25 AM

2,769 posts, read 7,232,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Bottom line? Florida's beaches are FAR better than California's. Just because people notice that doesnt make them dislike CA or whatever you seem to think.

Steve-O, besides it being your personal opinion why are Florida's beaches better? I'm a California native, never been to Florida. So I'm not trying to criticize your feelings, just wondering what you base your opinion on?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City