Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What city makes the best Mexican food?
San Diego 67 9.88%
Los Angeles 173 25.52%
Pheonix 24 3.54%
Las Vegas 2 0.29%
Alburqurque 85 12.54%
Dallas 73 10.77%
San Anotonio 97 14.31%
Dallas/Fort Worth 11 1.62%
Houston 58 8.55%
Other 88 12.98%
Voters: 678. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2015, 05:28 PM

696 posts, read 1,172,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calisonn View Post
I have already like I said in my post, nothing to write home about, atleast at the few spots that I've been to. BTW I said "looks" the same, never said they were.
Have you ever been to Albuquerque or Santa Fe or are you judging solely off of pictures alone ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2015, 05:30 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,410,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityKing View Post
Have you ever been to Albuquerque or Santa Fe or are you judging solely off of pictures alone ?
I've been to both, although in Santa Fe I only ate at a restaurant near the airport, Albuquerque I've eaten there like 3 times, always on the way to and from TX-CA. Why would you question if I've been there or not? You were probably blown away because you're from the eastcoast where good mexican food is unheard of, have you ever been to Los Angeles?

Old 06-03-2015, 05:33 PM

1,699 posts, read 2,157,657 times
I have eaten in New Mexico countless times, it's not "true" Mexican food but has similarities. Some of it is good, it's spicier than Tex-Mex (but not as spicy as Mexican) but it's limited.

Old 06-03-2015, 05:41 PM

Quote:
I've been to both, although in Santa Fe I only ate at a restaurant near the airport, Albuquerque I've eaten there like 3 times, always on the way to and from TX-CA. Why would you question if I've been there or not? You were probably blown away because you're from the eastcoast where good mexican food is unheard of, have you ever been to Los Angeles?
Why would I question if you've been to both? Because you are comparing it to Tex-Mex which is not even close. You seem to be talking from lack of experience. Eating 2-3 times isn't enough to make a rational decision on whether it's good or not, it may have not been a good restaurant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDPMiami View Post
I have eaten in New Mexico countless times, it's not "true" Mexican food but has similarities. Some of it is good, it's spicier than Tex-Mex (but not as spicy as Mexican) but it's limited.
What do you mean it's not true Mexican? It's as authentic as it get's it just a different variation of it.

There is not one single "true" version of Mexican it doesn't have to come from Mexico itself to be authentic.

If it came from Mexican descended people whether Chicano or Mexican immigrant, it's still Mexican.

Same way Cubans make cuban food in Miami they have their own variation I am sure but it's still Cuban.

Same way Italian food doesn't have to come straight out of Italy in order for it to be authentic.

Old 06-03-2015, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDPMiami View Post
I agree with you, to people who have grown up eating "real" Mexican food, New Mexican food is not really all that spicy. I have to give credit though that it's tasty food, it's good for what it is.

Old 06-03-2015, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Why would I question if you've been to both? Because you are comparing it to Tex-Mex which is not even close. You seem to be talking from lack of experience. Eating 2-3 times isn't enough to make a rational decision on whether it's good or not, it may have not been a good restaurant.
Like I said earlier I said LOOKS, you're saying you don't see the similarities?
New Mexican:https://www.google.com/search?q=new+...ed=0CAcQ_AUoAg

Tex Mex: https://www.google.com/search?q=tex+...ed=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

Old 06-03-2015, 05:47 PM

Quote:
I agree with you, to people who have grown up eating "real" Mexican food, New Mexican food is not really all that spicy. I have to give credit though that it's tasty food, it's good for what it is.
Next time you're in New Mexico get a decent sack of the green chili and tell me it's not hot, you probably couldn't even handle mild. Lmao

Old 06-03-2015, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Like I said earlier I said LOOKS, you're saying you don't see the similarities?
New Mexican:https://www.google.com/search?q=new+...ed=0CAcQ_AUoAg

Tex Mex: https://www.google.com/search?q=tex+...ed=0CAYQ_AUoAQ
Again you are basing your decisions on pictures itself when in reality you are clueless and are talking from lack of experience.

Old 06-03-2015, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Again you are basing your decisions on pictures itself when in reality you clueless and are talking from lack of experience.
You're right I don't have much experience with NM cuisine, I never said I did, if you think green chiles are hot than I couldn't imagine you eating at the taco trucks in LA

Old 06-03-2015, 05:59 PM

Quote:
You're right I don't have much experience with NM cuisine, I never said I did, if you think green chiles are hot than I couldn't imagine you eating at the taco trucks in LA
I would truly enjoy watching you eat some hot green chili without breaking a sweat, truly enjoy watching you suffer that is. Until then...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City