Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 09:16 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,833,957 times

Advertisements

Let's call Baltimore and D.C. fraternal twins...and be done with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2009, 09:46 PM

73,138 posts, read 62,791,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
I was thinking Atlanta-Athens and/or Atlanta-Macon...
Maybe, but outside of metro Atlanta just feels far away from everything.

Old 02-20-2009, 03:11 AM

7,845 posts, read 20,833,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
Maybe, but outside of metro Atlanta just feels far away from everything.
Clarke County (Athens) touches metro Atlanta counties Barrow, Jackson, and Walton...and Macon's metro touches 3 Metro Atlanta counties as well. So those two are right next door to Atlanta...and both feel like younger siblings.

Actually Columbus touches Metro Atlanta also...I didn't realize that before I looked it up. Metro Atlanta isn't really that far from other cities. Athens, Macon, and Columbus are within an hour's drive of Downtown Atlanta. Chattanooga, Augusta, Greenville, and Birmingham are about 2 hours away. Charlotte, Asheville, Columbia, Knoxville, Huntsville, Nashville, and Montgomery are 3 hours or less from Atlanta.

Old 02-20-2009, 06:05 AM

6,963 posts, read 20,562,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf131 View Post
St. Louis-St. Charles
Cleveland-Akron
Detroit-Ann Arbor
Philadelphia-Trenton
New York-Newark
Los Angeles-Santa Anna
San Francisco-Oakland
Denver-Boulder
Seattle-Bellevue
New Orleans-Slidell
Houston-Galveston
pretty good list.
could also be Philadelphia - Atlantic City
Boston - Portsmouth?
Miami - W.Palm Beach?
definitely Tampa - St. Pete's

Old 02-20-2009, 07:29 AM

2,271 posts, read 5,154,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billiam View Post
^ separate metro wise, yea. But since most of the time they are included in the same metro, it would only make sense the bigger city be named first. Or the city that comes in alphabetical order, in which case bmroe would still be in front. If we were going by importance which most people are going by (who are arguing against me) than yea, DC would Come first. But it doesn't matter i guess. its called the Bal/Wash metro anyway, not the wash/bal metro.
Most of the time they are included in the same metros. True. However, the Washington metro is much larger than the Baltimore metro.

It's called the Bos-Wash corridor not the Bos-Bal.

I will admit you have a point and I think Deacon said it best when he said they're something like fraternal twins.

Last edited by theSUBlime; 02-20-2009 at 07:42 AM..

Old 02-20-2009, 08:27 AM

1,303 posts, read 2,098,180 times
(ATLANTA ) Charlotte smaller sibiling sister city

Old 02-20-2009, 11:19 AM

4,383 posts, read 16,782,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theSUBlime View Post
Most of the time they are included in the same metros. True. However, the Washington metro is much larger than the Baltimore metro.

It's called the Bos-Wash corridor not the Bos-Bal.

I will admit you have a point and I think Deacon said it best when he said they're something like fraternal twins.
But since they are included in the same metro, it doesn't matter which metro is bigger because that wouldn't make sense since they're one

You're right, It is called the Bos-Wash corridor you should get a golden star (how does that deal with anything we are talking about?)

Maybe that is a good way of putting

Old 02-20-2009, 11:22 AM

1,247 posts, read 3,867,565 times
Dayton/ Cincinnati. Look at my posting name to see what it (should be) called

Old 02-20-2009, 03:48 PM

2,271 posts, read 5,154,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billiam View Post
But since they are included in the same metro, it doesn't matter which metro is bigger because that wouldn't make sense since they're one

You're right, It is called the Bos-Wash corridor you should get a golden star (how does that deal with anything we are talking about?)

Maybe that is a good way of putting
Yes, but within that metro there are two separate metros. (Washington-Arlington-Alexandria and the Baltimore-Towson) They are just generally included as part of a larger one though.

Right! My point is if Baltimore is the big brother/sister in the picture, then shouldn't it be the Bos-Bal corridor? How does "Wash" steal that spot? Just pointing out an incongruity here. Think outside the box. Moderator cut: off-topic I should have two golden stars.

Maybe. Maybe not.

Last edited by Bo; 02-20-2009 at 08:40 PM..

Old 02-20-2009, 04:04 PM

4,383 posts, read 16,782,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theSUBlime View Post
Yes, but within that metro there are two separate metros. (Washington-Arlington-Alexandria and the Baltimore-Towson) They are just generally included as part of a larger one though.

Right! My point is if Baltimore is the big brother/sister in the picture, then shouldn't it be the Bos-Bal corridor? How does "Wash" steal that spot? Just pointing out an incongruity here. Think outside the box. (There is no need to get pissy missy Billie. I'd save that for gay.com) I should have two golden stars.

Maybe. Maybe not.
Wow some people are not the brightest tool in the shed. Ya know, the elevator doesn't exactly reach the top floor. The Reason it is Bos-Wash and not Bos-Bal is because the highest city in the whole string is Boston and the lowest city in the string is DC. Is it really that hard to understand?
You deserve no stars for not fully even understanding the term Bal-wash and why it's called that

And im a woman anyway. Lets get a ban soon though for you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City