Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 04:17 PM

38 posts, read 113,715 times

Advertisements

Hartford-Springfield
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2009, 01:51 PM

38 posts, read 113,715 times
Hartford-Springfield or vice versa, i don't remember which one is larger

Old 03-07-2009, 03:12 PM

12,259 posts, read 24,371,377 times
Pueblo - Colorado Springs. The Springs is bigger but Pueblo is more important to the region, mainly due to location.

Old 03-07-2009, 04:48 PM

2,943 posts, read 5,046,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
Pueblo - Colorado Springs. The Springs is bigger but Pueblo is more important to the region, mainly due to location.
Pueblo totally sucks balls. How is Pueblo more important than CO Springs? CO Springs is home to the Air Force Academy and NORAD, that automatically makes them more important than Pueblo.

Old 03-07-2009, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacobeclark View Post
Pueblo totally sucks balls. How is Pueblo more important than CO Springs? CO Springs is home to the Air Force Academy and NORAD, that automatically makes them more important than Pueblo.
If you are speaking from a military stand point then the Springs is one of the most important cities in the country.

However, I am speaking from a regional shopping and business stand point. Most people from southern Colorado shop in Pueblo as all the main roads lead to Pueblo, Highway 50 for the major east - west route and I-25 for the north south route. That is proven by the fact Pueblo county is a sales tax net gainer, that means more people shop in Pueblo then the population would indicate. That is also why Pueblo is going to get the federal court and not the Springs.

Old 03-08-2009, 11:41 AM

4,382 posts, read 16,720,255 times
^ Either way, it would be Colorado Springs-pueblo, not the other way, because colorado springs is much bigger

Old 03-08-2009, 12:06 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,736,332 times
Quote:
If you are speaking from a military stand point then the Springs is one of the most important cities in the country.

However, I am speaking from a regional shopping and business stand point. Most people from southern Colorado shop in Pueblo as all the main roads lead to Pueblo, Highway 50 for the major east - west route and I-25 for the north south route. That is proven by the fact Pueblo county is a sales tax net gainer, that means more people shop in Pueblo then the population would indicate. That is also why Pueblo is going to get the federal court and not the Springs.
Hey...I dare you to tell Billiam that it's Washington D.C.-Baltimore, in that order...

Old 03-08-2009, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billiam View Post
^ Either way, it would be Colorado Springs-pueblo, not the other way, because colorado springs is much bigger
People in Colorado Springs say Colorado Springs - Pueblo just like in Minneapolis they say Minneapolis - St Paul and people in Pueblo say Pueblo - Colorado Springs just like people in St Paul say St Paul - Minneapolis. In fact people in St Paul consider themselves more cosmopolitan and call Minneapolis their largest suburb. That is how I feel about the Springs. Also, the local stations do both, just depends on the station.

I suppose technically you are right but I will never put Colorado Springs before Pueblo! Plus they are not that much bigger then Pueblo and we are growing so I suspect the gap will shrink as growth tends to hit cities un evenly but over time balance out.

You can see that is how we grew. First Pueblo had a growth spurt and was bigger then the Springs did and became bigger now there is more development planed for Pueblo is the next 20 years, in fact in the latest census Pueblo is starting to grow faster then the Springs.

Old 03-08-2009, 12:54 PM

2,943 posts, read 5,046,815 times
Quote:
People in Colorado Springs say Colorado Springs - Pueblo just like in Minneapolis they say Minneapolis - St Paul and people in Pueblo say Pueblo - Colorado Springs just like people in St Paul say St Paul - Minneapolis. In fact people in St Paul consider themselves more cosmopolitan and call Minneapolis their largest suburb. That is how I feel about the Springs. Also, the local stations do both, just depends on the station.

I suppose technically you are right but I will never put Colorado Springs before Pueblo! Plus they are not that much bigger then Pueblo and we are growing so I suspect the gap will shrink as growth tends to hit cities un evenly but over time balance out.

You can see that is how we grew. First Pueblo had a growth spurt and was bigger then the Springs did and became bigger now there is more development planed for Pueblo is the next 20 years, in fact in the latest census Pueblo is starting to grow faster then the Springs.
Are you on crack? St. Paul is the more ghetto city of the Twin Cities. Minneapolis is the slightly larger, more cosmopolitan city. And they're only separated by the Mississippi River, not over 40 miles like Pueblo and Colorado Springs.

Old 03-08-2009, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacobeclark View Post
Are you on crack? St. Paul is the more ghetto city of the Twin Cities. Minneapolis is the slightly larger, more cosmopolitan city. And they're only separated by the Mississippi River, not over 40 miles like Pueblo and Colorado Springs.
The twin cities are more developed then the Pueblo/ Colorado Springs area but they were not always that way and had to start somewhere. That is how our region is now and we are growing. Here is a map of the largest development that brings the city if Pueblo to the El Paso county line:

The developer is a Las Vegas developer who is planing on building the states largest tech park called the Pueblo Springs Tech park. Here is what CU Boulder has to say about it and our downtown:

Pueblo County - Historically, Pueblo County has experienced moderate population growth. This trend will change when the Pueblo Springs Ranch is complete. The 23,000-acre subdivision in northeast Pueblo County is expected to have about 75,000 households, or 200,000 people when completed. The Historic Arkansas Riverwalk Project has begun to pay the economic dividends its creators intended. In August 2007, the new 44,000-square-foot headquarters of the Professional Bull Riders Association was dedicated, and new restaurants and other establishments have opened near the new building.

Pueblo is also seen as more urban as the downtown is larger and the Springs is seen as more suburban as the city covers more land area then even the city of Denver.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City