Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 11:52 PM

3,435 posts, read 6,956,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
Anyway in fairness to albuquerque i do believe bradly has stated that they will build a 40 story tower soon correct??
Yup that has been delayed, because of a "recession" the Blue Dot Corporation announced a few weeks back that "they" would groundbreak when the Anasazi Condos are completed.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:07 AM

2,857 posts, read 6,700,183 times
El Paso's downtown has many old buildings with some great architecture that you don't usually see in the newer big cities in the west. It gives El Paso a cool, funky vibe. The Mexican flavor also makes it different. The steep incline up the Franklin mountains north of downtown adds to the character, as does Juarez to the south. El Paso's downtown is unique, to say the least.

Old 01-21-2009, 01:04 PM

1,399 posts, read 4,165,767 times
All three are quite different from the other...is this a competition? I like crawling the older, rough at the edges part of EP downtown..great old buildings that I hope can be restored. Downtown LC, unfortunately, has lost a lot of the old structures, though it looks like those that remain will likely be saved, like the old hotel, etc.

Old 01-21-2009, 01:26 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,883,133 times
As an El Paso resident.. I have to say that Albuquerque has a better Downtown.. but don't you all have 2?

I was impressed with the art around your Downtown.. and yes I have to say the lit up buildings are a sight to see.

But don't get cocky. El Paso's Downtown is changing and the picture you used is old and out dated. There are new buildings downtown, and we may be a bit of competition to you soon enough. =)

Old 01-21-2009, 03:23 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,503,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
As an El Paso resident.. I have to say that Albuquerque has a better Downtown.. but don't you all have 2?

I was impressed with the art around your Downtown.. and yes I have to say the lit up buildings are a sight to see.

But don't get cocky. El Paso's Downtown is changing and the picture you used is old and out dated. There are new buildings downtown, and we may be a bit of competition to you soon enough. =)
Great post and point Muhnay .

Old 01-21-2009, 06:01 PM

Quote:

I see the hotel that was gutted last year seems to be about renovated now. Cant remember what it used to be called....

Old 01-22-2009, 12:18 AM

3,435 posts, read 6,956,698 times
Quote:

Well there is no way any building in El Paso will give Albuquerque Comp.. At leat in the future any timesoon. The Residences at Packard Place, a 40+ story tower will soon be the largest building in the state of NM over 750+feet and will be covered in blue glass, although i must say El Paso does also have a great dt, Albuquerque has an Uptown as well, with a few more highrises. Albuquerque's skyline is full of colors at night, we arent called the city of Illumination for nothin

Old 01-22-2009, 07:41 AM

2,857 posts, read 6,700,183 times
Since Las Cruces dropped off of this thread early on, maybe this topic ought to be moved to El Paso or Albuquerque. I never heard of the city of Illumination before.

Old 01-22-2009, 08:04 AM

56 posts, read 161,147 times
Yeah, Cruces' downtown is blah. That really shouldn't affect someone's decision to move here. And speaking of the Organ's, that is the prettiest thing I've ever seen. I hope it never gets ruined with highrises.

Old 01-22-2009, 12:21 PM

LC really isn't close to EP or Burque downtown wise, and probably never will be, at least in MY lifetime. LC downtown has it's own challenges (many, in fact) but it's more a small town thing where the others are actual CITYs.
I'd hate to see much over 4 or 5 stories in downtown LC, though the new construction there will push that limit. A nice "small town" downtown, mixed use of residence, retail and office space would be ideal to me. I think many people crave an authentic downtown, as opposed to the "could be anywhere USA' soulless strip mall developments. This might not be true of folks under 30 who've known nothing else...I can't say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City