Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Mega City Skyline is your favorite?
Chicago 149 41.39%
New York 211 58.61%
Voters: 360. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 03:40 PM

784 posts, read 2,265,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasS6 View Post
First, ignoring dem, euro, and pitt was the best thing I ever did.

Second, reading Hendu's post in response to pitt (and pitt's responses before I blocked him), I think it's hilarious he was talking about Indiana Jones and not paying attention to stats and research and then wants to parse numbers. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Third, another great example of hypocrisy is SlickRick telling everyone to look to the poll, like it ends his argument. "Look at the poll! Look at the poll!" Then a larger poll comes up that has different results and he's all "Don't look at the poll it's wrong! Don't look at the poll, it's wrong!" LOL

I love NY, but it's cheerleaders on C-D are so, so defensive and insecure.

I wasn't being a hypocrite. I never said that I don't use statistics. I merely pointed out if you do, don't put down others who do. There was a lot of people jumping on others for exactly what they were doing. I use them to make some points. Never said I didn't. Some statistics are worthy, some arent. I believe that I explained what I thought regarding the poll where Chicago "apparently" won by .1 percent. Weather you agree with my assessment or not is up to you. But hypocrite I am not. You show me where I said that "I" dont use statistics.

On another note. Show me one poll between NY and Chicago where Chicago won. There have been hundreds on here maybe even thousands and I have yet to see one where Chicago wins.....Is it just me. Maybe I am missing something......

Old 03-30-2009, 03:42 PM

1,437 posts, read 3,072,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickRick1 View Post
I wasn't being a hypocrite. I never said that I don't use statistics. I merely pointed out if you do, don't put down others who do. There was a lot of people jumping on others for exactly what they were doing. I use them to make some points. Never said I didn't. Some statistics are worthy, some arent. I believe that I explained what I thought regarding the poll where Chicag "apparently" won by .1 percent. Weather you agree with my assessment or not is up to you. But hypocrite I am not. You show me where I said that "I" dont use statistics.

On another note. Show me one poll between NY and Chicago where Chicago won. There have been hundreds on here maybe even thousands and I have yet to see where Chicago wins.....Is it just me. Maybe I am missing something......

You ain't missing a thing. Unlike the residents of Cow-town, I mean Chi-town!!..... They hate to see the TRUTH in black and white!.....

Old 03-30-2009, 04:00 PM

1,061 posts, read 1,558,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsteelerfan View Post
Why, cause me saying that I'd rather be more like him compared to a professor who NEVER leaves the confides of a classroom?.........
Ha, I'm afraid that this is over your head so let me spell it out. When someone uses a list or stat that you don't like you disregard it because you're Indiana Jones on the ground doing research. Yet when anyone has a figure off, you jump on them. Were you on the ground conducting a census and doing your research, meeting and counting every single person in NYC and Chicago?

Old 03-30-2009, 04:09 PM

464 posts, read 1,079,369 times
Quote:
You ain't missing a thing. Unlike the residents of Cow-town, I mean Chi-town!!..... They hate to see the TRUTH in black and white!.....
Will that ever get old to you...or are you that much of a simpleton that it remains hilarious? MANY New Residents of NYC are single, or young couples (for the most part) if you have a family in NYC, you move to the suburbs.

Old 03-30-2009, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendu View Post
Ha, I'm afraid that this is over your head so let me spell it out. When someone uses a list or stat that you don't like you disregard it because you're Indiana Jones on the ground doing research. Yet when anyone has a figure off, you jump on them. Were you on the ground conducting a census and doing your research, meeting and counting every single person in NYC and Chicago?

Old 03-30-2009, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spire View Post
Will that ever get old to you...or are you that much of a simpleton that it remains hilarious? MANY New Residents of NYC are single, or young couples (for the most part) if you have a family in NYC, you move to the suburbs.
............... So now, let me get this straight, nobody raises a family in NYC?.... You really have NOT been to NYC, have you? Why does NYC even have schools then?.... Would seem like a waste since EVERYONE raises their kids in the burbs?.......

Old 03-30-2009, 04:19 PM

Quote:
NYC has the LARGEST school sytem in the country. 1.1 million students attend school in NYC! I guess this FACT, is another FACT about NYC, that you would like to ignore, or DENY?....

So what are basing your statement on?............

Old 03-30-2009, 04:27 PM

1 posts, read 1,772,513 times
Quote:
Um, not really. Only if you're poor. And money aside, there are millions of children in NYC so I don't know where you're getting your information.

I think you mean, Manhattan not NYC. And even that trend is reversing. Manhattan tots are the wealthiest kids in the United States. It is a privelege to be raised in Manhattan.

NY Times- Surge in Manhattan Toddlers, White Manhattan Toddlers Richest In The United States.
Quote:

Since 2000, according to census figures released last year, the number of children under age 5 living in Manhattan mushroomed by more than 32 percent. And though their ranks have been growing for several years, a new analysis for The New York Times makes clear for the first time who has been driving that growth: wealthy white families.

The analysis shows that Manhattan’s white non-Hispanic toddlers are being raised by parents whose median income was $284,208 a year in 2005, which means they are growing up in wealthier households than similar youngsters in any other large county in the country.

Among white families with toddlers, San Francisco ranked second, with a median income of $150,763, followed by Somerset, N.J. ($136,807); San Jose, Calif. ($134,668); Fairfield, Conn. ($132,427); and Westchester ($122,240).
The kids in Manhattan are glamorous and the kids in Chicago are dirty and unprivileged. The middle-class Chicagoan families all flee as evidenced by the negative population growth.

Last edited by Americanboy; 03-30-2009 at 04:37 PM..

Old 03-30-2009, 04:45 PM

1 posts, read 1,772,513 times
Quote:
This post screams lies, but what really got me is its population drop. Who cares if the population falls to 2 million? The city is being regentrified. How is the population drop alarming? Let me show you something...since the only thing Wikipedia is useful for is population, I'll use them as a source.

New York City Metropolitan Area Population Estimates
2000:18,323,002
2007 (Estimate):18,815,988

A growth of 500,000!

Chicago Metropolitan Area Population Estimates
2000:9,098,316
2007 (Estimate):9,785,747

A growth of over 700,000 people sure is showing that no one wants to move there!

At least make your lies somewhat believable before you post them. Think my numbers are wrong? Think I'm inflating anything? Look it up on Wikipedia. ONE OF YOUR FAVORITE SOURCES!!!!!
It's great that Chicagans (on this forum at least) have so much pride in their city and actually think it is in any way, shape, or form, better than NYC....if only they could convice themselves to stay or convince anyone to move in.

Oh well,

CENSUS BUREAU

census.gov

Say it with me; N-E-G-A-T-I-V-E P-O-P-U-L-A-T-I-O-N G-R-O-W-T-H.

Nice try.

Last edited by Americanboy; 03-30-2009 at 04:56 PM..

Old 03-30-2009, 04:57 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,310,892 times
Quote:
Dont you live in chicago(land)
serious question
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City