Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Mega City Skyline is your favorite?
Chicago 149 41.39%
New York 211 58.61%
Voters: 360. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 03:09 AM

1,624 posts, read 3,289,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasS6 View Post
It wasn't trying to show popular opinion (of course NYC wins that, there's 3 times more of them), it was showing expert opinion.
What experts? The website credited as one of the most credible, emporis.com, lists New York's skyline as number two in the world while Chicago is number four... And no, it is not the local New York opinion as New York is NOT number one in the poll, it's an opinion of the global community of Emporis.
Construction Comparison of the World's Most Booming Cities | Emporis.com

Also, AIA poll shows Empire State Building as the favorite tall building in the US, were those only New Yorkers voting? )

Your arguments are so bizarre Lucas, no wonder Americanboy is whooping your ass....

Last edited by dementor; 04-14-2009 at 03:18 AM..

Old 04-14-2009, 04:44 AM

1,963 posts, read 1,822,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dementor View Post
What experts? The website credited as one of the most credible, emporis.com, lists New York's skyline as number two in the world while Chicago is number four... And no, it is not the local New York opinion as New York is NOT number one in the poll, it's an opinion of the global community of Emporis.
Construction Comparison of the World's Most Booming Cities | Emporis.com

Also, AIA poll shows Empire State Building as the favorite tall building in the US, were those only New Yorkers voting? )

Your arguments are so bizarre Lucas, no wonder Americanboy is whooping your ass....
Congrats, your post has inspired me to add you to my ignore list.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:35 AM

177 posts, read 479,524 times
This poll has been completely tainted. A poll of relatively modest activity over the last few weeks cannot have 60 sudden votes for one city unless a user, or users, created 60 new accounts and voted for a city. I would suggest closing this entire thread mods.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:46 AM

2,716 posts, read 6,893,685 times
Shouldn't the mods be able to track multiple accounts created by single IP addresses?

Old 04-14-2009, 09:50 AM

2,598 posts, read 4,922,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerflipper View Post
Shouldn't the mods be able to track multiple accounts created by single IP addresses?
That's what I was thinking. Whoever they are able to track, should then be banned.

Old 04-14-2009, 10:08 AM

2,314 posts, read 4,796,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Americanboy View Post
And you need to stop pathetically digging for blog links to validate your unpopular opinions.

Chicago is OK being second class.
I think we all know Chicago isn't New York.

I don't think anyone's arguing that.

Despite that fact of Chicago being a second class city doesn't take away from the fact that it's fun, cultural, and beautiful. It seems like a compliment to Chicago is an automatic F-U to New York.

Get over it! New York's amazing, yes, but other cities are too!

I'm sure Houston also has loads to offer.

Old 04-14-2009, 10:22 AM

633 posts, read 1,441,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHICAGO_IS_THE_BEST View Post
NEW YORK CITY WAS WINNING....

Until I came in!!!!!!! YEA, I RIGGED IT. SO????? CHICAGO DESERVES TO BE #1 SO I CHANGED THE RESULTS TO REALITY WHICH IS...CHICAGO IS #1!!! YOU NEW YORKERS THINK YOU HAVE TO BE #1 AT EVERYTHING! We are skyline kings because we invented the skyscraper!! That means something, doesn't it??????????????

CHICAGO PRIDE!!! HATERS!!!!
This is Dementor again.

Old 04-14-2009, 10:23 AM

633 posts, read 1,441,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Americanboy View Post
Wow some of you Chicago guys are so pathetic NYC was winning this thread for a month or two and then suddenly Chicago caught up in the span of 30 minutes.

And the NY troll was dumb for responding to it and voting NY back to first place. This thread should have been kept as an analysis of how insecure Chicagoans can be since it's so massively overshadowed by New York and a lot of Chicagoans want to change reality which is NY is the far better city with a more jaw dropping and popular skyline
This is also Dementor

Old 04-14-2009, 11:11 AM

5,347 posts, read 10,152,962 times
The mods need to pull the plug on this thread!

Old 04-14-2009, 11:29 AM

1 posts, read 1,771,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitown2pa View Post
This is also Dementor
You are apparently a very stupid person.

I am dementor because Chicago is a crappy, frigid, unpopular, ugly eyesore with a dwindling population? Ive noticed that anyone who dislikes Chicago is automatically dementor. I guess the masses of people responsible for Chicago's decline who obviously hate and flee the city every year must be spawns of dementor too!! Did I hurt your feelings?

I'm pretty sure you can't get away with posting under multiple identities for hundreds (or a thousand in his case) posts, genius. If I was dementor I would have been banned a long time ago. Dementor would be banned too. I bet you are the troll who rigged this poll in the first place.

Last edited by Americanboy; 04-14-2009 at 11:45 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City