Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Mega City Skyline is your favorite?
Chicago 149 41.39%
New York 211 58.61%
Voters: 360. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 07:38 PM

464 posts, read 1,079,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dementor View Post
Like everyone who notices that Chicago is a cultural wasteland and there is no single national cultural event in this pathetic city must be a troll

The way I see it you are a perfect example of a troll as you never back your arguments with any data.
Don't talk about pathetic cities when the people in NYC can't stand to not be number one at everything. I wonder how the city would react if L.A passed them to become the largest metro. I'm pretty sure some of you egotistical New Yorkers would try to have the city removed from the planet.

Old 03-04-2009, 07:52 PM

1,624 posts, read 3,291,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spire View Post
I wonder how the city would react if L.A passed them to become the largest metro. I'm pretty sure some of you egotistical New Yorkers would try to have the city removed from the planet.
I can tell you: nobody would care. So what? Sao Paolo is bigger and what does it change for New York? Would it stop to be the capitol of culture, finance, media, arts? There is too much going on in New York to pay attention to details like that...

Now, if Wall Street, Broadway or UN moved this would be a legitimate cause for concern. There are many jobs tied to those institutions...

Old 03-04-2009, 07:57 PM

156 posts, read 378,206 times
Quote:
Don't talk about pathetic cities when the people in NYC can't stand to not be number one at everything. I wonder how the city would react if L.A passed them to become the largest metro. I'm pretty sure some of you egotistical New Yorkers would try to have the city removed from the planet.
Now is this the same talk like in the 80/90's saying LA would eventually pass up NY in the 2000's because its large influx of Mexican & South American immigrants? Hasn't happened yet because NY bucked the trend in the late 90's but it might still happen in the future.

Anyway carry on again with this never-ending thread. Do you know that throughout the pages Chicagoans are ganging up on a single dementor?

Old 03-04-2009, 09:12 PM

734 posts, read 2,053,799 times
Quote:
Like everyone who notices that Chicago is a cultural wasteland and there is no single national cultural event in this pathetic city must be a troll
People actually think that? LOL No one who's actually been there. Do you live there or have you just visited again? Or do you want to admit you've never been.
LMAO

Old 03-04-2009, 09:22 PM

464 posts, read 1,079,489 times
Quote:
I can tell you: nobody would care. So what? Sao Paolo is bigger and what does it change for New York? Would it stop to be the capitol of culture, finance, media, arts? There is too much going on in New York to pay attention to details like that...

Now, if Wall Street, Broadway or UN moved this would be a legitimate cause for concern. There are many jobs tied to those institutions...
Why don't you just stop posting here. You try to make an OPINION sound like it is a fact.

In YOUR opinion NYC may be some great city unmatched by any other, but that isn't the opinion of most.

Old 03-04-2009, 10:08 PM

1 posts, read 1,772,874 times
Quote:

Largest metro? What a joke. Who the hell cares about the metro? Have you ever heard anyone in New York City brag that they live in the largest metro in the United States? LOL, how ridiculous.

New York City will always be the largest city in the United States.

Old 03-04-2009, 10:12 PM

Quote:
UGH.THE NUMBER OF BUILDINGS MEANS NOTHING!!!! It's all about the size of the region and the amount of jobs. NYC metro has over 20 million while Chicago is 10 million. Chicago isn't going to have anywhere NEAR the amount because its half the size...there's no demand for it.
No no no no no,

New York City's metropolitan area is 2X times the size of Chicago's (population wise), so going by your theory Chicago should have 3,000 high-rises since New York City has 6,000. But Chicago only has 1,000.

Look, Chicago isn't too bad of a town, but to compare it to New York City is absurd. Chicago has more in common with Dallas than it does with New York City.

Old 03-04-2009, 10:14 PM

...Just bizarre. Why are you thinking about Chicago so much? I mean, any factual observation would prove you wrong so...why do you persist?

Old 03-04-2009, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasS6 View Post
...Just bizarre. Why are you thinking about Chicago so much? I mean, any factual observation would prove you wrong so...why do you persist?
And how many posts do you have in this thread? Why do you think about New York City so much? Leave it alone and move on with your life.

Old 03-04-2009, 10:27 PM

I don't think about it. I've barely talked about it. I don't care if people like NYC over Chicago- I just find it funny when people have complexes over other cities, and some NYCers on this thread and others sure do deliver. Aside from pointing out the hypocrisy of dementor calling Chicago provincial, and the hypocrisy of people saying because NYC has more skyscrapers so it musts be better (vis a vis Shanghai), I haven't said much about New York at all.

And, funny enough, neither have you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City