Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Mega City Skyline is your favorite?
Chicago 149 41.39%
New York 211 58.61%
Voters: 360. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 12:17 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,068,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurous1 View Post
Pinky? What are you talking about?

A finishing school in Europe or on the East Coast of the United States would be very beneficial to you.
Well I guess you told on yourself. You apparently don't run with those social circles...ha ha.

I do pretty good for myself but thanks.

Old 03-06-2009, 12:19 AM

1,694 posts, read 5,661,617 times
Quote:
Are you. like. jealous?
*chuckles again* Ahh the naive wannabes.
Keep bumping gum's,I don't need to prove to anyone on here the lifestyle I live and with that alone I know its better than yours but I'm done with this argument. Carry on I'm positive you can fool some of these people.

Old 03-06-2009, 12:20 AM

1 posts, read 1,758,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
You talk as if you live there. Anybody in the city would gladly remind you that you don't know **** about the city unless you live there.

Your so sad
Don't be ridiculous, I have been to New York City over 20 times. And I am only 23 years old.

Old 03-06-2009, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
If you're going for smug continental arrogance, it helps to have the apostrophe in the right place.
Is there a reason you're 10 pages back? Do you need help or shall I summarize? Why would you resurrect an old post to point out something so stupid?

Last edited by Americanboy; 03-06-2009 at 01:04 AM..

Old 03-06-2009, 12:28 AM

3,674 posts, read 8,626,092 times
Quote:
Don't be ridiculous, I have been to New York City over 20 times. And I am only 23 years old.
Oh, I was wondering exactly what type of stereotype you were trying to portray.

Gosh gee willickers, over twenty three years old? You must know so much! After all, you can count the number of times you've been someplace. This many!

That made me laugh

I have no hard feelings towards you, but you should know that you come across as increasingly ignorant, backwards and more bent on achieving some sense of cosmopolitanism than actually being correct.

Just so you know, because this is important if no one's told you yet, between adults peppering your conversation with dramatic airs of worldly sophistication is extremely transparent. Just be yourself, because we see through everything else. Right now, you're obviously trying to shore up a complete lack of knowledge that would add to this discussion with pretension; FYI, no one accepts your posited superiority as proof.

Old 03-06-2009, 12:38 AM

Quote:

Gosh gee willickers, over twenty three years old? You must know so much! After all, you can count the number of times you've been someplace. This many!

That made me laugh

I have no hard feelings towards you, but you should know that you come across as increasingly ignorant, backwards and more bent on achieving some sense of cosmopolitanism than actually being correct.

Just so you know, because this is important if no one's told you yet, between adults peppering your conversation with dramatic airs of worldly sophistication is extremely transparent. Just be yourself, because we see through everything else. Right now, you're obviously trying to shore up a complete lack of knowledge that would add to this discussion with pretension; FYI, no one accepts your posited superiority as proof.
Why is everyone so jealous? Coldwine, what exactly do you find pretentious? My dislike of Chicago? I don't understand. I'm not pretentious, I'm just privileged.

Please teach me how to be a regular "down to earth" (code: unfortunate) Americana Chicagoan! Maybe I switch my clothing for JC Penny, start eating Chicago hot dogs and attend one of gtown's "jumping block parties".

Truth is, I am just terribly sophisticated. I would stick out like a sore thumb in Chicago. I am too good for it. It's not my fault I was born wealthy and good-looking. If you have a problem with my pretension, you are more than welcome to kiss my knickers.

Old 03-06-2009, 12:44 AM

1,119 posts, read 2,731,083 times
well said, coldwine.

Quote:

That made me laugh

Old 03-06-2009, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Why is everyone so jealous? Coldwine, what exactly do you find pretentious? My dislike of Chicago? I don't understand. I'm not pretentious, I'm just privileged.

Please teach me how to be a regular "down to earth" (code: unfortunate) Americana Chicagoan! Maybe I switch my clothing for JC Penny, start eating Chicago hot dogs and attend one of gtown's "jumping block parties".

Truth is, I am just terribly sophisticated. I would stick out like a sore thumb in Chicago. I am too good for it. It's not my fault I was born wealthy and good-looking. If you have a problem with my pretension, you are more than welcome to kiss my knickers.
Sweetheart, from this down to earth Chicagoan who enjoys a good hot dog every now and then, I just don't have the time for children like you. If I wanted bastards I could have popped them out myself without half the trouble it is to read your posts. You're going on ignore.

Old 03-06-2009, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Sweetheart, I just don't have the time for children like you. If I wanted bastards I could have popped them out myself without half the trouble it is to read your posts. You're going on ignore.
Thankfully.

I had no idea where this coldwine thing came and I appreciate it retreating back to its hole.

Old 03-06-2009, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtown1 View Post
well said, coldwine.
You give me too much credit; see how fast I was to resort to swearing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City