Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: L.A or Houston??
L.A 32 61.54%
Houston 20 38.46%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 05:45 PM

514 posts, read 765,200 times

Advertisements

Houston's skyline by a little but LA has the tallest building and a mountain background. LA's skyline was very late in developing because of the previous restrictions due to the earthquake threat. As for restaurants, I'm only a simple man. Does Houston have In-N-Out Burger?

Old 02-06-2009, 05:54 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,857,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan in san diego View Post
Houston's skyline by a little but LA has the tallest building and a mountain background. LA's skyline was very late in developing because of the previous restrictions due to the earthquake threat. As for restaurants, I'm only a simple man. Does Houston have In-N-Out Burger?
nope, but we have Beck's Prime. never had an In-N-Out burger but if they are anything like the Beck's Prime burgers or better, I would love to get one if I ever get to visit L.A.

Old 02-06-2009, 06:45 PM

514 posts, read 765,200 times
Smile a little joking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
nope, but we have Beck's Prime. never had an In-N-Out burger but if they are anything like the Beck's Prime burgers or better, I would love to get one if I ever get to visit L.A.

I was joking a little about In-N-Out Burger. Many Californians swear by them and my nephew in Phoenix used to fly to LA just to eat at one. I don't see anything special and have a suspicion that I'd like Beck's a lot better!

Old 02-06-2009, 07:05 PM

1,694 posts, read 5,682,159 times
LOL dont be fooled while in n out is a good fast food joint..thats all it is a fast food joint..a "becks prime burger" sounds better to me.

Old 02-06-2009, 08:45 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,111,983 times
closed for mod review

Old 02-07-2009, 10:20 AM

9,191 posts, read 33,885,851 times
Ok, listen VERY CAREFULLY, folks...

Due to the rantings of a few folks lately, the room was shut down to be cleaned up. Two folks especially, got out of control. You KNOW who you were. To you two, let me just say this....

[CENTER]http://bestsmileys.com/signs11/19.gif (broken link)[/CENTER]

That being said, personal attacks and insults directed toward members will not be tolerated. Infraction points are going to be issued and no more warnings after this. Discuss the topic. STAY ON TOPIC. Agree to disagree, and debate as you want, but the second it degrades again into some kind of sophomoric ranting, the points will fly, and it will be shut down for good.

Take a moment to, yet again, familiarize yourselves with the terms of service for this site, which everyone agreed to when they signed up: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html capishe??

Thank you

Old 02-07-2009, 04:21 PM

1,423 posts, read 4,687,009 times
Los Angeles Always wins in Houston vs LA Polls.LA for me Los angeles is like a All-In-One Back Pack,Go to the beach,Hit the Ski Resorts,Then maybe drop buy a Theme Park,then Enjoy great NightLife in H-Wood.Houston has a Low cost of Living,so IF you make good money LA is the place to spend it if you Don't have money to live in LA, go to Houston,Houston has alot of stuff except there's no Mountains.

Old 02-07-2009, 08:59 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,277,589 times
[quote=californialove24;7366891]Los Angeles Always wins in Houston vs LA Polls.LA for me Los angeles is like a All-In-One Back Pack,Go to the beach,Hit the Ski Resorts,Then maybe drop buy a Theme Park,then Enjoy great NightLife in H-Wood.Houston has a Low cost of Living,so IF you make good money LA is the place to spend it if you Don't have money to live in LA, go to Houston,Houston has alot of stuff except there's no Mountains.[/quote]

And mountains rock!!!!!

Old 02-08-2009, 12:18 PM

1,423 posts, read 4,687,009 times
[quote=Canine*Castle;7370514]
Quote:
Originally Posted by californialove24 View Post
Los Angeles Always wins in Houston vs LA Polls.LA for me Los angeles is like a All-In-One Back Pack,Go to the beach,Hit the Ski Resorts,Then maybe drop buy a Theme Park,then Enjoy great NightLife in H-Wood.Houston has a Low cost of Living,so IF you make good money LA is the place to spend it if you Don't have money to live in LA, go to Houston,Houston has alot of stuff except there's no Mountains.[/quote]

And mountains rock!!!!!

Old 02-17-2009, 08:17 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
I'm a Californian that doesn't think In-N-Out is anything special. Most people love it. It's a tasty and reliable burger, though the menu is very limited.

If in Houston, and you like Greek food, one needs to go to "Niko Nikos." I ate there 2 out of the 3 nights I was there. I still think about it. Delicious. The other night, I ate at a place on Westheimer, about 1 to 3 miles west of the Galleria, that is on the north side of the street and is always busy/open real late. It was Mexican food. It was also very good and reasonably priced. Don't remember the name. But "Niko Nikos" was the best casual Greek food I've had in my life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City