Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2009, 07:47 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,939,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS88 View Post
Schools kids are still like that........the players change but the game stays the same.

yeah..one of my 1st grade kids (who is severely autistic, we're waiting for him to get placed but the city isn't doing it) is out of control. There was a loose piece of fiberglass on the cd player, so he took it off and threw it at my head. He was inching towards me with a fist. This kid could do some damage to me. He's really overweight and not that much smaller than I am, and i'm sure he weighs more than my 115 pounds.

These are just regular things that happen in schools in the worst neighborhoods of the country *sigh*

Old 04-07-2009, 09:18 PM

1,084 posts, read 3,869,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
yeah..one of my 1st grade kids (who is severely autistic, we're waiting for him to get placed but the city isn't doing it) is out of control. There was a loose piece of fiberglass on the cd player, so he took it off and threw it at my head. He was inching towards me with a fist. This kid could do some damage to me. He's really overweight and not that much smaller than I am, and i'm sure he weighs more than my 115 pounds.

These are just regular things that happen in schools in the worst neighborhoods of the country *sigh*

i couldnt say worse areas, just big city schools, you can find this in almost every school in miami, except maybe 2 or 3.

Old 04-08-2009, 05:36 AM

8,900 posts, read 15,939,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodymiami View Post
i couldnt say worse areas, just big city schools, you can find this in almost every school in miami, except maybe 2 or 3.

Do you even teach?

Old 04-08-2009, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Do you even teach?

no im currently a student. and i remember kids throwing chairs at teachers in elementary, kids bringing knives and drugs.

Old 04-08-2009, 08:24 AM

208 posts, read 1,217,986 times
Some of the worst neighborhoods I have ever seen were in Birmingham, Alabama. The overall quality of life in that city sucks in general.

New Orleans neighborhoods are no suprise.

In Washington DC = Barry Fams, Trinidad, Washington Highlands (one third of the city's 181 homicides in 2007 occurred there.), Sursum Corda (used to be BAD but I think is going under redevelopment), Half street Carrolsburg/ Buzzard Point area, Greenleaf Gardens, ect ect ect. Those are some of the worst in DC.

Richmond VA you have Mosby, and some other nasty projects.

Hood to Hood Mosby Courts Richmond VA
YouTube - hood to hood part 20

Hillside Courts Richmond VA (rap video)
YouTube - OTB's Videos InDastreets Richmond Va Hillside southside

North Saint Louis, East Saint Louis, Gary Indiana, Little Rock, are all pretty equal in my opinion.

Odessa Texas? What a dump.

South Carolina trap houses? ever seen em? 11 of the top 25 worst public schools are in South Carolina! Who the hell is in control of that state?
South Carolina is Home to 11 of Nation’s 25 Worst Public Schools « The Voice for School Choice

West Charllotte NC is bad.

East-End Newport News is bad. (Michael Vick land)

EVERY CITY has bad area's.

Last edited by 01va571; 04-08-2009 at 08:45 AM..

Old 04-08-2009, 09:50 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times
Quote:

Stuff like that will happen in any big school, not just in bad neighborhoods. I lived in a city with a pop. of about 120k and our high schools had things just like that happen. In the first semester of one school year ,there were a record of over 100 fights, within the next two months of the next semester there were 40 fights. They had a call in the swat team to control a riot that started up one day.

Old 04-08-2009, 01:05 PM

1,346 posts, read 4,214,790 times
Quote:
Do you even teach?
He doesn't have to teach to know that this stuff goes on in a lot of big city school districts. Especially since he said he was in one. Miami has a higher crime rate than NYC so I'm sure they have plenty of bad schools as well.

That's like me telling someone that they don't know that fire is hot because they don't run into burning buildings like me.

Old 04-08-2009, 02:57 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,946,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToughLuv View Post
Exactly what I was waitin for someone to say..

Northeast DC (Trinidad section)..6 murders in 2 hours? 8 in a weekend..Were talking about one neighboorhood, which is not even the majority of northeast DC, its a relatively small neighboorhod in comparison to the neighboorhoods that you all have been naming so far..It might not be that decayed but as far as danger thats as bad as it gets for the US and im from West Baltimore..I know bad when I see it..

When has has a neighboorhood been so bad it made national news or single handledy put the entire city in a state of emergency?..Watts does it, but thats rioting..

but Gary, Indiania is the murder capital overall so..
Liberty City in Miami was on CNN for that big shooting that hit 9 and killed 2.

Old 04-08-2009, 03:56 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,946,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post
^^^Word
But has anyone ever notice that smaller cities/town outside of big cities are ussually worse of.
for example
Gary indiana - chicago
Newark NJ - NYC
Camden NJ - Philly
East ST. Louis IL - STL
WHOA. I never realized that. That's true. Why is that?

Old 04-08-2009, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Liberty City in Miami was on CNN for that big shooting that hit 9 and killed 2.

yeah, but its kinda normal there, the avg people hit in a shooting is 2-4. and im talking about every shooting. i remember just a few weeks ago before that, a baby and 3 men were hit with an ak47( which didnt make big news,just local) and the baby died with the intended target. the baby was a police dispatchers kid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City