Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2009, 09:26 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,575,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Gary,Indiana

YouTube - GARY,INDIANA

Old 10-16-2009, 09:27 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,561,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
That video isn't showing Ghettos, it's showing the ruins of a great American city. That -ish is really depressing
I agree, I think if our country's leaders stop allowing our manufacturing jobs to leave to China the great city of Detroit can rise again. I think Detroit will rebuild again. I think if the Detroit basher that posted that video would go to Detroit and help instead of bashing it our country could be a better place.

YouTube - Rebuilding Detroit

YouTube - MCC and Blight Busters restore Detroit

Old 10-16-2009, 09:27 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,331,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
No, actually it made me feel good about my hometown of Jacksonville,fl that it wasn't the dirtiest city compared to Philly after driving I-95 through there.
It depends on what part of Jacksonville though, JAX has some very beautiful areas but parts also have dirt roads with no lights, etc. JAX has some beat up areas too. Philly has some very beautiful areas as well and it also has rundown parts too. You must've only saw a rough part of Philly and something must've happened there because the way you bash Philly every chance you get looks sorta weird.

Old 10-16-2009, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
That video isn't showing Ghettos, it's showing the ruins of a great American city. That -ish is really depressing
I agree ,it is hit and miss.

Old 10-16-2009, 09:32 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,561,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
You must've only saw a rough part of Philly and something must've happened there because the way you bash Philly every chance you get looks sorta weird.
Thats a great observation Infamous92, the bashing is a little strange especially when talking about one of America's great cities like Philadelphia with so much to offer and some amazing neighborhoods.

Old 10-16-2009, 09:35 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,176,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
I agree, I think if our country's leaders stop allowing our manufacturing jobs to leave to China the great city of Detroit can rise again. I think Detroit will rebuild again. I think if the Detroit basher that posted that video would go to Detroit and help instead of bashing it our country could be a better place.
The problem is that manufacturing employment has been in secular decline across the world for decades now. Waiting around for the return of a shrinking employment sector instead of acknowledging the reality of the situation is a big part of how rust-belt cities got to be in the sorry state most of 'em are in. This would be like shrinking farming communities wishing for the return of the glory days when it took 10 times as many people to produce X amount of agricultural goods as it does today. Wish all you want but dynamic economies yield to no man's wishes.

Old 10-16-2009, 09:43 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,331,120 times
This is my neighborhood, its not showing the bad parts, its just the cops in this video.

YouTube - COPS IN JAMAICA QUEENS VOL. 2/ UNBELIEVABLE FOOTAGE

I'm not saying its the worst neighborhood in America (its not) but its up there.

Can't wait to move out of here.

Old 10-16-2009, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Believe it or not,this use to be one of the worst areas of Jacksonville,the Brentwood section, I can't believe what I am seeing.
Jacksonville, Duval, Florida - Google Maps
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...2,110,,0,-7.13
The second area is a rough area(drugs and crime) that is going through an urban renewal phase this is the Springfield area.

Last edited by noland123; 10-16-2009 at 10:25 PM..

Old 11-06-2009, 02:35 PM

84 posts, read 312,049 times
I know someone who used to work at Detroit Recieving hospital. He's got boatloads of stories about that place.
This was in the 80's when Downtown Detroit was a mess, drug dealers on every corner:
So, a row of black Chevy blazers pull up. A bunch of hoods get out and do the little pimp-walk. He tells them they can't park there, they tell him it's alright, man, is alright. He walks over to the Blazers, and looks inside. They got the giant Cell phones, and some wads of cash. It also had YBI on the seats. Young Boys, INC. The big bad 70's-80's Detroit gang. He calls the tow truck to take the trucks away. They come out enraged, but there was no shooting (thank god).
A couple days later, the guys come back. Nothing big so far. Couple hours later...
A bunch of them come running out. Chasing after them, 15 DEA and FBI agents armed with shotguns. Well, the gang members were arrested. That must of been a weird experience, seeing that happen.

Old 11-06-2009, 03:52 PM

23 posts, read 85,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post

You know a gang is bad when they use vodoo to kill for drugs. lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City