Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: North Jersey or Long Island
North Jersey 208 62.28%
Long Island 126 37.72%
Voters: 334. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 03:45 PM

2,312 posts, read 7,526,002 times

Advertisements

Bye Rache, it's been a pleasure getting to know you. Have fun in Atlantic City, where you go "all the time."

It's amazing how people make up stories when they get online....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2009, 04:10 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,939,050 times
And just so you guys know, here's the league I played for growing up, not including college. You can see all the rinks I played at in NJ since I had been asked earlier:

Girl's Ice Hockey - Driving Directions

And just for kicks...my old team with the list of where we played. And this was just traveling for HS hockey. I traveled way more for college hockey:

http://www.islandwavesgirlshockey.co...irlshockey.com

Old 02-11-2009, 07:41 PM

1,990 posts, read 7,634,102 times
Speaking of Hockey, The New Jersey Devils defeated the New York Islanders at the Prudential Center in Newark at a score of 4-2. This is the 4th consecutive win over the Islanders. Once again, North Jersey proves its superiority over Long Island.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:08 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,939,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkCity0416 View Post
Speaking of Hockey, The New Jersey Devils defeated the New York Islanders at the Prudential Center in Newark at a score of 4-2. This is the 4th consecutive win over the Islanders. Once again, North Jersey proves its superiority over Long Island.

I can't stand the Islanders

Old 02-11-2009, 08:38 PM

1,990 posts, read 7,634,102 times
^^^ yeah, that's the first time I heard that.

Old 02-11-2009, 09:03 PM

1,624 posts, read 3,291,217 times
quote=Newarkbomb;7425331]The Jersey shore is point blank more popular than LI beaches no question... And I'm not talking about famous people because are you famous? Am I famous? is 99% of the world famous? no.

More NYC residents go to the Jersey shore, not The Hamptons[/quote]

More NYC residents go to LI beaches like Jones Beach, Robert Moses etc etc. Hamptons are extremely popular amongst the rich and wanna-be rich people. Do you really think Jersey Shore is more popular?

Old 02-11-2009, 09:25 PM

9,169 posts, read 13,247,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newarkbomb View Post
maybe, that makes more sense.. but i wasn't refering to you about the people bashing NNJ. I know you didn't

and i didn't know NNJ was so much bigger than LI.. i actually thoug LI was bigger
Thanks Newark.

New Jersey is 8,000+ square miles. I do not know exactly the size of southern NJ or northern NJ as it depends on how you define the boundary. To make it even interesting - there is also central New Jersey and its boundaries. Even on the New Jersey forum lol, there is disagreement about the boundaries!

Long Island is over 1,300+ square miles. It seems bigger because the island really is very long - 118 miles (but only 12 to 23 miles wide). The island borders New Jersey by water (Hudson and Monmouth counties) on the west and continues onto Rhode Island (Washington county) on the east!

Old 02-12-2009, 01:56 PM

1,577 posts, read 5,687,483 times
dementor

i know it is

Jersey Shore - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 02-12-2009, 02:47 PM

1,624 posts, read 3,291,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newarkbomb View Post

You know but wikipedia does not have that data i.e. it does not say NJ shore is more popular/gets more visitors than LI. LI is traditionally weekend gateways for New Yorkers, with some places like Hamptons or Fire Island becoming part of the pop-culture.

Old 02-12-2009, 03:10 PM

1,577 posts, read 5,687,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dementor View Post
You know but wikipedia does not have that data i.e. it does not say NJ shore is more popular/gets more visitors than LI. LI is traditionally weekend gateways for New Yorkers, with some places like Hamptons or Fire Island becoming part of the pop-culture.
Yes, it doesn't. But i don see you with any kind of proof at all saying LI is more popular than Jersey Shore either.

It should just be obvious which one attracts more people.. especially with both of there locations. What's easier to get to?

Philadelphia Metro ---> Jersey Shore
NYC/Jersey Metro ---> Jersey Shore
The Rest of New Jersey---> Jersey Shore

NYC/LI metro---> LI beaches
... ... is that it??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City