Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: North Jersey or Long Island
North Jersey 208 62.28%
Long Island 126 37.72%
Voters: 334. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 12:49 AM

2,653 posts, read 5,961,308 times

Advertisements

Who cares about the Bronx..........................
This is a NNJ Vs LI thread. Lets get back on topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2009, 03:08 AM

155 posts, read 196,965 times
North Jersey has more to offer and has a better location.

Old 12-23-2009, 04:02 AM

957 posts, read 1,133,195 times
If I had to choose I'd pick up NNJ hands down , it has more diversity in scenery and topography , LI looks like a long boring stretch of flat land and the more eastward you go the more isolated you get , it's depressin' , moreover NNJ is much closer to NYC than LI , the easternmost LI point is 114 miles from Manhattan!they're closer to Boston than New York lol...

Old 12-23-2009, 08:31 AM

2,705 posts, read 8,271,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
I went to skyscrapercity and found a thread with photos for every neighborhood in bk,bx and qns. And its safe to say the boroughs have more flavor and more overall hustle and bustle than atlanta. I've been to atlanta and its mainly a suburb. The bronx and BK have better public transportation systems than some cities, including any city found in jersey

But anyway EEK basically had the common sense covered already and answered you as i would have answered you

I think you lack it though. Like for instance when you said JC is a bigger financial center than the bronx........DUH JC is a city, one of jersey's premeir city's at that, the bronx is not a city its finances along with the rest of the city, is done on wall st

And i mention pop culture significance. Mentioning the most dominent world renown sports team in american history, the biggest metropolitan zoo in the us(to which u replied with a wimpy state park lol) A culture that has influenced a generation. And all you can say for jersey is something that was created in the 1765 lmao
Did you just call Liberty State Park "a wimpy state park" ? That's funny. Liberty State Park has some of the most commanding, awe-inspiring views out of any park in the NATION. And you realize that it's almost the size of Central Park, right? Wimpy...you're funny.

KONY, I think there are a lot of things that you just have a hard time wrapping your head around. I care not to go into details, but you really don't understand the dynamic of NJ/NY's relationship (both historically and currently), and the concept of a metropolitan area. If it's any consolation, you are not alone in this -- quite a few of your fellow NYers are in your boat.

There are many great people of NYC, but just as many ignorant/arrogant ones who don't know much about the rest of the metropolitan region, let alone the rest of the country. Kind of makes me glad I'm on the western bank of the Hudson. People are generally just more open minded around here.

Old 12-23-2009, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonthan437 View Post
Yeah, New Jersey residents are famous for being openminded and the cultural contributions of the Western bank of Hudson compared to the Eastern bank are simply overwhelming.
I am too glad you are stuck on the Western bank. Stay there. Don't even thing about coming to the city. We don't want you here...
Nice insightful 3rd post, Newbie!

And thanks for illustrating my point so wonderfully ... and on cue, too!

...by the way, I'm a native of NYC, so I'll continue to come into town as I please, for business and pleasure. But I'll also avoid folks with the attitude that you wear so proudly on your sleeve.

Old 12-23-2009, 08:49 AM

2,881 posts, read 6,088,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
I went to skyscrapercity and found a thread with photos for every neighborhood in bk,bx and qns. And its safe to say the boroughs have more flavor and more overall hustle and bustle than atlanta. I've been to atlanta and its mainly a suburb. The bronx and BK have better public transportation systems than some cities, including any city found in jersey

But anyway EEK basically had the common sense covered already and answered you as i would have answered you

I think you lack it though. Like for instance when you said JC is a bigger financial center than the bronx........DUH JC is a city, one of jersey's premeir city's at that, the bronx is not a city its finances along with the rest of the city, is done on wall st

And i mention pop culture significance. Mentioning the most dominent world renown sports team in american history, the biggest metropolitan zoo in the us(to which u replied with a wimpy state park lol) A culture that has influenced a generation. And all you can say for jersey is something that was created in the 1765 lmao

It isn't common sense...for anyone who would know: BX not having finances is no excuse. Brooklyn's office space tripled in the last 10 years. Even QNs included some. The REAL ANSWER: BX is not an attractive location for business Yankee stadium was charity.

The only people who like BX is are BX'ites. BX would not trump Long Island either. Our 'wimpy' state park gets more visitors than live in BX.

But yet, here is a link showing how 'well' your great zoo is doing:

Budget cuts force Bronx Zoo to 'fire' animals - CNN.com

How is BX culture helping it now with those oceans of projects and near 30% poverty rate? It's not...it will remain the most burned out borough in NYC.

FYI: the difference between you and eek is that you'll defend BX not b/c it's better, but b/c it's your home) You'd tell me BX was better than DT Chicago too I bet. How about Miami? lmao

please start a BX vs. NJ thread

Old 12-23-2009, 09:05 AM

Quote:
No you are not. You live in New Jersey and trying to rationalize your choice of neighborhood in any possible way.

And if you continue coming to the city then you simply contradict what you just said about the eastern bank of Hudson. If you:[ then you should not be coming to the city. What's the point?
And why is that?

Old 12-23-2009, 09:13 AM

Attached Thumbnails
North Jersey VS Long Island-do_not_feed_trolls.jpg  

Old 12-23-2009, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyc_37 View Post
You're right...you're def right.

Old 12-23-2009, 09:23 AM

5,251 posts, read 13,817,095 times
Quote:
No you are not. You live in New Jersey and trying to rationalize your choice of neighborhood in any possible way.

And if you continue coming to the city then you simply contradict what you just said about the eastern bank of Hudson. If you:[ then you should not be coming to the city. What's the point?
So just because someone chooses to live in NJ over NYC for whatever the reason they shouldn't be aloud to take a stroll in the city?

This is like saying NYers shouldn't be aloud to come to Jersey for its shores, to visit family, to shop w/out sales tax, ski, work, visit amusement parks, etc because they have too much pride in NYC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City