Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: North Jersey or Long Island
North Jersey 208 62.28%
Long Island 126 37.72%
Voters: 334. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 10:33 AM

2,705 posts, read 8,239,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
So just because someone chooses to live in NJ over NYC for whatever the reason they shouldn't be aloud to take a stroll in the city?

This is like saying NYers shouldn't be aloud to come to Jersey for its shores, to visit family, to shop w/out sales tax, ski, work, visit amusement parks, etc because they have too much pride in NYC.
Perone ... probably best to let this character fade away into the sunset, LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2009, 10:43 AM

3,003 posts, read 6,063,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyc_37 View Post
Chill out partner. I reported your post, for a personal attack.

Our smelly state? The air quality in NJ is better than that of the Bronx. You know, we have woods, and farms ... fun stuff like that. Bronx is congested and filthy. It smells like a sewer. If I was from the Bronx, honestly the last thing I would bring up is odors, LOL.

You are comparing the Bronx (most impoverished area in the NY metro area) with NNJ (one of the wealthiest areas of the NY metro area). That is essentially like comparing one of those "boxes of wine" that you buy for $6 to a bottle of Dom Perignon.

(not that I'd expect you to know what a bottle of Dom Perignon is ... but I'm sure you get the jist)
The bronx is not smelly. Theres no part of the bronx that carries a stench like in your state. New jersey has a STENCH theres a difference. No part of the bronx has a stench. With all those factories i highly doubt that the air quality is better.

And the bronx has parks and beaches. Pelham bay is the biggest in the city. What are you saying?

I said the bronx was better and more cultural significant than any jersey city. And im right

Old 12-23-2009, 10:50 AM

5,251 posts, read 13,750,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
Your an idiot the yankees have been calling the bx home since the 1920's. Brooklyn and queens are more attractive because both are located near to central business districts in manhattan. Its more attractive than being connected to manhattan by way of harlem. And the bronx does have office spaces but its more of a commercial power

Your wimpy state parks have nothing on the bx zoo. A new york city marvel and the biggest metro zoo in America. And the bronx is fastly changing you'll be eating your words soon enough lol.

Worry about smelly burnt out washed out new jersey. The state where we take our trash out including the trash coming from The bronx. Not how much office space is getting distributed on this side of the hudson. Worry about the giant billion dollar air freshner your state is going to have to invest in

Say what you want about the bronx. Its not as bad as camden and those other burnt out cities in jersey
The Bronx suffers from high poverty rates.. NJ doesn't.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...onxpoverty.JPG

You honestly believe "wimpy" NJ worries about some Zoo in the Bronx? San Diego, Baltimore, and Orlando have bigger and better zoo's than the Bronx anyway, so why not argue that case to these cities.

New Jersey has boardwalks that top any boardwalk in NYC and on top of that NJ has Atlantic City which see's more tourist than the Bronx alone as a borough. New Jersey is also home to the worlds fastest and tallest roller coaster at it's very popular theme park, 6 flags which is, IMO, way better than the Bronx Zoo.
I also rather shop in NJ than the Bronx where sales tax is absent. And if you didn't know, Paramus, NJ is one of the largest shopping meccas in the country, with over $5 billion in annual retail sales, more than any other zipcode in the United States (a lot of it's success is because of the NYers hopping over the river to take advantage)

And as for the Yankee stadium, whoop de doo, I'm a yankee fan and I could care less where the stadium is located. The Giants and Jets play in Jersey, the bragging rights for that can go just as far.

NJ's cities such as Elizabeth and Jersey City are recognized as "green" cities, something I havn't seen the roachy bronx ever get recognized for. Calling out the smelly region of NJ, which is merely a 3 mile stretch along the turnpike, is weak and overplayed and that specific area is very easy to avoid. (and it's not like Staten Island, NYC is any better) It simply doesn't help boost your argument. BTW, Bronx Pollution: Info about DEC list of Inactive Hazardous Waste Sites & Curbed NY: UES Has Most Polluted Air, Two Bronx Nabes Roach-Infested (http://curbed.com/archives/2009/12/15/ues_has_most_polluted_air_two_bronx_nabes_roachinf ested.php - broken link) (NJ's air pollution manages to stay very clean for the majority of the state)

Old 12-23-2009, 10:55 AM

Quote:
The bronx is not smelly. Theres no part of the bronx that carries a stench like in your state. New jersey has a STENCH theres a difference. No part of the bronx has a stench. With all those factories i highly doubt that the air quality is better.

And the bronx has parks and beaches. Pelham bay is the biggest in the city. What are you saying?

I said the bronx was better and more cultural significant than any jersey city. And im right
Do some research on the air quality in the Bronx, versus the air quality in NJ. Please.

But most importantly...START A BRONX VS NJ THREAD, OR STOP POSTING ABOUT THE BRONX IN THIS THREAD.

Third time I've asked. You are the only one to keep bringing up the Bronx ... so start a Bronx versus NJ thread, or a Bronx versus Long Island thread.

Old 12-23-2009, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyc_37 View Post
Do some research on the air quality in the Bronx, versus the air quality in NJ. Please.

But most importantly...START A BRONX VS NJ THREAD, OR STOP POSTING ABOUT THE BRONX IN THIS THREAD.

Third time I've asked. You are the only one to keep bringing up the Bronx ... so start a Bronx versus NJ thread, or a Bronx versus Long Island thread.
Hell why not keep it fair, starting a NNJ VS BX thread would still manage to put a frown on K.O.N.Y's face.

Old 12-23-2009, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Hell why not keep it fair, starting a NNJ VS BX thread would still manage to put a frown on K.O.N.Y's face.
I know, I think the reason he is not starting that thread, is that deep down he knows the Bronx would lose, and pretty badly.

Old 12-23-2009, 11:08 AM

3,003 posts, read 6,063,528 times
Quote:
The Bronx suffers from high poverty rates.. NJ doesn't.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...onxpoverty.JPG

You honestly believe "wimpy" NJ worries about some Zoo in the Bronx? San Diego, Baltimore, and Orlando have bigger and better zoo's than the Bronx anyway, so why not argue that case to these cities.

New Jersey has boardwalks that top any boardwalk in NYC and on top of that NJ has Atlantic City which see's more tourist than the Bronx alone as a borough. New Jersey is also home to the worlds fastest and tallest roller coaster at it's very popular theme park, 6 flags which is, IMO, way better than the Bronx Zoo.
I also rather shop in NJ than the Bronx where sales tax is absent. And if you didn't know, Paramus, NJ is one of the largest shopping meccas in the country, with over $5 billion in annual retail sales, more than any other zipcode in the United States (a lot of it's success is because of the NYers hopping over the river to take advantage)

And as for the Yankee stadium, whoop de doo, I'm a yankee fan and I could care less where the stadium is located. The Giants and Jets play in Jersey, the bragging rights for that can go just as far.

NJ's cities such as Elizabeth and Jersey City are recognized as "green" cities, something I havn't seen the dumpy bronx ever get recognized for. Calling out the smelly region of NJ, whch is merely a 3 mile stretch along the turnpike, is weak and overplayed and that specific area is very easy to avoid. It simply doesn't help boost your argument. BTW, Bronx Pollution: Info about DEC list of Inactive Hazardous Waste Sites & Curbed NY: UES Has Most Polluted Air, Two Bronx Nabes Roach-Infested (http://curbed.com/archives/2009/12/15/ues_has_most_polluted_air_two_bronx_nabes_roachinf ested.php - broken link) (NJ's air pollution manages to stay very clean for the majority of the state)
Wow how many people around the world knows about the fake almost-but-not-quite las vegas in jersey. Atlantic city has problems of its own along with almost every other city in your state. Wasnt camden the murder capitol a year ago or something? Jersy talking about dirty,pollution,crime etc is hilarious. All of your cities are worse than the bronx. Your state is known for smelling, notice i said state. The bronx is just a lil county, your state is known for pollution and nasty oil refineries stinking up the air

New yorkers gotta deal with that everytime we decide to other states. The smell is horrible.

The bronx is the greenest borough with the most parks, including the biggest park in the city

Dont know how many tourist atlantic city gets but im sure the combination of bronx zoo,yankees,ny botanical etc can hold its own

And dont embarrass yourself saying six flags is more impressive than a world class venue like the bronx zoo. Are there any world class venues lie that in jersey?

And the yankees being the most historic most recognized team in american sports is the only reason im mentioning them, had the mets been playing here i would have left it alone. And no the giants cant go that far. First off they represent my city to begin with

And about the zoos. Worry about nj, dont worry about san diegos or baltimores. The bronx zoo is a top ten in the US and the biggest metropolitan zoo in the US. People care lol

Old 12-23-2009, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Wow how many people around the world knows about the fake almost-but-not-quite las vegas in jersey. Atlantic city has problems of its own along with almost every other city in your state. Wasnt camden the murder capitol a year ago or something? Jersy talking about dirty,pollution,crime etc is hilarious. All of your cities are worse than the bronx. Your state is known for smelling, notice i said state. The bronx is just a lil county, your state is known for pollution and nasty oil refineries stinking up the air

New yorkers gotta deal with that everytime we decide to other states. The smell is horrible.

The bronx is the greenest borough with the most parks, including the biggest park in the city

Dont know how many tourist atlantic city gets but im sure the combination of bronx zoo,yankees,ny botanical etc can hold its own

And dont embarrass yourself saying six flags is more impressive than a world class venue like the bronx zoo. Are there any world class venues lie that in jersey?

And the yankees being the most historic most recognized team in american sports is the only reason im mentioning them, had the mets been playing here i would have left it alone. And no the giants cant go that far. First off they represent my city to begin with

And about the zoos. Worry about nj, dont worry about san diegos or baltimores. The bronx zoo is a top ten in the US and the biggest metropolitan zoo in the US. People care lol
-NJ has a 3 mile stretch of highway that smells.
-The Bronx is infested with cockroaches and poverty....

I guess NYers aren't so tough as they say they are if they can't deal with the smell that runs a lot of their city.

You can brag all about the attractions the Bronx has, but living there doesn't compare to the desirability of most people wanting to live in NJ.

I still rather go to Six flags.. They have a wild safari where you can drive around and view animals roam freely. So it offers what the Bronx zoo can AND more.

And Las Vegas doesn't have issues!? Even with that said, AC gained recognition of having the longest boardwalk in the nation, this is when LV was barely developed..

Old 12-23-2009, 11:30 AM

I love how people bring up "cities" in NJ like Camden. Camden has like 50,000 people, and it's a cesspool, that *nobody* goes to. NJ is a suburban state, and one of the safest in the nation at that. Speaking about it's "cities" is not a productive practice. NJ is overwhelmingly suburban.

Not one city in NJ has a crime rate as high as the worst precinct in the Bronx.

KONY, seriously, stop talking about the Bronx on this thread or I'll report you again for continuously going off-topic. Start the Bronx poll, and we can talk about the Bronx there.

Old 12-23-2009, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonthan437 View Post
Well, he said he is glad he is on the Western Bank of Hudson i.e. in New Jersey so what is the reason to even come to New York? Stay in New Jersey and enjoy it famous arts and culture
Right, so people are expected to stay where they live and not visit places? Oh.

So will you stay in New York City to enjoy the world famous beaches, and nice weather in February? Or will you head to the Carribean, or somewhere in California for a visit?

Sorry, you have to try harder here. Especially as a newbie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City