Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which City?
New York City 74 60.16%
San Francisco 49 39.84%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 04:49 PM

8,619 posts, read 10,146,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurous1 View Post
Vendetta against the great city of San Francisco? Me??????

I am not out to berate San Francisco, I am simply pointing out the fact than San Francisco will never, ever be on the same level as NYC. Other than that, I like it.
...and thank goodness for that. We only need one New York and one San Francisco.

BTW, NYC will also never be San Francisco.

Old 02-14-2009, 05:04 PM

1 posts, read 1,772,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
...and thank goodness for that. We only need one New York and one San Francisco.

k, you have a nice evening.

Old 02-14-2009, 05:13 PM

8,619 posts, read 10,146,663 times
Quote:
k, you have a nice evening.
Oh, I plan to.

You try to as well.

Old 02-14-2009, 08:12 PM

2,957 posts, read 6,475,069 times
Quote:
Please bore someone else with your insistent name dropping of these has-been names and the rehashed drivel that I could have easily read on one of your previous replies.

You have brought nothing new to the table; none of those celebrities live in SF, SF hasn't been a sports team in a decade and most importantly, SF is not a New York City contender.

Ciao!
LOL way to cop out, just like I knew you would! Now they're all has-beens again LMAO. Awesome defense mechanism. It only seems to bore you when I've presented strong enough evidence to the contrary of your claim, which creates a nice little side-step maneuver for ya, doesn't it? Lol you're funny.

Now its name dropping? How else would one respond to a claim of "no celebrities?" With a simple "yes we do?" You've already tried and failed to shoot that down. But you do make this entertaining.

You are correct though; San Francisco has never been a sports TEAM. Its a sports city, so thank you for clearing that up. I have no issue with whether or not you think SF competes with NYC. The majority of people will see it otherwise, regardless of which city wins whatever comparison. But trying to deny the existence of everything that actually does exist here is moronic and I will call you out on it.

I have absolutely no beef with anyone who prefers NY over SF. I don't even care if people hate SF. But if you're going to try and drag it down or demean it, use facts, not exaggerations or flat out lies. NYC should be able to hold its own without giving it such an unnecessary, unrealistic handicap.

Quote:
I am not out to berate San Francisco, I am simply pointing out the fact than San Francisco will never, ever be on the same level as NYC. Other than that, I like it.
You don't spend a whole lot of time in realm of truth, do you? Claiming it has absolutely NOTHING the way you have could not be berating it more. Again though, nice try.

That's all good if you don't think the two cities are on the same level. But you gave SF less credit than East St. Louis, claiming we have NOTHING here. Kind of an idiotic way to talk about a city that is a global destination. But then again, look who I'm dealing with.

Last edited by jman650; 02-14-2009 at 08:23 PM..

Old 02-14-2009, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rah View Post
eurous1 has made a point:

He has no idea what he's talking about, and has some sort of weird vendetta against San Francisco.

eurous1, any rational person has stopped taking you seriously a while ago...you're basically just making a fool of yourself now.
Exactly. Well-stated rah.

Old 02-14-2009, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newarkbomb View Post
Me preferably... NYC
It just has more to offer.

San Fran. It's beautiful but whatever kind of nightlife it has NYC has it better. Same goes for it's Museums and restaurants.
This sounds like a fair, open-minded assessment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dementor View Post
Hey poeple are you nuts? SF and NYC are the only inhabitable cities outside of endless suburbia and pretentiousness. You should be proud of each other. I am from New York but SF will always be my second home town. Enjoy it while it last. Sure, SF does not have the media exposure like NY, no other city has, but that does not change the fact that SF is an incredible place. If you from SF and NY you should appreciate the fact that there is another enlightened, progressive city in the country full of pretensiouss postindustrial monstrosities. Long live SF!

I am from Brooklyn by the way.
That was nice of you to say. You obviously don't have the same lame vendetta that eurous has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
I've always wanted to go to SF. Hopefully in the near future I can take a visit.

SF and Las Vegas are really the only cities that I wouldn't mind living in. It isn't as big with as much to do as NYC, but it seems like its nice in other and different ways.
I hope you make it out here one day, Rachael. Open-minded, friendly people are always welcome. Hopefully it lives up to your expectations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post

Agreed, and also a very good point.

Old 02-15-2009, 11:38 AM

1 posts, read 1,772,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman650 View Post
This sounds like a fair, open-minded assessment.

That was nice of you to say. You obviously don't have the same lame vendetta that eurous has.

I hope you make it out here one day, Rachael. Open-minded, friendly people are always welcome. Hopefully it lives up to your expectations.

Agreed, and also a very good point.
You've already lost the argument pages ago so I have absolutely no idea why you insist on replying to me.

Old 02-15-2009, 03:32 PM

Quote:
You've already lost the argument pages ago so I have absolutely no idea why you insist on replying to me.
LOL I believe you mistakenly quoted me while addressing yourself here! The argument between you and I was whether or not such things exist in SF, which I showed that they do. Way to bring further attention to the fact that you failed a ridiculous argument! LMAO

Old 02-15-2009, 08:37 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,537,438 times
compared to NYC, SF reminds me of philadelphia...

Old 03-03-2009, 11:54 PM

91 posts, read 434,274 times
SF is way prettier, NY is more fun.
both awesome places to be in!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City