Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is better?
New York City suburbs 57 49.14%
Chicagoland 59 50.86%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 12:02 PM

2,563 posts, read 3,628,153 times

Advertisements

[quote=JViello;7656639]Oh, you're one of those "everybody is a winner" people. Got it.

[quote]
And apparently you're one of those "condescending, everybody is inferior to NYC so I'm compelled to put them down so I can feel superior and wouldn't dare giving a compliment to another city for fear it may have a slight chance at being at the expense of NYC" people. Got it.

Last edited by BigLake; 02-27-2009 at 12:13 PM..

Old 02-27-2009, 12:05 PM

2,314 posts, read 4,798,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
Oh, you're one of those "everybody is a winner" people. Got it.

Last I checked whenever "vs." is in the subject line, it becomes a contest of merit.

Chicago is okay, but it's still very vanilla in comparison IMO. I simply can't ever imagine NYC having to "create a culture destination" the way many Chicago places have been. (*cough*Navy Pier*cough*)

But as far as burbs go, Chicago is the first vibrant example of sprawl in the United States. It's mind numbing. I long for a winding road or some kind of roadway outside of a grid whenever I'm there. Even some form of elevation change would make me jump for joy!

Then you have that whole weather thing. NYC is cold enough, I could never live in a Chicago climate. You not only have Arctic Winters, the Summer is stiffling as well.

I like Chicago over many U.S. cities, but when you put it up against the big dog...nope, sorry can't compete.
Well have fun looking at life like it's a competition

LOL at the "stiffling summers" comment. New York's summers are just as bad as Chicago's. If you can handle a summer in New York, Chicago's a piece of cake.

Old 02-27-2009, 12:31 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,111,983 times
There are far too many insults and replies directed at the member rather than the post in this thread. Here's what the TOS says about that sort of thing:

Quote:
Be civil, no personal attacks, flaming, or insults. We may attack ideas (politely) but we do not attack the speaker of the idea. Be careful with your words, there is a point where being direct crosses a line into blunt, in-your-face hostility. Please, report bad posts instead of engaging in flame wars on the boards. Insulting another member or a moderator will not be tolerated anywhere on this website. This includes Direct Messages and Reputation Comments.
Over 200 posts were deleted and even after that, there isn't enough substance left for the discussion to be considered a useful contribution to the City-Data community. Thread closed.

Do not start another thread on this topic in City vs. City before April 2009.

Last edited by Bo; 02-27-2009 at 12:51 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City