Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2009, 10:52 PM

11,327 posts, read 20,240,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
Well not to be a downer toward your major city list lol, but you do know Atlantic City only has about a 39,400+ population count
It's about 11 square miles mainly for tourist.
Really?

It feels bigger because of the towering hotels though lol.

Modified List:
These are just the cities (not smaller cities, towns, villages, etc.), Metros are included with the cities.

1. Orlando
2. Wildwood/Cape May/Atlantic City
3. Tampa
4. Los Angeles
5. Washington, D.C.
6. Virginia Beach
7. New Orleans
8. Philadelphia
9. New York City
10. Baltimore

I'm still visiting big cities and i'm supposed to go to Miami in the Winter (thank goodness ).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2009, 12:57 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,583,506 times
1) Los Angeles
2) Chicago
3) San Francisco
4) San Diego
5) Toronto
6) Miami
7) Atlanta
8) Dallas
9) Denver
10) Albquerque
11) Vancouver
12) Calgary

Houston gets Honorable Mention.

Old 08-30-2009, 01:10 PM

787 posts, read 1,688,440 times
1. NYC
2. Chicago
3. Minneapolis/St. Paul
4. D.C.
5. Philly
6. San Diego
7. San Francisco
8. Milwaukee
9. Denver
10. Santa Fe
11. Madison
12. Jersey City

Old 08-30-2009, 01:28 PM

976 posts, read 1,100,959 times
All these cities are BIg. Do they have to be?

Mine are, and in no particular order...

Greenville SC, Asheville NC, Dade City FL, Ponte Vedra Bch FL, Honolulu HI, Alpharetta GA, Austin TX, St Augustine FL, and a few big cities... Jax'ville FL, San Diego CA, Denver CO and Atlanta GA

Old 08-30-2009, 03:17 PM

23,298 posts, read 43,744,365 times
Seattle
Portland
San Francisco
Boston
Toronto
Montreal
Vancouver
Victoria
Savannah
Charleston
New Orleans
Austin

Old 08-30-2009, 04:16 PM

1,213 posts, read 3,595,075 times
1. San Francisco - the perfect combination of cosmopolitan big city energy and surrounding natural beauty. Overall, the most beautiful city in the US in my experience.

2. NYC - come on, it's NYC! what more do you need to know? There's absolutely no way to be bored here.

3. New Orleans - great food, architecture, history, culture, music - with other cities, you can say they remind you of this or that other city, but no other place in North America feels like New Orleans

4. Washington, DC - excellent public transportation, world class (free!) museums, thriving night scene, people from all over the world

5. Baltimore - okay, I'm a little biased because this is my hometown, but it's a great (and extremely underrated) city in its own right.

6. Boston - I've heard people call Boston the "San Francisco of the East Coast" or vice versa. Whether that's true or not, I love the compact nature of the city, the narrow European-esque streets, the amazing history, and the architecture.

7. Chicago - the most impressive skyline outside of NYC along with the best waterfront in North America.

8. Los Angeles - really doesn't get enough credit on this forum and that's a shame. The place has a world class selection of food, shopping, neighborhoods, and outdoor activities catering to almost every taste out there.

9. Seattle - gorgeous city and even better natural surroundings. I love the ferry system there. A true "food city" and some really cool neighborhoods too (Fremont, Ballard, Capitol Hill).

10. Philadelphia - the original national capitol and the second best city for history after Boston.

11. Las Vegas - I probably have more fun when I visit Vegas than I do anywhere else, other than New Orleans. The Strip really is just one big theme park and if you can let go of your "well, that's not authentic urbanity" pretensions, you'll probably have a great time in Vegas too!

12. Pittsburgh - a really underrated city that no one seems to talk about. Seriously, if you can, visit Pittsburgh. It's a beautiful city set right into the mountains and it has an old-time feel to it that's hard to find in the larger population centers.

Old 08-30-2009, 04:51 PM

793 posts, read 1,444,827 times
1. NYC
2. Boston
3. San Francisco
4. Montreal
5. Washington DC
6. Vancouver
7. Honolulu
8. New Orleans
9. Miami
10. Chicago
11. Baltimore
12. Atlanta

Old 08-30-2009, 05:16 PM

2,830 posts, read 4,557,147 times
1) Atlanta- my hometown......
2) DC...love the National mall
3) NYC
4) Miami
5) New Orleans
6) LA
7) Chicago
8) Houston
9) Cincinnati
10) Seattle

Those are my favorites!

Old 08-30-2009, 05:17 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,028,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggalo4lyfe92 View Post
1.detroit
2.detroit
3.detroit
4.detroit
5.detroit
6.detroit
7.detroit
8.detroit
9.detroit
10.detroit
11.detroit
12.detroit

yeahhhh!!!!!!!!
Top 12 most dangerous cities....??? lol

Old 08-30-2009, 05:24 PM

672 posts, read 1,781,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt345 View Post
1. San Francisco - the perfect combination of cosmopolitan big city energy and surrounding natural beauty. Overall, the most beautiful city in the US in my experience.

2. NYC - come on, it's NYC! what more do you need to know? There's absolutely no way to be bored here.

3. New Orleans - great food, architecture, history, culture, music - with other cities, you can say they remind you of this or that other city, but no other place in North America feels like New Orleans

4. Washington, DC - excellent public transportation, world class (free!) museums, thriving night scene, people from all over the world

5. Baltimore - okay, I'm a little biased because this is my hometown, but it's a great (and extremely underrated) city in its own right.

6. Boston - I've heard people call Boston the "San Francisco of the East Coast" or vice versa. Whether that's true or not, I love the compact nature of the city, the narrow European-esque streets, the amazing history, and the architecture.

7. Chicago - the most impressive skyline outside of NYC along with the best waterfront in North America.

8. Los Angeles - really doesn't get enough credit on this forum and that's a shame. The place has a world class selection of food, shopping, neighborhoods, and outdoor activities catering to almost every taste out there.

9. Seattle - gorgeous city and even better natural surroundings. I love the ferry system there. A true "food city" and some really cool neighborhoods too (Fremont, Ballard, Capitol Hill).

10. Philadelphia - the original national capitol and the second best city for history after Boston.

11. Las Vegas - I probably have more fun when I visit Vegas than I do anywhere else, other than New Orleans. The Strip really is just one big theme park and if you can let go of your "well, that's not authentic urbanity" pretensions, you'll probably have a great time in Vegas too!

12. Pittsburgh - a really underrated city that no one seems to talk about. Seriously, if you can, visit Pittsburgh. It's a beautiful city set right into the mountains and it has an old-time feel to it that's hard to find in the larger population centers.
Very good, well thought out list.

I might stick Vancouver, Montreal, and Toronto in there somewhere. But in terms of US cities, that's a good list.

I notice the TX and FL cities are left off, so you might get an argument from them though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City