U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: What is the "most stressed" region of the U.S.?
Northeast Corridor (DC, MD, NoVa, DE, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA, etc.) 135 78.95%
Southeast (FL, NC, LA, SC, GA, etc.) 10 5.85%
Midwest (IL, WI, OH, etc.) 14 8.19%
Southwest (TX, OK, AZ, NM, etc.) 0 0%
West (CA, WA, OR, ID, CO, etc) 12 7.02%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-17-2009, 05:44 AM
 
200 posts, read 572,344 times
Reputation: 88

Advertisements

Anyone want to give their opinion on the most stressed, shortest fused region?

I just moved to CT and gosh, people here are so stressed and in a rush. Even if they're going to the mall, they drive/walk/talk like they're 30 minutes late to wherever they're going!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-17-2009, 05:49 AM
 
Location: Houston Texas
2,898 posts, read 3,155,177 times
Reputation: 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle's Best 28 View Post
Anyone want to give their opinion on the most stressed, shortest fused region?

I just moved to CT and gosh, people here are so stressed and in a rush. Even if they're going to the mall, they drive/walk/talk like they're 30 minutes late to wherever they're going!
Northeast and California are very stressed out. People never just chill out and enjoy life in those regions. Work work work work same old thing day in and day out
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-17-2009, 06:02 AM
 
200 posts, read 572,344 times
Reputation: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
Northeast and California are very stressed out. People never just chill out and enjoy life in those regions. Work work work work same old thing day in and day out
I agree! Too many Type As! I like CT and all since it's beautiful but the people are in such a rush. My morning drive today prompted me to do this poll. People are about 1' from each other's bumper in heavy traffic. Where do they think they're going to go?!

I think it's life in general here. College, get a job, make lots of money is the goal in those areas and if you don't succeed, you move to Florida. No offense to Florida, it just seems like it's the way it goes.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-17-2009, 08:37 AM
 
Location: Concrete jungle where dreams are made of.
8,900 posts, read 14,432,989 times
Reputation: 1819
CT is a lot more laid back than downstate NY.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-17-2009, 09:00 AM
 
Location: Chicago, Illinois
3,047 posts, read 8,526,260 times
Reputation: 1375
I would have referenced Michigan in with the Midwest since they seem to be the state with the most turmoil out of any state in America!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-17-2009, 09:24 AM
 
Location: Villanova Pa.
4,927 posts, read 13,268,823 times
Reputation: 2678
California's incredible 70 year run is showing all kinds of stress.

The global economic meltdown is going to wallop the NYC region and its 20 million people, the effects are only in its infancy stage, it is going to get ugly for NYC.Many are already running for cover and putting added stress on once beautiful PA towns, thanks NYC for bringing in 1.5 million immigrants per decade for the last century.

The 2 biggest areas in my book

1.LA(overpopulation)
2.NYC(overpopulation)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-17-2009, 09:34 AM
 
Location: Jersey
2,746 posts, read 3,813,462 times
Reputation: 2522
The fast paced lifestyle that's prevalent in many areas of the Northeast isn't very stressful if you are used to the way of life up here. Personally, I found living in the South to be more stressful because of dealing with more ignorance and overt bigotry(I'm a Hindu).
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-17-2009, 09:54 AM
 
200 posts, read 572,344 times
Reputation: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
I would have referenced Michigan in with the Midwest since they seem to be the state with the most turmoil out of any state in America!
That's what "etc." is for.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-17-2009, 09:55 AM
 
200 posts, read 572,344 times
Reputation: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainrock View Post
California's incredible 70 year run is showing all kinds of stress.

The global economic meltdown is going to wallop the NYC region and its 20 million people, the effects are only in its infancy stage, it is going to get ugly for NYC.Many are already running for cover and putting added stress on once beautiful PA towns, thanks NYC for bringing in 1.5 million immigrants per decade for the last century.

The 2 biggest areas in my book

1.LA(overpopulation)
2.NYC(overpopulation)
Not with all these bailouts.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-17-2009, 09:56 AM
 
Location: Chicago, Illinois
3,047 posts, read 8,526,260 times
Reputation: 1375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle's Best 28 View Post
That's what "etc." is for.
I just find it telling that you listed 11 states for the choice that is actually leading this poll and then you didn't even include the most stressed state when it came to the Midwest category. Instead, you included a nice well to do state like Wisconsin. These types of things can influence the results. You listed the least amount of states for the Midwest out all of your choices.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top