Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where would you rather live?
Atlanta 93 66.43%
Detroit 47 33.57%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 12:20 AM

15,586 posts, read 27,597,919 times

Advertisements

Is this question serious?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2009, 01:12 AM

4,515 posts, read 9,695,114 times
I would live in Detroit.

Old 08-03-2009, 01:16 AM

8,180 posts, read 14,857,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
Is this question serious?
My thoughts exactly.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:07 AM

1,247 posts, read 3,861,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdw1084 View Post
You can't be serious? There's no way!!
Actually yeah, I was being serious.

Look, I've kinda grown to like blight. I mean, does it look like you have to impress anyone or be fancy in any way in those pictures? Heck no. In those areas, you can keep it real, and since they are so desolate, I doubt there is anyone there. It's basically like living in the country, except for less expensive. Heck, I could pull up pictures of houses that look almost identical to the last one in setting, and yes, they would be in the country. Also didn't see what was bad about the first picture, that could have just as easily been Atlanta or Houston in that picture, except the RenCenter easily gave it away. Maybe the second picture was bad, but really? If that sort of blight is all you're complaining about, then you should really just stay in your subdiburb because that picture is what the REAL WORLD looks like. Live with it.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:10 AM

1,247 posts, read 3,861,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdw1084 View Post
Don't let this guy bother you from Dayton. That's how Dayton is going to look soon enough with the lack of jobs and stagnant growth there. He obviously hates that Atlanta is doing so well and outgrowing the whole state of Ohio by itself.
What, Dayton's going to be wearing tacky orange overalls like you Atlantans are, LOL? I don't get what your point is here. If we are going to look as bad as Atlanta soon, then why the h*ll do you live there?

Old 08-03-2009, 08:15 AM

23,440 posts, read 44,050,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytonnatian View Post
What, Dayton's going to be wearing tacky orange overalls like you Atlantans are, LOL? I don't get what your point is here. If we are going to look as bad as Atlanta soon, then why the h*ll do you live there?
Orange overalls? LOL Where on earth are you going with this, Junior?

Old 08-03-2009, 08:43 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,515,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
Detroit v. Atlanta?

It's like asking, do you want to be dead on the outside or on the inside?
Thought provoking answer to a good question...can we pick a third????LOL.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:52 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,355,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytonnatian View Post
Also didn't see what was bad about the first picture, that could have just as easily been Atlanta or Houston in that picture, except the RenCenter easily gave it away. Maybe the second picture was bad, but really? If that sort of blight is all you're complaining about, then you should really just stay in your subdiburb because that picture is what the REAL WORLD looks like. Live with it.
This confirms that you have never been to Atlanta - or Houston.

And please speak for yourself on the blight reality. It may be what your world looks like, but it certainly is NOT the real world down here.

You live with it and enjoy it. Just keep it up there.

Old 08-03-2009, 10:18 AM

5,969 posts, read 9,555,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
This confirms that you have never been to Atlanta - or Houston.
Can you please explain? I do not understand your rational, if someone does not agree with you that means they have never visited? In my unbiased opinion I think that some of the Atlanta posters are trying to unfairly show the worst of Detroit while ignoring the good. How else can someone explain posting the picture of a house that has fallen in disrepair? Are homes like this not found in Atlanta? We all know that homes in horrible condition can be found in both cities.

Old 08-03-2009, 10:25 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,355,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
Can you please explain? I do not understand your rational, if someone does not agree with you that means they have never visited? In my unbiased opinion I think that some of the Atlanta posters are trying to unfairly show the worst of Detroit while ignoring the good. How else can someone explain posting the picture of a house that has fallen in disrepair? Are homes like this not found in Atlanta? We all know that homes in horrible condition can be found in both cities.
Easy. That level of decay and abandonment is simply not found here, whether you would like to think it is or not. It's called reality. I know you and many others on C-D that live in older cities see this sort of decay on a regular basis, so you've become used to it. This is one thing you will simply not find in Atlanta. Period.

Understand now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City