Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2023, 03:29 PM

325 posts, read 206,664 times

Advertisements

Tony Parker's house has to be up there in San Antonio.

I've always liked this one too.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2023, 03:36 PM

36,666 posts, read 67,609,529 times
this is the most expensive house currently for sale in my neighborhood--I really like the interiors.
https://www.estately.com/listings/in...dmont-ca-94611

Old 08-24-2023, 06:34 PM

1,059 posts, read 583,205 times
I seem to be only drawn by only “the best looking”, not most expensive, houses.

I love this house.

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...=srp-list-card

I know this neighborhood very, very well. The West Pasadena area is Old Money, Upper Class. This house is not too far from the famous Wrigley Rose Bowl house and Orange Grove “Millionaires’ condo”. I lived near here for 10 yrs and am on the market now of looking in the area again. I’ve been saying over the years if there’s a little piece of heaven on earth it’s in this side of Pasadena where you have Arroyo Seco canyon on one side, lush tree-lined leafy streets on the other side (Orange Grove), all the houses are tucked in, hedges up, the Colorado Bridge (think the movie La La Land dance.) is around the corner hugging the 134, but on this side it was so quiet, private and just residential and beautiful. Old Town Pasadena isn’t far, Norton Simon museum is 5 mins drive away. Rosebowl is another 5 mins drive away but you have all the serenity to yourself. 10 mins away driving to the other direction it is Caltech, Huntington Library, The Langham hôtel, San Marino and South Pasadena.-the corner of El Molina and Oak Knoll near the Langham hotel is another slice heaven on earth. So elegant, so sophisticated, so lush, so green and so private. Nobody can see the houses from the street-my favorite kind of residential area.

This house is so proportionally designed, aligned and symmetrical. Not over the top huge but big enough for the grandness. I love thé black and white checkered floor in the foyer, very French. I love thé staircases and the bathroom but don’t care so much about the living room and bedroom furniture (a bit random, too Pottery Barns.) and I’ll change the wallpaper. Love the French sink in one shower room and the garden, while not very big, is elegant and classic looking. Built in 1903, I ALWAYS love old houses with style, history and understated architectural integrity.

This is the kind of house that would appear in Nancy Meyers movies. Interestingly Nancy shot a handful of movies in Pasadena/San Marino areas (the Holiday, Father of the Bride.)-I love house po*ns.

Old 08-25-2023, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainsley1999 View Post

I love this house.

I know this neighborhood very, very well. The West Pasadena area is Old Money, Upper Class. This house is not too far from the famous Wrigley Rose Bowl house and Orange Grove “Millionaires’ condo”. I lived near here for 10 yrs and am on the market now of looking in the area again. I’ve been saying over the years if there’s a little piece of heaven on earth it’s in this side of Pasadena where you have Arroyo Seco canyon on one side, lush tree-lined leafy streets on the other side (Orange Grove), all the houses are tucked in, hedges up, the Colorado Bridge (think the movie La La Land dance.) is around the corner hugging the 134, but on this side it was so quiet, private and just residential and beautiful. Old Town Pasadena isn’t far, Norton Simon museum is 5 mins drive away. Rosebowl is another 5 mins drive away but you have all the serenity to yourself. 10 mins away driving to the other direction it is Caltech, Huntington Library, The Langham hôtel, San Marino and South Pasadena.-the corner of El Molina and Oak Knoll near the Langham hotel is another slice heaven on earth. So elegant, so sophisticated, so lush, so green and so private. Nobody can see the houses from the street-my favorite kind of residential area.

This house is so proportionally designed, aligned and symmetrical. Not over the top huge but big enough for the grandness. I love thé black and white checkered floor in the foyer, very French. I love thé staircases and the bathroom but don’t care so much about the living room and bedroom furniture (a bit random, too Pottery Barns.) and I’ll change the wallpaper. Love the French sink in one shower room and the garden, while not very big, is elegant and classic looking. Built in 1903, I ALWAYS love old houses with style, history and understated architectural integrity.

This is the kind of house that would appear in Nancy Meyers movies. Interestingly Nancy shot a handful of movies in Pasadena/San Marino areas (the Holiday, Father of the Bride.)-I love house po*ns.
absolutely love that house.

Old 08-25-2023, 02:47 PM

18,483 posts, read 15,279,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainsley1999 View Post

I love this house.

That house reminds me a little bit of a house in our neck of the woods in East Hampton, NY. It's at a major intersection, so everybody knows it. They refer to it as "the White House".

https://behindthehedges.com/east-ham...-new-year-too/

Old 08-26-2023, 06:11 AM

1,059 posts, read 583,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
That house reminds me a little bit of a house in our neck of the woods in East Hampton, NY. It's at a major intersection, so everybody knows it. They refer to it as "the White House".

Funny you said the White House. My daughter called this house “the big White House” when she was barely 1.5 yrs old. It was on our daily trip to Kidspace Museum near Rosebowl, even as a baby she was in awe of its beauty and grandness. It’s a very stately landmark quietly sitting on Orange Grove Road in Pasadena, built for the Wrigley family who donated this mansion to the Rosebowl annual Rose Parade Tournament in 1958. (Built in 1906, it’s now national landmark.)

In person viewing up close it looks even more beautiful.-really makes you appreciate an intelligent and stately architecture, and the importance of preserving history and holding a certain standard for aesthetics & design. Even babies and toddlers noticed the striking beauty and differences.

https://www.ihearthollywood.com/2019...igley.html?m=1 (The link is kind of lame but it’s a good show of the house and its interior.)

Old 08-26-2023, 08:56 AM

13,966 posts, read 24,196,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post

One can find tons houses that "look like" this one on the east coast.

Old 08-26-2023, 09:08 AM

13,966 posts, read 24,196,906 times
Not the most expensive or largest houses in Raleigh, but these are a few for sale that really have my heart.
https://www.estately.com/listings/in...leigh-nc-27605
https://www.estately.com/listings/in...gh-nc-27608--2
https://www.estately.com/listings/in...gh-nc-27608--1

Old 08-26-2023, 09:19 AM

18,483 posts, read 15,279,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
One can find tons houses that "look like" this one on the east coast.
True. There are a lot more older neighborhoods on the East Coast so yes, you will find more traditional looking homes here.

Reminds me of a line from the movie LA Story, where Steve Martin is giving a woman a tour of the houses in his Los Angeles neighborhood, and he says to her, "Some of these buildings are over 20 years old."

Old 08-26-2023, 11:19 AM

this house in the Bay Area was built as a replica of the White House of sorts, I only anecdotally see the resemblance, but whatever. Anyway, it recently sold for $38M

https://www.ktvu.com/news/white-hous...sold-for-38-9m
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City