Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2017, 10:04 AM

1 posts, read 1,269 times

Advertisements

I am in my mid 20s and work in a very high demand industry that would allow me to live in various cities for work. I am also fortunate in the sense that I will be making a decent salary (probably at six figures if I go to NYC) due to the field I picked and since I don't plan on living lavishly right off the bat and don't have a family, a high COL might not bother me as much.

What does mean a lot to me being in my 20s and even in my 30s is meeting people and as a young bachelor, dating and meeting women. One potential drawback to all of this is my ethnic appearance, although I was born and raised in Iowa, I am ethnically an Indian guy and I guess you can say that I am Indian like Kal Penn (Kumar from Harold and Kumar).

Even though I am 6'2 and have an athletic background (baseball and football in high school), I still look very Indian in regards to ethnic appearance which I am sure is going to be a massive setback in some areas.

While I never faced any setbacks for my race in regards to meeting women when I was in Iowa or Texas for school, I have heard about this Indian handicap in regards to dating American women. I found after looking into it that it actually seems to be the worst in big city liberal areas, have never heard anything good about being an Indian guy in NYC or even the northeast in general. I've even heard how Indian girls there opt to go for other races and avoid Indian men.

I have heard great things about being an Indian guy in Chicago, that a cool Kal Penn type of guy can easily date hot girls in that city. I've heard good things about Seattle too and had a great experience with this tall beautiful brunette from there.

As for Austin, I like it but I don't know if I can deal with the punishing Texas heat for long.

What city would be the best choice for me if that is what I am looking for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2017, 10:18 AM

8,869 posts, read 6,878,641 times
Seattle would be a good match, including a lack of Austin's heat and a sizeable Indian population. I'm not aware of cases where being Indian would be a drawback.

Old 02-26-2017, 12:52 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,488,714 times
Wow, another thread about an Indian guy who wants to date white chicks, surely this must be a coincidence

Old 02-26-2017, 02:27 PM

7 posts, read 6,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
Wow, another thread about an Indian guy who wants to date white chicks, surely this must be a coincidence
Go tell the mods, they'll shut it down for you, because you know it's just such a tragedy that an Indian man wants to seek advice about this sort of stuff.

Just censor it and shut it down, nothing wrong with it, go tell the mods about this travesty.

Old 02-26-2017, 03:03 PM

3,247 posts, read 9,053,731 times
New Orleans
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City