Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What Southern City has the most "Northern" Influence
Atlanta 135 47.20%
Charlotte 99 34.62%
Nashville 10 3.50%
New Orleans 33 11.54%
Birmingham 0 0%
Jacksonville 9 3.15%
Voters: 286. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 04:46 PM

20,514 posts, read 33,513,431 times

Advertisements

When I look at this. I don't see a slow paced unfashionable city.

Houston 1 (http://www.indmix.biz/album09/0127091/index2.html - broken link)
Houston 2 (http://www.indmix.biz/album09/011009/index.html - broken link)
Houston 3 (http://www.indmix.biz/album09/0110092/index.html - broken link)
Houston 4 (http://www.indmix.biz/album09/0214095/index.html - broken link)

I see the same styles like I would see in Chicago or Washington DC or *gasp* Atlanta. I don't see the type of city you people are talking about. I don't think jluke sees it. I don't think Angel713 sees it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2009, 04:51 PM

1,303 posts, read 2,093,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
When I look at this. I don't see a slow paced unfashionable city.

Houston 1 (http://www.indmix.biz/album09/0127091/index2.html - broken link)
Houston 2 (http://www.indmix.biz/album09/011009/index.html - broken link)
Houston 3 (http://www.indmix.biz/album09/0110092/index.html - broken link)
Houston 4 (http://www.indmix.biz/album09/0214095/index.html - broken link)

I see the same styles like I would see in Chicago or Washington DC or *gasp* Atlanta. I don't see the type of city you people are talking about. I don't think jluke sees it. I don't think Angel713 sees it.
OF course you three are the mian one on this forum that never agrees with anything that anyone puts out about atlanta More people on this forum go back and forth with you three than anyone else. I dont see the same fashion in Houston that i see in NYC starts them and they are passed down And i am totally laughing at those pictures they dont looking fashionable yeah they are dressed decent but not what i am used to seeing I was a fashion major my first 2 years of college i did an intern in NYC thats why i stayed there and what i know from being there and what i saw in Houston..... Houston is behind and Atlanta is a lil bit ahead

Old 02-22-2009, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantaATL View Post
OF course you three are the mian one on this forum that never agrees with anything that anyone puts out about atlanta More people on this forum go back and forth with you three than anyone else. I dont see the same fashion in Houston that i see in NYC starts them and they are passed down
copy and paste my posts when i put out anything against Atlanta. And sorry, I do see the same fashion in Houston that I see in NYC. I was in New York 2 weeks ago and in Houston 4 months ago. I don't see any difference whatsoever.

Old 02-22-2009, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Where were you in Houston and how long were you there. There isn't a difference between the two. The people in the hood are like every other city in the South and Midwest which is white t...baggy jeans..rees...with a fitted. That's the typical style you'll see and Atlanta is not exempt. Now you have the ones with money that will put those clothes together and believe me, you'll see this in Houston just as much if not more than Atlanta. So again I ask, where were you in Houston and how long were you there and when's the last time you been there? I also find it funny how you say New Orleans is also fashionable when they come to Houston AND SHOP to get some of clothes and style because those stores are not available in New Orleans.

I stayed in Houston for a week I was in the galleria mall when all this happened they kept asking me was i from NYC I said Atlanta which made me think that they didnt know what was in at the time. i was just in Houston in janurary right before MLK weekend. IM always in NYC at least twice a month so i know whats in and whats not.

Old 02-22-2009, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Is the people that moved to Atlanta that dress like people from the big 3 or is it the Atlantans themselves? Because there is a difference.

When I look at videos like this of Atlantans. I will tell you now that Houston is not any different.

Atlanta

As far as Dallas. Won't surprise me. Dallas is considered to be a bit more laid back and slow paced. Much more slower in pace than Houston. They still rock shags and wear leather shorts in Dallas. You will not see this in Houston. And the only reason why Wayne raps like he's from the east coast is because he jacked their style such as rapping like his idol, Jay Z.

Well you just said it which will make Atlanta more fashionable we didnt say you have to be a native or someone that moved in. Atlanta as a whole natives and people that have moved fromthe big 3 Atlanta is more fashionable and its getting more reconized every year. I agree some of these natives are a mess but All these northern people are going to have a influence on them and it will change look how lil wayne and T.I changed they used to were all those baggy clothes look at andree 3000 he has his on clothing line and own style. MOre than half of Atlanta isnt from Atlanta anymore there moving out and more northerners and west coast people are moving in.

Old 02-22-2009, 05:16 PM

Quote:
copy and paste my posts when i put out anything against Atlanta. And sorry, I do see the same fashion in Houston that I see in NYC. I was in New York 2 weeks ago and in Houston 4 months ago. I don't see any difference whatsoever.

I dont wanna make you swallow yourself please dont make me do it because i will pull up those old threads

Old 02-22-2009, 05:24 PM

Quote:
I stayed in Houston for a week I was in the galleria mall when all this happened they kept asking me was i from NYC I said Atlanta which made me think that they didnt know what was in at the time. i was just in Houston in janurary right before MLK weekend. IM always in NYC at least twice a month so i know whats in and whats not.
so you talk to a person or a group of people and you came to the conclusion that they speak for the entire city of Houston? That's generalizing at it's finest. It would be dumb to say that people in Atlanta are not fashionable if they didn't have what I was looking for.

Quote:
Well you just said it which will make Atlanta more fashionable we didnt say you have to be a native or someone that moved in. Atlanta as a whole natives and people that have moved fromthe big 3 Atlanta is more fashionable and its getting more reconized every year. I agree some of these natives are a mess but All these northern people are going to have a influence on them and it will change look how lil wayne and T.I changed they used to were all those baggy clothes look at andree 3000 he has his on clothing line and own style. MOre than half of Atlanta isnt from Atlanta anymore there moving out and more northerners and west coast people are moving in.
Take out the word Atlanta and insert Houston and guess what, you'll have the same story. In the Houston thread, many Houstonians know that the city has quickly changed because of the people that have moved there. You think Atlanta is the only city to see this happening. You don't think many people from the big three are moving to Houston? Houston receives a huge amount of Chicagoans, Los Angelenos, and San Franciscans. Also, what was the point of bringing up Lil Wayne? He's not from Atlanta and does not even live in Atlanta. But guess what. He DOES go to school at the University of Houston. You don't say.... I wonder where he got that "style" from by your logic.

Old 02-22-2009, 05:26 PM

Quote:
I dont wanna make you swallow yourself please dont make me do it because i will pull up those old threads
Do that. And when you do. Pull up the quotes when I actually corrected even many Texans in regards to Atlanta. Pull up the fact that another Atlanta resident south-to-west even calls me very objective and me not having any bias towards any city. In fact, I have not even demeaned or generalized the city and/or the people of Atlanta like you have towards the city and/or the people of Houston. So pull it up and be real about it.

Old 02-22-2009, 05:33 PM

2,057 posts, read 5,489,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdude View Post
1. Atlanta
2. Charlotte
3. Nashville
4. New Orleans
5. Birmingham
6. Jacksonville

just a little curious to see what Southern city has the most northern influence
Out of your list.... Atlanta

But out of every city in the south including the ones that are not on your list then it would be miami

Old 02-22-2009, 05:38 PM

259 posts, read 543,074 times
Houstan people dress nothing like people from Chicago...I can remember back in the early 2000's people in Chicago were rocking Old Navy and Gap Pea coats a lot and its just now within the last year or two I see people down here in this area wear them when it gets a bit chilly outside. For a min in Chicago it was a lil fad to pop the color on your polo up (before Kanye West started) As soon as Kanye West did it like a year later you have a lot of downsouth peopled doing it but when you see Atl people they don't seem to be too far behind as far as fads....Houstan=way behind or just completely lost..They definately don't dress like we do in Chicago
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City