Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2009, 12:09 PM

514 posts, read 764,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
Lincoln and Norman is from the old Big 8 conference and was huge then, but not so much now that OU and Nebraska are in different divisions in the Big 12.

However, Lincoln and Omaha is a good city rivalry

I grew up in Lincoln and it's still OU/Norman. They despise Boulder because they perceive it to be like Berkeley but that doesn't keep them from visiting in droves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2009, 03:20 PM

149 posts, read 411,692 times
Knoxville-Gainesville. UT-UF

Old 03-04-2009, 11:51 AM

4,836 posts, read 12,003,827 times
I am surprised no one has said Miami-New York or Miami-Orlando.
Miami-New York. What first comes to mind was those great Miami Heat Knicks Games! Hopefully they can meet in the playoffs again some day (if the Knicks ever make it) and it can be restarted that was the best Rivalry in the NBA and one of the best in sports for a few years. Its also because there are so many New Yorkers who live in Miami they love New York so much but yet live in Miami. There is a bit of rivalry between the two cites. Also look at the amount of travel between the two metro areas. Most amount of flights between Miami Metro and New York Metro than any other two cities pairs in the Country. The two cities are very connected.

Miami vs Orlando: Comes up in the Florida forums all the time which city is better, which city has more to offer etc.. Of course you know my answer. People in Miami dont like Orlando for many reasons vice-versa. There is even a big rivalry between the Miami International Airport and Orlando International. Thankfully Miami took back the title of being Florida Busiest airport this year.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

Old 03-04-2009, 12:22 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,940,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
I am surprised no one has said Miami-New York or Miami-Orlando.
Miami-New York. What first comes to mind was those great Miami Heat Knicks Games! Hopefully they can meet in the playoffs again some day (if the Knicks ever make it) and it can be restarted that was the best Rivalry in the NBA and one of the best in sports for a few years. Its also because there are so many New Yorkers who live in Miami they love New York so much but yet live in Miami. There is a bit of rivalry between the two cites. Also look at the amount of travel between the two metro areas. Most amount of flights between Miami Metro and New York Metro than any other two cities pairs in the Country. The two cities are very connected.

Miami vs Orlando: Comes up in the Florida forums all the time which city is better, which city has more to offer etc.. Of course you know my answer. People in Miami dont like Orlando for many reasons vice-versa. There is even a big rivalry between the Miami International Airport and Orlando International. Thankfully Miami took back the title of being Florida Busiest airport this year.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
I think OIA is the busiest airport, but Miami is the busiest airspace (Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood and Palm beach airports included).

Regardless, I don't know much about an Orlando-Miami rivalry.

In Orlando the big rivalry is always Orlando-Tampa, the "I-4 War".

I suppose Orlando also has a rivalry with Anaheim over the tourist and Disney.

Old 03-04-2009, 02:34 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,003,827 times
OIA was the busiest airport for a few years but ever since Delta has slowed down ops there alot and since less people are traveling to Orlando due to the bad economy etc.. Miami the pass six months has surpassed Orlando in Passenger Traffic. And of course if you add Miami two major airports together (3 if you include PBI) than it beats Orlando's two airports easy.

Old 03-04-2009, 07:33 PM

87 posts, read 186,193 times
Cool Rivalry

NEW YORK CITY vs. LOS ANGELES- definitely the largest rivalry.

NEW YORK CITY vs. CHICAGO- who can be more "northern"?

CHICAGO vs. HOUSTON- yes, this rivalry does exist.

etc. (no one really cares after that...)

Old 03-04-2009, 07:37 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,455,268 times
Pueblo and Colorado Springs has a major rivalry.

In fact the courts have ruled that the two cities can't be in the same district as they are inherently different cities. The Springs is republican and Pueblo is democratic. Also, right now there are 2 law suites in the federal court that each city has started over water issues.

Old 03-04-2009, 07:39 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,455,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3vault View Post
I think OIA is the busiest airport, but Miami is the busiest airspace (Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood and Palm beach airports included).

Regardless, I don't know much about an Orlando-Miami rivalry.

In Orlando the big rivalry is always Orlando-Tampa, the "I-4 War".

I suppose Orlando also has a rivalry with Anaheim over the tourist and Disney.
Orlando wins! Go Mickey......

Old 03-04-2009, 08:33 PM

162 posts, read 631,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
Pueblo and Colorado Springs has a major rivalry.

In fact the courts have ruled that the two cities can't be in the same district as they are inherently different cities. The Springs is republican and Pueblo is democratic. Also, right now there are 2 law suites in the federal court that each city has started over water issues.
Joseeeppie got great pts there, yet both cities in fight over major pipeline from our lake pueblo to huge devlopment in colorado springs!

Pueblo County Commissioner Jeff Chostner accused Colorado Springs of “rapacious” growth during which it “lost its soul.”
From Colorado Springs Newpaper.

“The reality of the situation is that while property is transferred and people are removed from their homes, why do we bear the burden here without the benefit?” From Jeff Chostners
From Pueblo Newspaper.

To me: Colorado Springs to way over grew in some parts of city, and their city founder help us pueblo to get on the map!

Old 03-04-2009, 08:39 PM

162 posts, read 631,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hype View Post
NEW YORK CITY vs. LOS ANGELES- definitely the largest rivalry.

NEW YORK CITY vs. CHICAGO- who can be more "northern"?

CHICAGO vs. HOUSTON- yes, this rivalry does exist.

etc. (no one really cares after that...)
NYC vs. LA: NYC wins by land side!

NYC vs. Chicago: both tied because both great cities!

Chicago vs. Houston: Chicago wins by major land side!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City