Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 09:44 AM

8,900 posts, read 15,937,156 times

Advertisements

I think it's moreso that people are jealous of other people that LIVE in certain cities. I've seen that happen numerous times with myself and others (in and outside of where I live). I've had grown adults tell me they wish they lived in the NYC area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2009, 09:55 AM

12,262 posts, read 24,459,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Your comparing the whole state of Colorado to cities?? Ok, lets compare it to Texas.
Not a fair comparison, for Texas anyway! That is why you have all the Texans coming to Colorado to ski and buy cabins in our mountains.....

Old 03-10-2009, 10:09 AM

2,598 posts, read 4,926,224 times
I'm not jealous of big cities. If I had to choose one, I would choose Chicago - it's close to family, I have family there, and I love it (to visit). I'm a fan of smaller and mid-sized cities, that are within a couple hours of larger cities. I don't want to be any closer than that - population density seems to be loved by most on this forum, but I like some space (especially after visiting or working (business travel) in a big city).

Old 03-10-2009, 10:28 AM

2,138 posts, read 6,319,932 times
The idea of being jealous of a city is stupid (unless it's a city abroad that you simply can't move to). If you like a city so much, then move there!

Old 03-10-2009, 11:45 AM

8,980 posts, read 17,288,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Yeah, I don't understand why anyone would be jealous of a city. I've always wanted to visit New York City, but I'm not jealous of it. However, I do hate how Florida and California got disney world and Texas didn't.
Agreed; there are many places, NYC included, I would like to visit. Beyond that, I don't care about NYC. In fact, the only time I think about NYC is when one of the sports teams in playing against a team I like or on tv in general.

There are more than a few posters on this forum from NYC who are convinced NYC is the center of the universe and that everyone nationwide fantasizes about moving to NYC; but that is not the case. When my buddies from Chicago (who are the same way) ask me why I don't live in Chicago and oogle over it like they do; my response perplexes them. I ask them what they think of Indianapolis. I usually get an indifferent shrug. I say "that is how I feel about Chicago." Insert NYC and it still applies.

Old 03-10-2009, 11:48 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,364,203 times
^Excellent post!

Old 03-10-2009, 11:57 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,771,362 times
The mythological city of El Dorado is what I'm jealous of.

Maybe Atlantis.

Old 03-10-2009, 12:09 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,459,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
The mythological city of El Dorado is what I'm jealous of.

Maybe Atlantis.
If we are talking fantasy/ science fiction I am jealous of the cities in star trek! I wish I lived in the 24th century...

Old 03-10-2009, 01:17 PM

23,462 posts, read 44,083,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
If we are talking fantasy/ science fiction I am jealous of the cities in star trek! I wish I lived in the 24th century...
I like that city on Naboo that Princess Amidala lived in. That was gorgeous.

Old 03-10-2009, 03:55 PM

2,963 posts, read 5,451,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
I think it's moreso that people are jealous of other people that LIVE in certain cities. I've seen that happen numerous times with myself and others (in and outside of where I live). I've had grown adults tell me they wish they lived in the NYC area.
I just remember a conversation I had with a friend of mine years ago on the way to work. I told him I remember wanting as a child to be this very person, on a subway escalator in the middle of a bustling metropolis, suitcase in hand, people darting every which way, very cosmopolitan. I remember saying this on reflection that it was just a life after all and nothing more, and, especially mine, absolutely nothing to be jealous of. It was a very pensive day at the office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City