Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 07:23 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,937,156 times

Advertisements

^^I really don't see the point in bragging about how dangerous your city is. I'd find that embarrassing, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 07:36 PM

1,124 posts, read 3,593,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
^^I really don't see the point in bragging about how dangerous your city is. I'd find that embarrassing, lol.
You're right, it is a negative thing... at least to most. Take a look at the posts from New Yorker's on the Which City Deliver's The Best Rappers thread, you'll see what i'm talking about (even some of your own posts).

Old 08-25-2009, 07:37 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,937,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronstlcards View Post
You're right, it is a negative thing... at least to most. Take a look at the posts from New Yorker's on the Which City Deliver's The Best Rappers thread, you'll see what i'm talking about (even some of your own posts).

I was just saying that I'm not a lily white girl that has no street smarts. I wasn't trying to brag about being from a big, bad, tough area, lol.

Old 08-25-2009, 09:07 PM

155 posts, read 380,801 times
I love VA beach, very nice area.

Old 08-25-2009, 09:25 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,817,095 times
Hackensack!
A city in motion.. or at least that's what it says on the Welcome sign.

I'm moving out when I graduate after this year, but it was a nice place to grow up.. It is EXTREMELY diverse, it was never a safe nor dangerous boring town, and there was always something to do with friends all over the place... I'm going to miss this place, but I'm not hesitant to leave at the same time.

Old 08-26-2009, 10:36 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Let's see...

10 minutes to the pacific ocean
3 hours to San Francisco
3 hours to Los Angeles
We have working cattle ranches, farms, co ops and then you can drive 15 minutes and be in the middle of downtown.
One of the most well known Farmers Markets in the Western states
Mild weather all year round, but we can surf, then go snowboarding in the same day.
Excellent university (Cal Poly) and one of the best community colleges in the western states.

I could go on, but I'll stop there I live in San Luis Obispo, CA.

Old 08-26-2009, 11:22 AM

532 posts, read 1,270,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronstlcards View Post
Just waiting for the New Yorker's to come in here and "brag" about how dangerous New York is.
Dangerous? Did "Escape from NY" play on late night TV last night or something?

Old 08-26-2009, 12:11 PM

532 posts, read 1,270,314 times
Babylon Village: Long Island NY

How many places can you be walking on the beach with your dog and an hour later be in an office on top of a Manhattan skyscraper? A vibrant walkable downtown with no chain stores, just great restaurants, shops and a quaint movie theater. Free movies on Tuesdays!

Schools are excellent. Lemonade stands, icecream trucks, kids playing outside. It reminds me of the 50's or early 60's. 6 miles from Fire Island and some of the best beaches in the US, yes, better than Florida or California beaches. An express train gets you to work in the city in 51 minutes. If you miss your train no wories, another will be along in 10 or 15 minutes during peak. Spring, summer and falls festivals where they close off the streets downtown, very Norman Rockwell.

Tough decisions to make every weekend. Go see a broadway play or lay on the beach, read a book and watch the kids surf Gilgo beach? And most importantly, the garbage men are excellent! Trash pick-up 3 times a week, they even go into your side yard to pick up your trash cans, no need to bring to the curb!

I will end my blathering brag fest with one truth that cannot be disputed. Captain Kangaroo is from Babylon Village, enough said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City