Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which state would you rather live in?
New Jersey 73 57.48%
South Carolina 54 42.52%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 05:17 PM

2,057 posts, read 5,490,725 times

Advertisements

^ I am sure that you are in this thread complaining that you don't like Northerners

Why do northerners say the south doesn't have culture?

Bye ya'll

Old 04-26-2009, 05:21 PM

1,734 posts, read 5,687,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
Yeah, it is what it is in your opinion.

The reason why you are so nonchalant about this is because it has not happened to you yet

I hope that you walk into work tomorrow and you are told by your supervisor "you are going to move to _________ if you would like to keep your job". You can fill in that blank with any city that you hate. For a small joke and a little bit of irony I hope that it is NJ. I know that you don't like NJ so maybe you can get a little taste of what other Americans are going through including myself.

I am not sure your situation.... retired? kids? age?

If you are retired then I hope that it happens to one of your kids. Then maybe you will have a little more sympathy for the other Americans that are being forced to live somehwere they dont want to be
Right now I am semi-retired from managing my own business. My sister now lives in Arizona because she was upper level in a company that was formerly based in New Orleans but moved there after the Big K. And what does she say..."It's not that big of a deal". Sure, she'd love to be closer to home and to our mother but it's life, and that's the way the cookie crumbles and so forth. As far as the lifestyle changes, she misses those good old southern rainstorms, but she also likes that the sun is almost always out where she is now.

Also, thanks for getting personal and wishing things you percieve as negative on my family members. I could probably report you for that, but I'm a generally nice guy and I think we should be able to deal with our own problems.

All places (even good old NJ) have their good and bad, but it's all about personal opinion and what you're willing to make out of it. Could I live in NJ, probably. Would I want to, no. That's just me, I don't care for the atmosphere, and my experiences there have not been so good.

Best of luck to you in "horrible" South Carolina. I mean, surely your company could have sent you someplace better, like Mumbai or something.

Old 04-27-2009, 07:08 AM

2,904 posts, read 6,915,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newarkbomb View Post
The population density in NJ has to do with NYC and Philly on each border.. NJ wasn't as crowded as it is now back in the 40s and 50s... Newark, JC, and Paterson is where most Jerseyians lived due to Ellis Island immigrants, the other burbs were very sparse in population. People escaping NYC and Philly went to Jersey.. more and more came and now it's the most densely populated state in the country.
It started off as if you had the money, here I come Jersey. Therefore schools were top-notch, industried were the best in the country, and NJ was the best place to take imports from all over the world. It was a great place for people to make a living.
NJ's growth is interesting... SC's growth today... "it's cold, let's retire south for warmer and cheaper living" .. that's what's so amazing?

NJ has better schools, better businesses, more ammenities, wider diversity, and LESS CRIME.. just because you pick out a few Jersey Cities as really dangerous doesn't make the state really dangerous
Most Dangerous States, 2007 — Infoplease.com

look at SC's ranking compared to NJ's... pathetic
Don't you realize the exact same bolded argument applies to South Carolina? We may have a higher crime rate than NJ but when you take out a few dangerous cities and small towns the state isn't dangerous at all. My hometown, North Charleston for instance, continuously drags the state down in crime rankings. But not even all of N. Chas is dangerous. Take out the poorest most ghetto areas and the city isn't so bad. My point is that any place on Earth can have high crime statistically from a few pockets here and there.

I see you've drunk your cool-aid when it comes to the suburbanization of NJ. You really think it was like that across the board? But what you fail to mention is that really people moved to NJ back then for the same reason people move to SC now. To make life better for themselves. NJ had a lower cost of living back then and wide open spaces which drew people from the major cities. Sound familiar?

Old 05-05-2009, 02:09 PM

1 posts, read 1,381 times
This may not be in line with the poll,but much of what I have read here isn't. I would like to hear from some relocated New Jerseyans living in South Carolina on the subject of how they like life in their new home compared to living in New Jersey. I am thinking of retiring to South Carolina in the very near future.

Can you get Taylor Ham there? lol

Old 05-05-2009, 05:11 PM

125 posts, read 394,445 times
NJ plenty of things to do, better jobs, culture etc... and Im from SC.

Old 05-05-2009, 10:15 PM

83 posts, read 195,096 times
o god this thread got bought up again hahaha south carolina your defeat here is worse then a black fo-hawked crosseyed retarded midget homosexual replacing rosa parks. No disrespect but im just saying NJ is .....much better. peace, love and the tri state area.

Old 05-06-2009, 02:34 PM

114 posts, read 546,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedcorn View Post
^^^hallelujah holla back. you south carolinians might want to take some notes. We got diners and public transportation you got confederate flags and the highest rate of stroke deaths in the nation.
How could you even say that south Carolina is confederate. yes it was a stupid war and the confederates were idiots but they have changed and now the south is just as american as the north. it is un-american to say that jokingly or not!!!

Old 05-06-2009, 02:39 PM

2,057 posts, read 5,490,725 times
Quote:
o god this thread got bought up again hahaha south carolina your defeat here is worse then a black fo-hawked crosseyed retarded midget homosexual replacing rosa parks. No disrespect but im just saying NJ is .....much better. peace, love and the tri state area.
i would rather talk to a retarded, crackhead over someone from south carolina. lol

Last edited by NYC1DAY; 05-06-2009 at 02:48 PM..

Old 05-06-2009, 04:04 PM

1,734 posts, read 5,687,679 times
Quote:
WOW!...All I can say is that I feel sorry for whatever school system produced whoever wrote this.

Old 05-06-2009, 05:03 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
NJ plenty of things to do, better jobs, culture etc... and Im from SC.
More to do in NJ than SC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City