Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What city would you most like to live in? Why?
Boston 60 10.15%
Chicago 96 16.24%
Dallas 47 7.95%
Houston 46 7.78%
Las Vegas 40 6.77%
Los Angeles 65 11.00%
Miami 28 4.74%
New York City 66 11.17%
Phoenix 28 4.74%
Philly 64 10.83%
San Fran 51 8.63%
Voters: 591. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 07:10 PM

1,694 posts, read 5,681,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjRey View Post
SF is soooo overrated. On the other hand, the rest of the greater Bay Area(South Bay, East Bay, North Bay) are great though.. SF is way to expensive, weather is not good in the summer, boring after a month(You can do everything there is to do in SF in about 11 days!). Radical liberal attitudes that make even normal liberals wanna puke!. SF is diverse in a way. But when I was in Houston last month, I found it had just as much diversity than SF did..Latinos,Blacks,Whites, Asian, European, etc...I would take NYC, or Boston over SF anyday, I truly love the East Coast, But i think Houston is a good look if you want to live in a cool affordable city. And NYC and Boston, are not in your price range. Just my opinion.
Have you ever lived in SF? I spent 18 years growing up there before ever moving and every year I found new stuff to do in the city and always found/discovered new parts/new things to do in the city. Its only overrated by certain people who cant stand brushing some crazies off there shoulder as they walk by but to each his own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2010, 07:17 AM

222 posts, read 578,966 times
I go to cities strictly for the entertainment Value and Tell me what city (accept T.O) can hope to compare to the NY sizzle on this list. Only T.O to me even comes close NYC is the best then i would go with Chicago strictly because it is also a city a real city.
Now these are the rest in order
LA
Vegas
Philly
Phoenix
Miami
Boston
Houston
and Sf last.
I say Nyc hands down cause it has everything in it.

Old 07-28-2010, 09:20 AM

12 posts, read 9,827 times
Houston, Dallas, LA, SF and Chicago are the only cities on that list I would ever consider... can't decide which I like the best though. They are all great.

Old 07-28-2010, 09:22 AM

10,138 posts, read 16,047,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockybalboa87 View Post
Houston, Dallas, LA, SF and Chicago are the only cities on that list I would ever consider... can't decide which I like the best though. They are all great.
That is exactly my list too. Nice call.

Old 07-28-2010, 11:48 AM
MxL

92 posts, read 509,961 times
I would say it would be between Chicago or Dallas for me, with Houston in third place. My wife and I are actually trying to decide whether to move to Chicago or Dallas right now! Chicago is in the lead for us now because it's a 4.5 hr drive from our families and friends, but Dallas has such an attractive cost of living. Hard to decide.

Old 07-28-2010, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxL View Post
I would say it would be between Chicago or Dallas for me, with Houston in third place. My wife and I are actually trying to decide whether to move to Chicago or Dallas right now! Chicago is in the lead for us now because it's a 4.5 hr drive from our families and friends, but Dallas has such an attractive cost of living. Hard to decide.
Economically- Dallas & Houston

Remarkable city experience- Chicago

Depends which one you find more attractive.

Old 07-28-2010, 02:06 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,186,106 times
IMO, if it was between Chicago and Dallas I would choose Chi-Town without thinking twice.

Old 07-28-2010, 02:26 PM

6,625 posts, read 14,459,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
IMO, if it was between Chicago and Dallas I would choose Chi-Town without thinking twice.
I think that's what most people would do. Chicago is on a totally different level than Dallas. Easily a top 5 city in the country...and to many people it's top two or three.

Old 07-28-2010, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac9wr View Post
I think that's what most people would do. Chicago is on a totally different level than Dallas. Easily a top 5 city in the country...and to many people it's top two or three.
Most people would go where they can get a job first to support themselves.

What good is Paris if you can't afford to live there because you are unemployed and have taxes to pay? A city isn't just a city, it's where you can live, work, & play.

But agreed, Chicago is top three, at least in my opinion it is.

Old 07-28-2010, 03:30 PM

6,625 posts, read 14,459,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome Danny Scraper View Post
Most people would go where they can get a job first to support themselves.

What good is Paris if you can't afford to live there because you are unemployed and have taxes to pay? A city isn't just a city, it's where you can live, work, & play.

But agreed, Chicago is top three, at least in my opinion it is.
Oh absolutely...but that's the thing: I don't necessarily think Dallas is growing because it's a great city, I think it's mainly because it's cheap and there are great job opportunities there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City