Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2009, 03:41 PM

2,057 posts, read 5,490,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Springs Rep. View Post
Nope. It's just kind of silly when white people get all up in arms about reverse racism, though. Sure, it exists, but it doesn't really matter....
Have you ever heard of the something called The Holocaust during WW2, which killed around 6 million Jewish people?

What about Native Americans? My great grandparents are 100% Native American, but I am only 1/8. Now, I am classified as "white".

Also, now since I am "white", I have experienced racism from black people all of the time

So dont try to act like black people are the only ones that have experienced racism

Last edited by NYC1DAY; 03-03-2009 at 03:50 PM..

Old 03-03-2009, 04:11 PM

1,305 posts, read 3,489,551 times
Are you a racist if you like Nascar but hate Formula 1? Or like the 100 meter dash but hate the marathon?

Old 03-03-2009, 04:43 PM

1,734 posts, read 5,687,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newarkbomb View Post
I would pick Louisiana as #1
African-Americans here are quite racist.

Old 03-03-2009, 04:49 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,774,364 times
Default It's not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
My dad's friend/coworker is from Alabama. He said it's really bad there.
I'm from Alabama, and it is not that bad, although it still exist!

Old 03-03-2009, 05:35 PM

4,574 posts, read 7,500,035 times
I would totally say Louisiana, Nebraska, and probably Mississippi.

Old 03-03-2009, 05:53 PM

93,263 posts, read 123,898,066 times
I think the difference is institutional racism versus individual racism. That's what people here seem to be thinking of, but it goes beyond that. Then, you have to think and be honest about who that has and to some degree still effects. Like I say, everyone is prejudiced and anyone can be racist. I believe most people can get over the individual cases, but institutional instances are the ones that get people and that need to be fought.

Old 03-03-2009, 11:07 PM

1,734 posts, read 5,687,679 times
Thank you. Everybody has some sort of predjudice. Whether you are white and you don't like blacks or you're straight and you don't like gays...it's all basically the same thing.

An uber-liberal Atheist can not rightly call out a white person from Georgia who still uses the N word when that uber-liberal goes around blogging all sorts of negative messages about Christians or Conservatives.

We are all human.

Old 03-03-2009, 11:48 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,937,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
Have you ever heard of the something called The Holocaust during WW2, which killed around 6 million Jewish people?

What about Native Americans? My great grandparents are 100% Native American, but I am only 1/8. Now, I am classified as "white".

Also, now since I am "white", I have experienced racism from black people all of the time

So dont try to act like black people are the only ones that have experienced racism
I think he meant institutionalized. NEVER in the history of AMERICA have whites been VICTIMS of institutionalized racism at the hands of blacks as a whole. You're talking about the holocaust that happened in Germany and NOT in the US. And plus it was WHITE Germans who did it. And the Native Americans were killed by white settlers. You had some black soldiers who were following whites orders(some as slaves), But that's it. Now if you wanna talk about racist blacks then you got, Nation of Islam. Those brothas are super RACIST. And the DC snipers if im not mistaken were either part or got there inpiration from some sort of black supremecy thing. So basically im not saying blacks are the ONLY victims of racism, racism goe BOTH ways, there are ALOT of racist blacks. BUT basically im saying there has NEVER been institutionalized racism against whites by blacks in the US, that can RIVAL the institutionalized racism to blacks at the hands of whites that has been happening for HUNDREDS of years. Dont get me wrong Affermative Action CAN be messed up at times, BUT is nowhere NEAR comparable. A black person may say something negative to you but it wont matter as much as say a black person getting denied a job. It's been statiscally proven I think. Anyone offended by my post?

Old 03-03-2009, 11:56 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,381,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
LMAO Ludicrous is right. This post has GOT to be tongue-in-cheek...
No, dead serious. Absolutely RIGHT too...and don't you forget it either.

By the way, getting back on topic. I would say that the most racist states can be identified as those painted RED in the recent election. You have to admit that the list of states that went Republican last year are the least educated, most backwards places, comprising the most hardcore racist people in this country. So, collectively these states are the most racist.

Last edited by LexusNexus; 03-04-2009 at 12:17 AM..

Old 03-04-2009, 12:11 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,381,429 times
"Reverse" racism is about as ridiculous a concept as a "reverse" bowel movement.

But racist whites (which of course are not all whites) cling desperately to this farcical concept as the latest effort to put up some kind of argument, to stop or slow down PROGRESS. They are losing however. The world is becoming a less friendly place for the hoodless, stealth klansperson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City