Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 10:35 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,935,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9TheCityOfAngeles9 View Post
There are no zoe pound sets in Cali there might be some gang members from Zoe Pound but they have no hoods out in Cali
I agree they have NO power out there, I think they only moved out there to avoid the cops in FL, I know alot of members that moved to TX to avoid the Police. Im haitian also, so I know SOME members. Oh yeah they're more of a Haitian-American gang, most of the members were born in Haiti and raised here in the US and have assimilated, and have no Haitian accents, and there are non-haitian members also. MOST members have regular Black American accents, although there ARE some members who are recent arrivals from Haiti, who still havent assimilated yet, and still have accents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2009, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
Ummm Idk about this one, I think Chicago started modern gangbanging.
Naw I doubt it, MOST of the typical gang attire, and mannerisms that are common started in LA from OLD hispanic gangs, others have come from old black gangs. All that flag wearing started out in Cali. Lowrider culture, zoot suits, pachucos, cholos all that good stuff that you typically see started out in Cali. ALOT of that stuff is modern gangbanging.

Old 05-08-2009, 10:54 PM

2,242 posts, read 6,239,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Naw I doubt it, MOST of the typical gang attire, and mannerisms that are common started in LA from OLD hispanic gangs, others have come from old black gangs. All that flag wearing started out in Cali. Lowrider culture, zoot suits, pachucos, cholos all that good stuff that you typically see started out in Cali. ALOT of that stuff is modern gangbanging.
Chicago is the birthplace of the modern gangs.

Old 05-09-2009, 03:46 AM

163 posts, read 493,808 times
Quote:
I agree they have NO power out there, I think they only moved out there to avoid the cops in FL, I know alot of members that moved to TX to avoid the Police. Im haitian also, so I know SOME members. Oh yeah they're more of a Haitian-American gang, most of the members were born in Haiti and raised here in the US and have assimilated, and have no Haitian accents, and there are non-haitian members also. MOST members have regular Black American accents, although there ARE some members who are recent arrivals from Haiti, who still havent assimilated yet, and still have accents.
yes Haitian's are cut throat especially down there in Florida . i know a few haitians around here they are just like americans then i know 1 or 2 that you can tell their from Haiti . But i heard Zoe Pound is crazy down there in FLA . Are they the ones running the show down there ?

Old 05-09-2009, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9TheCityOfAngeles9 View Post
yes Haitian's are cut throat especially down there in Florida . i know a few haitians around here they are just like americans then i know 1 or 2 that you can tell their from Haiti . But i heard Zoe Pound is crazy down there in FLA . Are they the ones running the show down there ?
Sort of, it's basically alot of different haitian and american gangs down there. Zoe Pound is probably the most notorious of the haitian gangs, but I dont know if there running the show. In certain parts of Miami, Zoe Poun has control over, but diffirent areas have different gangs, battling it out. But there are MANY, MANY, MANY, different Haitian gangs in south florida other then zoe pound, some of them are affiliated with zoe pound, most others are just there own sets. There is Haitian Zulus, Zombie Boyz, SAP, Btown Boyz, Top 6, San Castle Boyz, Ace Clique, Monroe Heights boyz, Tru Haitian Boyz, E unit, 22ave boys, John Does, Vondas, Cloud9, Boobie Boyz, those are some of the gangs in south florida.

Old 05-09-2009, 03:20 PM

116 posts, read 364,794 times
Quote:
True. Chicago may not have many bloods and crips, but I did hear there are MS-13 in Chicago now, which is also an LA gang. But they probably dont have alot of power. The same way the black p stone dosent have much power in LA. And the same way there arent any bloods and crips in Chicago, there arent any Latin Kings, or GD's, in LA.
From what I've heard the Black P Stones started the bloods or had a very big part in the formation of the bloods

Old 05-09-2009, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax419 View Post
From what I've heard the Black P Stones started the bloods or had a very big part in the formation of the bloods
I heard something like that also, but I highly doubt it's true, if you look at most of the LA bloods none of the signs or insignia have anything to do with people nation gangs. You'll rarely see any P.Stone leading any blood sets or anything like that. If P.Stone DID help start it, they sure dont make it look like it, because I dont really see anything that would look as if a people nation gang like P.Stone would have started the bloods. If you look at P.Stone they formed ElRukin which is basically made up of a bunch of black muslims, it would seem hard to believe that an organization like that would help start one of the most violent and well-known gangs in LA and the US, a gang that is responsible for the deaths of many, many young black men. But it VERY well may be true, I heard the same thing from someone else, a guy named T Rodgers, but then again T Rodgers wasnt the leader of P.Stone, Jeff Fort was. So I dont know, I read on websites and movies and documentaries about the history of the bloods, and MOST if not ALL of them have NO mention of the P.Stones, or ANY chicago gang for that matter influencing the bloods. It usually says the same thing, that the bloods were formed from neighborhood sets who were constantly attacked by the growing crips, usually NOTHING about P.Stone or Chi-town. So if anything, the Crips are responsible for the bloods, because without the Crips there would be NO point in forming the Bloods form all those other neighborhood sets. So technically the Crips formed the Bloods. IMHO. Everyone should watch the documentary called Bastards of the Party, it is a documentary about the history of the bloods and crips, and how they originated. You can watch it on google video. So if ANYTHING the bloods and crips started from the Black Panthers(not purpously of course).

Old 05-10-2009, 03:53 AM

163 posts, read 493,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax419 View Post
P Stones didnt start bloods . Bloods started from Crips ..The first blood gang was a crip gang Piru St Crips . In the beginning everyone were crips but when Pirus got into it with the crips thats when the split began . P Stones came after that but they werent the ones who started bloods . P Stones joined the bloods .

Old 05-10-2009, 09:06 AM

2,242 posts, read 6,239,159 times
The B.P.Stones remained B.P.stones for a while in L.A. until they where absorbed into L.A. gang culture making them renegade stones, then eventually just another set of bloods

Old 05-10-2009, 12:16 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,310,221 times
ya, but if bloods and crips were to try to make it in chicago (which may never happen) they would also be absorbed by the gang culture. Bloods would be in alliance with bps and crips would ally themselves with GDN/BD

Last edited by mas23; 05-10-2009 at 12:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City