Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 03:58 PM

4,079 posts, read 10,390,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiMack View Post
well the fbi says the GD (chicago) are probably the most organized gang in the nation, they are run like the mafia, also illinois has 8-11 gang members oer 1,00o paeople...also in chicago there are no independent street dealers (i watched this on history channles gangland and the cops were talking bout this) everything goes through gangs, so if you wanna sell drugs in chicago you will be taxed by the gangs...gangs in chicago are very influent a gang leader was arrested for a mortgage fraud, like the Gangland episode about the Satan Disciples said they want their members to engage in free enterprise
this is not true always- I know people selling as I type who aren't affiliated with any gangs or getting taxed by any
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2009, 05:06 PM

341 posts, read 1,337,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noid_1985 View Post
this is not true always- I know people selling as I type who aren't affiliated with any gangs or getting taxed by any

In chicago??? I dont think so, if so I would love to know what part. ChiMack was right when he said that you cant sell drugs in Chicago unless you are in a gang, or you have gotten approval from a gang to sell. Chicago is very,very, very territorial. I feel sorry for anyone who tries to set up shop without geting the appropriate go ahead from that respective area's gang. Even if your in a gang that doesnt mean you have a free pass to do what you want or sell drugs. If the cheif says he wants you to be a look out or a runner, then lets just say you better not get caught on the corners doing hand to hand transactions. And the ones who sell drugs who are not in a gang might as well join because you will get taxed up to 40%-70% of your profits, plus you get no protection, which means the same dudes who are taxing you can come and rob you at anytime and there will be nothing you could do about it. On top of the fact that once rival gangs from nearby areas find out about what your doing, you will be "food" as they say. IMO no other city is as organized on a street level as Chicago, everybody has their niche that they fill, and you dont go outside that niche. If you do you will probably end up a statistic.

Old 03-04-2009, 06:17 PM

4,079 posts, read 10,390,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Virgo Child View Post
In chicago??? I dont think so, if so I would love to know what part. ChiMack was right when he said that you cant sell drugs in Chicago unless you are in a gang, or you have gotten approval from a gang to sell. Chicago is very,very, very territorial. I feel sorry for anyone who tries to set up shop without geting the appropriate go ahead from that respective area's gang. Even if your in a gang that doesnt mean you have a free pass to do what you want or sell drugs. If the cheif says he wants you to be a look out or a runner, then lets just say you better not get caught on the corners doing hand to hand transactions. And the ones who sell drugs who are not in a gang might as well join because you will get taxed up to 40%-70% of your profits, plus you get no protection, which means the same dudes who are taxing you can come and rob you at anytime and there will be nothing you could do about it. On top of the fact that once rival gangs from nearby areas find out about what your doing, you will be "food" as they say. IMO no other city is as organized on a street level as Chicago, everybody has their niche that they fill, and you dont go outside that niche. If you do you will probably end up a statistic.
I think I know what I'm talking about in the situations that I personally know on the Westside on blocks that really aren't claimed by any gangs. I respect opinions but the situation I know at hand is fact- not something off of TV. This situation maybe rare, but it happens

Old 03-04-2009, 06:20 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,925,927 times
Quote:
Dont get it twisted though, the media puts all the attention on gangs, but they shed little light on drug crews who IMO are just as bad as gangs. Cities like DC, Miami, Atlanta, Oakland among others dont really gang bang like LA or Chicago, but they have or have had notorious drug crews. The Boobie Boys from Miami, The Rayful Edmonds crew from DC, Felix Mitchell and the 69 Mob from Oakland, The Chambers Brothers from Detroit, Big Meech and the BMF crew from Atlanta and many more that never got publicity have sold more drugs, killed/injured/kidnapped more people than any individual set/deck of any gang from coast to coast. The Feds say that Rayful Edmonds in DC used to sell 1000 kilos of cocaine a week in the DMV area back in the early 90's, and they say that BMF made over $750 million in just 3 years selling cocaine from Atlanta. Now what blood, crip, GD, VL, or BPS set/deck has done anything close to that?
Good point. I know about Boobie Boys. In Miami it's boobie boys, john does, cloud nine, vondas, zoe pound. Zoe Pound is a certified gang more then a drug crew. The thing with Miami you have alot of GANGS that sort of act like drug cartels or crews. Zoe Pound is DEFINATELY a gang they go to other states and recruit.

Old 03-04-2009, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Hey you're that guy talkin bout setting up shop in Houston. HAHA LOL. Southwest Houston dont play that. LOL. Alief, Fondren, Gulfton.

Old 03-04-2009, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noid_1985 View Post
I think I know what I'm talking about in the situations that I personally know on the Westside on blocks that really aren't claimed by any gangs. I respect opinions but the situation I know at hand is fact- not something off of TV. This situation maybe rare, but it happens

You know what your right, I forgot about the Lost Souls, CAC, among others on the westside. But really those are just mobs/crews that were under the 5 or 6 but just broke off and did their own thing. And thats just on the westside. On the low end the Mickey Cobras have been trying to go independent for years now, but the higher ups wont let them. Mickey Cobras get bombed on more by other mobs under the 5 than the 6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Good point. I know about Boobie Boys. In Miami it's boobie boys, john does, cloud nine, vondas, zoe pound. Zoe Pound is a certified gang more then a drug crew. The thing with Miami you have alot of GANGS that sort of act like drug cartels or crews. Zoe Pound is DEFINATELY a gang they go to other states and recruit.
OK, didnt know that. Ive heard of Zoe Pound before though

Quote:
Hey you're that guy talkin bout setting up shop in Houston. HAHA LOL. Southwest Houston dont play that. LOL. Alief, Fondren, Gulfton.

LOL... Not me, I have some cousins that moved there and got it popping. And Im not going there about Houston, the "H-town crew" will be in here in 10 seconds flat!

Old 03-04-2009, 07:49 PM

Quote:
You know what your right, I forgot about the Lost Souls, CAC, among others on the westside. But really those are just mobs/crews that were under the 5 or 6 but just broke off and did their own thing. And thats just on the westside. On the low end the Mickey Cobras have been trying to go independent for years now, but the higher ups wont let them. Mickey Cobras get bombed on more by other mobs under the 5 than the 6.

OK, didnt know that. Ive heard of Zoe Pound before though

LOL... Not me, I have some cousins that moved there and got it popping. And Im not going there about Houston, the "H-town crew" will be in here in 10 seconds flat!
^^Oh my bad. Sorry.

Old 03-04-2009, 08:05 PM

2,242 posts, read 6,238,462 times
Quote:
It's definetly CHI and LA. I cant think of any other city that is NEARLY on the same level as CHI and LA. I think both cities had the highest number of gang realted homicides in the history of the US in the early 90's. I read it somewhere, it was something like 589 gang related homicides in LA and 498 gang realted homicides in CHI. And I think they were both in 92. I could be waay off. But my main point was that NO other city comes CLOSE to Chi and LA in gangs.
Yeah, and nowadays that's the total murder numbers.

Back then the total was in the upper 900's
This was early 90's

Old 03-05-2009, 11:23 AM

894 posts, read 2,380,797 times
Quote:
You know what your right, I forgot about the Lost Souls
lol they are called the black souls, and do they only sell or do they also fight with other gangs? how does that work once you break off arent they labeled as renegade?

Old 03-05-2009, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiMack View Post
lol they are called the black souls, and do they only sell or do they also fight with other gangs? how does that work once you break off arent they labeled as renegade?

I always thought Independent and Renegade were not the same thing. Renegade is what some of the low end Cobras "claim" to be, but they are still under the 5 no matter what they say. The Black Souls used to be apart of the BD's weren't they? I think they became renegade after fighting against the BD's and the BD's just getting tired of it and letting them go. And now they are independent. Not sure, but I think that's how it goes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City