Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which would you rather live in?
Paris 75 56.39%
Chicago 58 43.61%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 10:20 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times

Advertisements

May the peaceful existence of flying alphabets be with you!
Send me a postcard from Paris!

Old 03-17-2009, 07:47 PM

894 posts, read 2,381,526 times
dementor when paris is ran by the sharia law and then you will change your tune because from the looks of it muslims will run france due to the fact that french people are having less kids and the immigration is out of control and your politicians dont want to do nothing about it

Old 03-17-2009, 08:45 PM

1,624 posts, read 3,291,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiMack View Post
dementor when paris is ran by the sharia law and then you will change your tune because from the looks of it muslims will run france due to the fact that french people are having less kids and the immigration is out of control and your politicians dont want to do nothing about it
I am afraid that this will happen long after (Muslims are not very well represented in French government and in France immigrants children are not automatically citizens like in the US) white become the minority in the US. You will defintely change your tune then.

Old 03-18-2009, 03:47 AM

1,327 posts, read 2,606,127 times
France immigrant children become automatically citizens at 18, they can become citzen before if they demande it.

Honestly I don't see the difference between french and muslims since million of people are muslims and french.
ChiMack, When you mean french you mean white french. Please don't use the term french only for white people because this is racist. It is the same that using the term american only for white american.

French society is very influanced by immigrant since serveal century, a large part of France white population have foreign root.
By exemple in early 1990, a bit under 10% of the whole french population had at least an italian immigrant as father or great father.

Why you are so obseded by muslims according estimations muslims are only 50-60% of France non white population.
We have also plenty of christain black, east asian...

Secondly muslims is not an ethnic group or any else. It is very diverse, France has north african arab, black muslims, asian muslims...

Old 03-18-2009, 04:35 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,873,729 times
Too many muslims in France I concur but the French are masochistic they love it they are ready to be future dhimmis....whereas the French are often prejudiced against other Europeans and Americans they have infinite patience & understanding for the subjects of their former Empire because they are French speaking.

Old 03-18-2009, 09:31 AM

3 posts, read 6,328 times
who wants to live in Chicago when you got places like Paris.

Old 03-18-2009, 11:42 AM

1,066 posts, read 1,559,196 times
Of course Paris because it's Paris. But I love living in Chicago.

Having lived in both cities, the thing that annoyed me about Paris is how early everything closes. Most of the shops and cafes close around 8pm. The metro even shuts down around 1am (I once got locked in Gare Montparnasse overnight when I missed the last train). I prefer living in a 24-hour city. Paris is also ridiculously expensive. I'd still love to live there again if I could.

Old 03-18-2009, 12:04 PM

1,624 posts, read 3,291,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendu View Post
Of course Paris because it's Paris. But I love living in Chicago.

Having lived in both cities, the thing that annoyed me about Paris is how early everything closes. Most of the shops and cafes close around 8pm. The metro even shuts down around 1am (I once got locked in Gare Montparnasse overnight when I missed the last train). I prefer living in a 24-hour city. Paris is also ridiculously expensive. I'd still love to live there again if I could.

I agree. Six Corners is definetely not La Bastille.

Old 03-18-2009, 02:29 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times
Chicago has more fat people than Paris. Chicago has more human blimps.
The French are more literate than Americans, or Chicagoans. A greater number of French understand their language better than Chicagoans (Americans) understand english.
Not as many young French men shave their heads and believe themselves to be cool because of it.
In general, French men have less masculinity inferiority complexes as American men.
The people of Paris prefer soccer, but it's not the only thing they talk about. Chicagoans (Americans) put too much emphasis on sports.

Old 03-18-2009, 02:59 PM

2,943 posts, read 5,075,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minato ku View Post
ChiMack, When you mean french you mean white french. Please don't use the term french only for white people because this is racist. It is the same that using the term american only for white american.
This is not correct. The United States of America was, and continues to be, the only nation on Earth that was founded on a shared ideaology and not a shared ethnicity, history, or religion. France, on the other hand, was settled by the Franks, who were a West Germanic ethnic group. So, it is possible to be an American of French descent, but it is impossible to be a Frenchman of American descent (unless you are of Native American ancestry).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City