Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 08:27 AM

11,289 posts, read 26,199,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickRick1 View Post
Im sorry but Gotham is a nickname for New York. They can film it in any city in this world and that still doesn't change that fact. NY is and will always be Gotham. Deal with that!

Chi-Town is just a cheaper, easier to clear the streets alternative.

I think we're all just trying to figure out what exactly it is you're all bent out of shape about? No one from Chicago is even trying to fight with you on this topic.

The thread in the Chicago forum...from over half a year ago....was discussing how Chicago was used as the backdrop for the movie which had just come out.

So what?? I enjoyed seeing places I know around Chicago in the movie, but in the end I don't think anyone really cared THAT much.

It just comes off in here like certain people are freaking out that Batman was filmed in Chicago as opposed to New York. Get over it! Life goes on.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2009, 05:59 PM

784 posts, read 2,265,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
I think we're all just trying to figure out what exactly it is you're all bent out of shape about? No one from Chicago is even trying to fight with you on this topic.

The thread in the Chicago forum...from over half a year ago....was discussing how Chicago was used as the backdrop for the movie which had just come out.

So what?? I enjoyed seeing places I know around Chicago in the movie, but in the end I don't think anyone really cared THAT much.

It just comes off in here like certain people are freaking out that Batman was filmed in Chicago as opposed to New York. Get over it! Life goes on.....

Your point is made,

Seriously, can we just agree to disagree and call a truce! Im walking away from this discussion at this point. Both sides have said all that need to be said. I can't speak for anyone else, but I am moving on....

Old 03-19-2009, 06:21 AM

1,963 posts, read 1,822,697 times
Was a 13-page Moderator cut: thread for NYC really necessary to decide that it is, in fact, Gotham? One poster on the Chicago forum asks the question, and now the entire Chicago population is "disrespecting?"

Things like this make me want to lose faith in humanity.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 03-19-2009 at 08:15 AM.. Reason: Language

Old 12-20-2014, 12:21 PM

401 posts, read 552,050 times
Lol Gotham City has been a nickname of NYC for decades. Chicago was just a cheaper place to film.

Gotham City though is more of NYC from the 70s to early 90s in term of crime/danger.

Old 12-21-2014, 12:31 AM

672 posts, read 757,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosdefinitely View Post
Lol Gotham City has been a nickname of NYC for decades. Chicago was just a cheaper place to film.

Gotham City though is more of NYC from the 70s to early 90s in term of crime/danger.
Uh... I think we're seeing 'Thread Reanimator: The Return' at this point, not Batman.

NYC will always be Gotham. Never met anyone who thought otherwise. But gotta watch those sneaky Chicagoans, eh? Getting too big for their boots. Next they'll be calling themselves Manhattan and then where will we be.

Old 12-21-2014, 08:28 AM

591 posts, read 781,940 times
Gotham was based off New York, but i think Chicago fits the bill better with higher crime and more imposing buildings (board of trade, the Hancock, the sears tower ect) and there were no sunlight setback rules in Chicago, so it results in shaded streets.

Old 12-21-2014, 03:56 PM

934 posts, read 1,441,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosdefinitely View Post

No, it's because Nolan spent some of his childhood in Chicago and always attributed it to Gotham because of its dark alleyways and reputation for corruption. That and New York has been filmed to death.

Old 12-21-2014, 04:54 PM

2,314 posts, read 4,798,905 times
This thread was started over five years ago.

Let's hope whoever created it has matured greatly since then.

This is a thread where people are actually trying to degrade their city as much as possible in order to earn the "respectable" title of an imaginary comic book city.

One of the wackier threads to plague this site.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City