Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city skyline is most impressive:
Los Angeles 248 48.82%
Atlanta 260 51.18%
Voters: 508. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 10:25 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,810,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOut View Post
Cities - SkyscraperPage.com

LOL! I'll take what what they have to offer over your opinion. You seem to be like many others on this site who tend to let their Moderator cut: enthusiasm for their city/metro get in the way of reality. What are you going to bring to the table next; the fact that Atlanta has more trees than Los Angeles?

BTW, Emporis.com claims Atlanta has 220 highrises and Los Angeles has 497. Do these numbers make you feel better?
I don't know where those numbers are coming from, but they aren't realistic...maybe for every skyline in the "Greater" Los Angeles area.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 03-15-2009 at 12:39 AM.. Reason: Edited quoted text

Old 03-14-2009, 10:29 PM

1,694 posts, read 5,682,159 times
In that case they'd include every skyline in the "greater" Atlanta area as well.

Old 03-14-2009, 10:31 PM

2,757 posts, read 5,645,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXperson View Post
So... are Atlantans trying to prove that they are superior to Los Angeles?

Atlanta does indeed have an impressive skyline that rivals (and could possibly) surpass L.A.'s skyline, but who really cares? Cluttered skylines are not what makes Los Angeles, Los Angeles. There have always been laws in the past that kept L.A. from building too many skyscrapers.

Plenty of other cities with smaller metros in this country that have larger and more impressive skylines than Los Angeles. Atlanta is not special.
I must be dyslexic because I thought the gist of the thread was some type of battle between these two skylines.

Old 03-14-2009, 10:51 PM

1,588 posts, read 4,063,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
I don't know where those numbers are coming from, but they aren't realistic...maybe for every skyline in the "Greater" Los Angeles area.
No, they aren't for the "Greater" Los Angeles area. If you have a problem with numbers, contact the people at those two sites.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 03-15-2009 at 12:39 AM.. Reason: Deleted quoted text and response

Old 03-14-2009, 10:55 PM

1,423 posts, read 4,687,009 times
Cool Ya best Check yourself

Do you Believe in Numbers are you surprised LA has 500 Highrises,It's b/c it doesn't seem la has That many it's b/c it's scattered you put Century City,Willshire,Glendale,Long Beach,Santa monica,Hollywood Blvd,and inglewood,You put all these LA skylines together next to D-LA and then you will get Decent Massive Skyline which would blow ATL's out.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 03-15-2009 at 12:40 AM.. Reason: Deleted quoted text

Old 03-15-2009, 03:27 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOut View Post
Cities - SkyscraperPage.com

LOL! I'll take what what they have to offer over your opinion. You seem to be like many others on this site who tend to let their Moderator cut: enthusiasm for their city/metro get in the way of reality. What are you going to bring to the table next; the fact that Atlanta has more trees than Los Angeles?

BTW, Emporis.com claims Atlanta has 220 highrises and Los Angeles has 497. Do these numbers make you feel better?
He's going to eventually get angry and put you on ignore lol

Old 03-15-2009, 04:29 PM

1,346 posts, read 4,214,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
You probably don't understand what a high rise is. No offense, most people don't. You are thinking that something needs to be a skyscraper to be a high rise. Washington DC has 436 high rises, almost double what Atlanta has. Being a firefighter I know that there are high rises consisting of 5 stories according to our definition.

LA has high rises all over the city. Not just those tall skyscrapers that you see in the downtown picture.

Also about the mountains, I have NEVER had trouble seeing the mountains in LA. Not one time.

Old 03-15-2009, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffknight918 View Post
You probably don't understand what a high rise is. No offense, most people don't. You are thinking that something needs to be a skyscraper to be a high rise. Washington DC has 436 high rises, almost double what Atlanta has. Being a firefighter I know that there are high rises consisting of 5 stories according to our definition.

LA has high rises all over the city. Not just those tall skyscrapers that you see in the downtown picture.

Also about the mountains, I have NEVER had trouble seeing the mountains in LA. Not one time.
Me to,Some people say they can't even though they can,They do this b/c they don't like LA,and say stuff thats not even true.

Old 03-15-2009, 07:16 PM

2,848 posts, read 6,438,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californialove24 View Post
LA is Winning why so Digi,LA is to Sprawled you put Hollywood BLVD, century City,Willshire,Glendale,Inglewood,Santa Monica and LB Together next to D-LA and it will blow ATL's Out.
If you're going to include all those skylines then it would only be fair for Atlanta to include the skylines of Downtown, Midtown, Buckhead, Sandy Springs, Cumberland- Galleria, Marietta, and Wildwood.

Squeezed together all these skylines would be about the same size as all the L.A. skylines. Only the architecture of the buildings would be more impressive. Thus my vote for Atlanta.

Old 03-15-2009, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galounger View Post
If you're going to include all those skylines then it would only be fair for Atlanta to include the skylines of Downtown, Midtown, Buckhead, Sandy Springs, Cumberland- Galleria, Marietta, and Wildwood.

Squeezed together all these skylines would be about the same size as all the L.A. skylines. Only the architecture of the buildings would be more impressive. Thus my vote for Atlanta.
if you include all those And we Still have more highrises. but then I Could still add Burbank,Pasadena,Irvine,Anaheim,and Santa Ana,But all la needs is Century,WS,Glendale,HB,Santa Monica,LBC,and Inglewood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City