Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you like to move to a new city?
Yes 27 57.45%
No 20 42.55%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 10:26 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,941,510 times

Advertisements

No.....

I may have posted threads about why Texas is better than Florida before...... but that's meant as advice for other people.... I know FL isn't for everyone....

But for me I'm perfectly happy down here, I never intend to leave the Sunshine State......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2009, 06:22 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,252,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrsc View Post
I currently live in Fayetteville, NC... It is the uglyest city on earth, Its old, run down and everything is brick.. bricks look nice until they look brown/black... North Carolina is ugly.. Raleigh suprised me, Charlotte looks nice, But the rest of it is just whoa.. did the last century just pass you by? Stucco looks nice too.. I regret ever moving from California.. even Texas puts this place to shame.
Sounds like Arkansas, except everything is truck stops or looks like a truck stop. I regret not leaving here when I graduated college in 2007. I wanted to soo bad it hurt but my family plus a good job offer (which I then lost in 2008) talked me in to staying. Its going to be a LOT more difficult for me to move now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstoner View Post
I kind of want to move to a small town or smaller city, but I haven't decided which one yet. So many factors to consider, and I know I'll really miss Houston/Texas/the Gulf Coast if I leave.
Interesting. You want to move to a small town, I want to move to a big city. I guess people just want something radically different than what they have grown up around after college. I personally love Houston and I am going to try to make a move again when the economy gets better and Houston is in my top 3 list.

Old 03-20-2009, 06:48 PM

Location: from houstoner to bostoner to new yorker to new jerseyite ;)
4,084 posts, read 12,683,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Interesting. You want to move to a small town, I want to move to a big city. I guess people just want something radically different than what they have grown up around after college. I personally love Houston and I am going to try to make a move again when the economy gets better and Houston is in my top 3 list.
Yes... I don't like all the growth. Houston and Texas are growing too much, too fast, IMO, and it's not smart growth. But the city is making strides, and I will miss it; it has become my home. But I have other personal reasons for moving not having anything to do with the city. I grew up in a small town and some of the things that come with that I want back, like a little less transient, more stable population, for one thing. Other aspects I'm not looking forward to, though, like not being able to go places or get things I want when I want them, the culture. Not looking forward to the gossipy nature of small towns either. I'm aiming for a mid-sized city so I can get the best of both worlds. I just need to decide which one. If only I could decide which weather I prefer, that'd be a good start.

Old 03-20-2009, 08:09 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,252,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstoner View Post
Yes... I don't like all the growth. Houston and Texas are growing too much, too fast, IMO, and it's not smart growth. But the city is making strides, and I will miss it; it has become my home. But I have other personal reasons for moving not having anything to do with the city. I grew up in a small town and some of the things that come with that I want back, like a little less transient, more stable population, for one thing. Other aspects I'm not looking forward to, though, like not being able to go places or get things I want when I want them, the culture. Not looking forward to the gossipy nature of small towns either. I'm aiming for a mid-sized city so I can get the best of both worlds. I just need to decide which one. If only I could decide which weather I prefer, that'd be a good start.
Don't move to a small town if you are still single unless there is a major college or university nearby. A decent sized college town might suit you well. You should look into Fayetteville, Arkansas.

Old 03-20-2009, 11:52 PM

1,694 posts, read 5,681,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden-mind-State View Post
I just moved so no..
Funny how I said this a week ago and I might already be moving again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City