Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 10:56 PM

734 posts, read 2,053,551 times

Advertisements

God it's nice to just ignore him. Liars are fun for awhile, to catch in their own lies and such, but when they refuse to even be ashamed of it...nah.

Anyway, as I was saying, NYC seems like a big deal til you see Asian megapolises, then it's just a great, great city. Bigger than most, but not particularly special for its size.

Last edited by LucasS6; 03-30-2009 at 11:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2009, 11:03 PM

1,624 posts, read 3,290,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasS6 View Post
God it's nice to just ignore him. Liars are fun for awhile, to catch in their own lies and such, but when they refuse to even be ashamed of it...nah.

Anyway, as I was saying, NYC seems like a big deal to you see Asian megapolises, then it's just a great, great city. Bigger than most, but not particularly special for its size.

I take Paris, London, Madrid, Amsterdam and New York over any of those inflated Asian megapolis. By the way the Bos-Wash corridor megapolis, which includes New York, is considered the largest in the western hemisphere.

Old 03-30-2009, 11:25 PM

1,119 posts, read 2,742,172 times
Yup, sometimes we gotta ask ourselves....Am I just beating a dead horse?

Quote:

Old 03-30-2009, 11:28 PM

1,624 posts, read 3,290,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by downtown1 View Post
Yup, sometimes we gotta ask ourselves....Am I just beating a dead horse?

I think Chicagoan should only talk to other Chicagoans and practive neverlasting love and admiration for the great city of Chicago.
There is a good reason why your politicians take you for fools one after another...

Old 03-31-2009, 06:21 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,124,530 times
Before I put Dementor on my ignore list...

I just wanted to say. Adults don't talk like you do!!

So if you were trying to figure out how we all knew you were a kid...thats how.

Ok...ignored now...

Old 03-31-2009, 06:45 AM

1,060 posts, read 1,558,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dementor View Post
Really? Prove it. Tell me about NY corruption. But maybe first about the last two governors of IL going to jail? How about 385 public officials convicted of corruption in the past ten years in Illinois (most in Chicago)? You know very well that Chicago's corruption is legendary. I just read in the Tribune few days ago about Daley's nephew being prosecuted as his firm got some rigged contracts from the city hall... Why is Daley still in the office??? How can an elected official be in the office for twenty years in the first place? What's is going on in Chicago is worthy of Kabul and not the third largest city in the oldest democracy in the world.. Great city? I have never seen such a resigned, complacent society of sheeps.
Obviously you're not from NYC. Want me to call up Mike Garcia, the former Attorney General for the SDNY in charge of the case against Elliot Spitzer? How about the scandal that erupted after the crane collapsed? Alan Hevesi? Velella? Kerik? Rangle? Now how about we expand this to the NY metro area that includes Jersey and CT? Ha, your ignorance on this subject is stunning. Off to the ignore list for you.

Old 03-31-2009, 06:49 AM

2,605 posts, read 4,842,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
Having lived in Paris, Hong Kong, and Tokyo, I'm afraid New York pales in comparison. From the air NYC looks great and it has a few nice neighborhoods, and there's a lot to do. But down at the street level it's got too much crime, too much graffiti, and too much trash compared to other major world cities. People in my circle enjoy visiting New York, but no one I know wants to actually live there. Sorry.
NYC pales in comparison to nothing!
That is a ridiculous statement!

Old 03-31-2009, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Seoul and Tokyo have extremely average skylines and are especially underwhelming considering their size. Get out in the world- stop being a little hermit, don't be afraid.
Empty bottles make the most noise.
Someone should have told you that years ago.

Old 03-31-2009, 06:54 AM

504 posts, read 1,579,268 times
There is a reason why New York City is the city that never sleeps.

Old 03-31-2009, 07:05 AM

I wonder if all the people who are criticizing NYC have ever been to the other boroughs.
Personally I would choose Brooklyn, down around Sheepshead Bay. It's a great neighborhood near the water and it's urban without all the skyscrapers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City