U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-15-2009, 10:50 AM
 
Location: Historic Downtown Jersey City
2,705 posts, read 7,767,488 times
Reputation: 1209

Advertisements

NJ has so many celebrities. Alpine, NJ, alone, is home to hundreds of celebrities. LI has celebrities as well. News flash, both NJ and LI are going to be home to many celebrities, because of the proximity to NYC. But it really doesn't matter. Why are we basing our analysis on how many celebrities live somewhere? It's really silly.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-15-2009, 10:56 AM
 
Location: Teaneck, NJ
1,576 posts, read 5,399,109 times
Reputation: 685
This whole celeb thing is pretty pathetic. "I lived where he/she was" I mean really? Does that really make a place better? It just means you were in a rich area.. whoop de doo. Rich necessarily doesn't mean better.

I grew up in a neighborhood where Joe Pesci, Queen Latifah, Kat deluna and The Fugees grew up. I went to Whitney Houston's church a few times, she was there once.
I mean seriously, i can play the celeb card all day... so it's ridiculous to bring up the stupid celeb crap
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2009, 11:17 AM
 
Location: Albany (school) NYC (home)
893 posts, read 2,683,156 times
Reputation: 376
I can't believe some of you guys are basing whats better, over celebrities. WHO CARES what they are doing, eating, having sex with, vacationing. What does that have to do with your life?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2009, 01:53 PM
 
269 posts, read 439,883 times
Reputation: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Where Stars Have Vacation Homes - ForbesTraveler.com (http://www.forbestraveler.com/celebrity/celebrity-second-homes-story.html - broken link)
//www.city-data.com/forum/8344314-post868.html
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2009, 01:54 PM
 
Location: Concrete jungle where dreams are made of.
8,900 posts, read 14,509,282 times
Reputation: 1819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie28 View Post

This is based on fact though, not their opinion. Why would they make up where celebs live?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2009, 02:04 PM
 
269 posts, read 439,883 times
Reputation: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
This is based on fact though, not their opinion. Why would they make up where celebs live?
Wait, so population statistics are opinions? The people at Forbes just sat around and made a list of where they THINK people are moving to?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2009, 02:19 PM
 
Location: Concrete jungle where dreams are made of.
8,900 posts, read 14,509,282 times
Reputation: 1819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie28 View Post
Wait, so population statistics are opinions? The people at Forbes just sat around and made a list of where they THINK people are moving to?

No, it's a fact that these celebrities live there. How could they have made that up based on statistics?? that makes no sense, lol. I know that they live there, but I found an article just further proving the point. And there are more than in that article, because my friend owns a business on Main St. in the Hamptons and has told me which celebs have come into her store.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2009, 02:33 PM
 
269 posts, read 439,883 times
Reputation: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
No, it's a fact that these celebrities live there. How could they have made that up based on statistics?? that makes no sense, lol. I know that they live there, but I found an article just further proving the point. And there are more than in that article, because my friend owns a business on Main St. in the Hamptons and has told me which celebs have come into her store.
Um, I'm not arguing with the fact that celebrities live there.. I actually couldn't care less and was not even referring to that. I was making a joke that you claim "everyone knows Forbes' articles are bogus," and then you use one to support your opinion.

So only the Forbes articles about people moving to Texas are bogus?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2009, 02:41 PM
 
2,057 posts, read 5,159,202 times
Reputation: 1019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie28 View Post
Um, I'm not arguing with the fact that celebrities live there.. I actually couldn't care less and was not even referring to that. I was making a joke that you claim "everyone knows Forbes' articles are bogus," and then you use one to support your opinion.

So only the Forbes articles about people moving to Texas are bogus?
you are new to this site and i have NEVER encountered anyone like you.

now you are in another thread trolling?

have you ever been or lived in ANY TOWN in the nyc metro area? you know nothing about that area.

you are being added to my ignore list right now!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2009, 02:46 PM
 
269 posts, read 439,883 times
Reputation: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
you are new to this site and i have NEVER encountered anyone like you.

now you are in another thread trolling?

have you ever been or lived in ANY TOWN in the nyc metro area. you know nothing about that area.

you are being added to my ignore list right now!
I'm not new, I've been reading for a long time now. Just never felt that compelled to write anything.

At least I don't sit here ALL DAY LONG and complain about where I live. How irritating! I'm sorry that you have an MBA and still live with your parents.

What does NYC have to do with anything? I've never said a word about disliking the area, and in fact, I have said a few times that I love the city. I never said I knew anything about the area, but yes, I have been there a few times. Newsflash..you don't live there. Why do you even care?

You are ridiculous.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top