U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 01:17 AM

2,653 posts, read 5,529,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dementor View Post
Nobody gets irritated but then again nobody gets excited about Newark or Jersey City. Get over yourself.
You are the one going out of your way to be dismissive. This is a thread about NY metro cities outside of NYC. You tell me who needs to get over themselves .......
What are you arguing about? Do you even know?
My god....................

Last edited by openheads; 04-12-2009 at 01:30 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2009, 03:03 AM

3,012 posts, read 5,660,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
Should NJ's urban areas continue to suffer for your apparently fragile & paper thin personality types?
Yes

Old 04-12-2009, 03:18 AM

732 posts, read 1,923,988 times
Quote:
You are the one going out of your way to be dismissive. This is a thread about NY metro cities outside of NYC. You tell me who needs to get over themselves .......
What are you arguing about? Do you even know?
My god....................
He's very, very insecure.

Old 04-12-2009, 06:09 AM

893 posts, read 2,670,922 times
On Long Island: Rockville Centre. I would love to live there when I'm 30.

NJ: Hoboken, Jersey City.

Westchester: White Plains

SE CT: I heard Stamford was really nice in parts.

Nothing to say about NEPA. My mom and my brothers recently moved to Allentown (LV) and she commutes daily for work at JFK. The area seems nice, she's just so far.

Old 04-12-2009, 07:02 AM

7,711 posts, read 11,226,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJNetsFan5152433 View Post
What is the best city in the New York Metropolitan area, excluding the City itself? I personally would go for Jersey City, New Jersey.
You are greatly limiting us because most communities in the NYC Metro are NOT cities, especially in New York and Connecticut where most people live in towns. That leaves me with saying places like - Stamford, Jersey City, White Plains, New Rochelle, Norwalk, Hoboken, Long Beach and Fort Lee. There are still alot more communities but I have no idea if they are legally "cities" or not, especially in New Jersey.

Old 04-12-2009, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Oh yes! Brooklyn was actually my favorite borough! If The Bronx and Queens had better reputations I'd love to visit them as well (I've heard there's not much for tourists to do on Staten Island though).
IMHO, Queens overall, is a nicer and safer borough than Brooklyn. Much of Queens is actually suburban or semi-suburban. Both boroughs are diversely built so it depends what neighborhood you are in. Brooklyn is famous more for its older low rise but high density urban development - sort of like London!

Old 04-12-2009, 07:16 AM

2,601 posts, read 4,442,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_starks View Post
there is nothing better than new york city....
Unless you like something else better.

Old 04-12-2009, 07:18 AM

Talking The self appointed defender of the good people of New Jersey....

Quote:
Rachael, you can always cast your vote for Hempstead..............
Funny how it's always unfair when you come up on the short end of things.
North Jersey beat LI & you had a ready made excuse. People are voting for NJ cities &, surprise, surprise.................. An excuse.
The good people of New Jersey certainly do not over valuate their position. They only ask for credit where credit is due.
Your resistance to any & everything New Jersey only serves to diminish you view in the greater scheme of things.
Playing the role of "New Yorker" to the point of caricature is boring & obvious.
And yes, Newark is a far more interesting, culturally rich city than Yonkers.
Openheads, talk about the "pot calling the kettle black"! 90% of your posts are about New Jersey only and you RARELY compliment anywhere else. Do you actually work for the state government in Trenton? In any case, I would take Jersey City over Yonkers, but Yonkers over Newark in a heartbeat!

Old 04-12-2009, 07:25 AM

31,577 posts, read 71,647,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_starks View Post
there is nothing better than new york city....
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowInWI View Post
Unless you like something else better.
Ouch! OWNED!

Old 04-12-2009, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dementor View Post
Nothing beats ENY or rather nobody Ozone Park however is not that great either. That's just above JFK. Brrr. This terrible area even spreads across county line to Nassau. I am not that easily scared especially since getting scared makes it even worse but you have to be careful there.
Be careful, just because southern Queens has a large minority population does not mean it is the same as East New York or the South Bronx. Southern Queens is overwhealmingly middle class and is not a "terrible area"! Check out Cambria Heights, Howard Beach, Richmond Hill, Jamaica Estates, Queens Village, Briarwood, Rosedale etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City