Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2009, 04:36 PM

1,576 posts, read 5,668,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
I just have to laugh at that...like I said earlier, there's a reason why so many celebs/wealthy come to the Hamptons and Fire island. I really don't hear of many celebs going to "the shore." We don't need any "cities" because we can go to "the city" without having to pay a $8 one way toll
Yea but the average person, kinda like you and me, for the most part go to the NJ shore. Who cares where famous people go.. they can go where ever they want when they want, i mean seriously Famous people go places where there's not a lot of people.. proving that LI has barely anyone on there beaches when compared to NJ.

And yea NJ pays 8$ to get into NY but we're not screwed when going west like LI is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2009, 04:36 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,836,741 times
I already did say my favorite cities.

Old 04-14-2009, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newarkbomb View Post
Yea but the average person, kinda like you and me, for the most part go to the NJ shore. Who cares where famous people go.. they can go where ever they want when they want, i mean seriously Famous people go places where there's not a lot of people.. proving that LI has barely anyone on there beaches when compared to NJ.

And yea NJ pays 8$ to get into NY but we're not screwed when going west like LI is.
I'll take a less crowded beach, thank you very much I had a private beach less than a mile away from where I grew up. I would much rather be alone at a beach than be in a crowded beach.

Old 04-14-2009, 04:52 PM

1,624 posts, read 3,276,088 times
Quote:
I'll take a less crowded beach, thank you very much I had a private beach less than a mile away from where I grew up. I would much rather be alone at a beach than be in a crowded beach.

NJ beaches do not have the same feel as the ones in Long Island.

I take Jones Beach \ Robert Moses \ Fire Island over anything in NJ....

Last edited by dementor; 04-14-2009 at 05:06 PM..

Old 04-14-2009, 05:04 PM

4,105 posts, read 8,257,182 times
Westport, CT

Old 04-14-2009, 05:12 PM

1,576 posts, read 5,668,049 times
Quote:
there's plenty of private beaches in NJ, and ones with huge boardwalks with rides and all.. So, NJ has both of best worlds.

Old 04-14-2009, 05:29 PM

9,096 posts, read 13,110,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
Yeah, like Queens is such a lovely garden spot.
You have no idea what you are talking about if you think that most of Queens (over 100 square miles) looks like those industrial photos.

Old 04-14-2009, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
You have no idea what you are talking about if you think that most of Queens (over 100 square miles) looks like those industrial photos.

He usually doesn't know what he's talking about. I honestly don't think he's ever been to Queens if he thinks it looks like those pictures.

Old 04-14-2009, 05:33 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,289,192 times
Quote:
He usually doesn't know what he's talking about. I honestly don't think he's ever been to Queens if he thinks it looks like those pictures.
How dare you put words in my mouth. I never said Queens looked like that.

Not only are you a troll, you are a liar.

Old 04-14-2009, 05:33 PM

9,096 posts, read 13,110,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Hey I have a question. Where does the NYC metropolitan area officially stop? I know it goes to rockland county, but does it go past rockland? What county do you go to, to officially be in upstate NY?
In the Hudson valley, it not only includes Rockland and Westchester but Putnam & Orange as well. Even parts of mostly rural Dutchess and Ulster counties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City