Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 01:13 PM

136 posts, read 266,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU Tiger Z71 View Post
I will ignore your posts on the South and qualify you as pretty cool guy.
I give all music a fair chance at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MantaRay View Post

Oh, and as far as the top selling rapper out now, I really like the music in Lil Wayne's songs, but he is actually one of the worst rappers I've ever heard. He raps like he's high and just saying stupid stuff and goofing off. All therappers in that list of southern artists I just gave are easily 10 times better than Wayne. And that crabby voice gets to be downright annoying.
^^This^^

Lil' Wayne is straight DooDoo IMO.

Quote:
He and Ja Rule ought to do an album and call it Crabby and Raspy.
Lmao

Old 04-22-2009, 04:18 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,312,263 times
Northern hip-hop? what do you mean by that. Do you mean northern as in east coast & midwest or just east coast. Overall I guess prefer "Northern" hip-hop(that dont even sound right but Whatever). But right now my favorite artists are UGK, chamillionare, and Luda. Common is real nice but that last CD was kinda sketchy. Lupe is nice, Kanye just had new song with the clipse and hes RAPPING now! Nas is the best, and talib kweli and freeway are FIYA

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
I was at the Univ of SC football game and they started playing the song for a commerical break

A hot looking college girl started singing the chorus.

I look at her and go "yeah i will superman your a**".

She just smiled and kept singing the song. LOL. She had know idea what it meant
^ BWAHAHAHA!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-22-2009, 04:24 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,937,156 times
Another thing about northern hip hop is that you have white girls from the city like me who are a closet rapper

Old 04-22-2009, 04:24 PM

3,635 posts, read 10,747,321 times
Southern rap is just fun stuff, not meant to be taken seriously for the most part. That's why the lyrics can't be compared to Northern Hip Hop. Northern Hip Hop is more about the lyrics

Old 04-22-2009, 04:26 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,212,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Another thing about northern hip hop is that you have white girls from the city like me who are a closet rapper
You obviously haven't been to the south than lol......the white girls here LOVE rap music.

Old 04-22-2009, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
Southern rap is just fun stuff, not meant to be taken seriously for the most part. That's why the lyrics can't be compared to Northern Hip Hop. Northern Hip Hop is more about the lyrics
Once you get into the underground music, southern rappers can compete when it come to lyrics.

Old 04-22-2009, 04:32 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,937,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
You obviously haven't been to the south than lol......the white girls here LOVE rap music.

You know I have a lot of times. Country seems to be the majority. My southern friends despise rap, lol.

Also, there's a difference between rapping and liking rap music. I don't think southern girls can talk fast, so I don't know how much they would like to rap and how good they are.

Old 04-22-2009, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
You know I have a lot of times. Country seems to be the majority. My southern friends despise rap, lol.

Also, there's a difference between rapping and liking rap music. I don't think southern girls can talk fast, so I don't know how much they would like to rap and how good they are.
Not all rappers rap fast, especially southener rappers. Honestly, country isn't that big, at least in Texas. In most white clubs, they usually play pop,rock and rap. Bars are where country is big. You know, but down here you find lots of black people who are in love with country music too.

We had a black parade once in Houston and they had Taylor Swift jamming on the speakers lol.

Old 04-22-2009, 04:45 PM

alot of southern white girls love rap. I Highly doubt they can actually rap or freestyle or even beatbox....like yours truly

-mas23- the beatbox king!

Old 04-22-2009, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Not all rappers rap fast, especially southener rappers. Honestly, country isn't that big, at least in Texas. In most white clubs, they usually play pop,rock and rap. Bars are where country is big. You know, but down here you find lots of black people who are in love with country music too.

We had a black parade once in Houston and they had Taylor Swift jamming on the speakers lol.
most of the fast rappers are from the east coast and Especially the mid west. If you hear any of Twista's old school stuff bone thug, or old jay z from the early nineties then you'll be hearing some real fast rapping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City