Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 05:40 PM

765 posts, read 1,864,858 times

Advertisements

What is it with these people putting Houston at #4? Theres NYC, LA, Chi,....and Houston! Seriously wtf?

Because of Houston's population at 2.1 million ppl? City population dont mean much, its the metro population that counts. Houston's metro is not yet bigger than Dallas-Ft. Worth and Philly!

When it comes, to art, shopping, entertainment, culture, theatre...I see ppl claimin Houston as #4 and some even dare challenge Houston with CHICAGO! I don't even see why Houston is clearly better than my hometown of Phillly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2009, 05:42 PM

Should I even start a Houston vs Philadelphia thread? I swear I'll dare

Old 04-24-2009, 05:43 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,985,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libohove90 View Post
What is it with these people putting Houston at #4? Theres NYC, LA, Chi,....and Houston! Seriously wtf?

Because of Houston's population at 2.1 million ppl? City population dont mean much, its the metro population that counts. Houston's metro is not yet bigger than Dallas-Ft. Worth and Philly!

When it comes, to art, shopping, entertainment, culture, theatre...I see ppl claimin Houston as #4 and some even dare challenge Houston with CHICAGO! I don't even see why Houston is clearly better than my hometown of Phillly

A lot of us feel this way. The people on the forum over-hype it. I hope the majority of people in Houston aren't like they are on this forum.

Old 04-24-2009, 05:47 PM

4,574 posts, read 7,515,902 times
Well obviously this is all very subjective. Besides, it's only the people on the forum. I'm sure most residents don't think this way.

Old 04-24-2009, 06:04 PM

2,057 posts, read 5,501,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libohove90 View Post

1. NYC
2. LA
3. Chicago
4. SF
5. Boston
6. DC
7. Philly
8. Miami
9 HOUSTON

Putting houston at ninth is being nice. Anyone can argue that dallas or atlanta has just as much as houston

houston is a nice city but it is overhyped

Old 04-24-2009, 06:06 PM

20,532 posts, read 33,653,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
Well obviously this is all very subjective. Besides, it's only the people on the forum. I'm sure most residents don't think this way.
I will guarantee most people don't think that way. Mostly because most people don't care. But Houston more than likely has passed Philly in metro population by now. It will for sure pass it by census 2010.

Old 04-24-2009, 06:11 PM

I am not trying to bash Houston in ANY way. I am aware of Houston's strengths and potentials. I know it is a booming metropolitan region, I know its got big business with oil and energy, I know it has Johnson Space Center, I know it has a great theatre district, I know it has tons of shopping malls (some are fine as hell), and I know it has some VERY wealthy neighborhoods....I KNOW. But come on, FOURTH place? I feel like San Francisco, Philadelphia, and Boston deserve that spot a bit more than Houston does.

Old 04-24-2009, 06:14 PM

3,085 posts, read 5,257,653 times
Surprise surprise another Houston basher. City pop obviously matters to the census bureau, which is why they ranked us so. I know it hurts to think that Philly will never catch up in terms of city pop in this lifetime, and that you have the need to take solace in your surrounding cities and counties to help you feel better. We understand.

Old 04-24-2009, 06:15 PM

4,082 posts, read 10,423,951 times
Libohove, I hope you have a flame shield cause here comes the Texans

Old 04-24-2009, 06:21 PM

2,057 posts, read 5,501,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
Surprise surprise another Houston basher. City pop obviously matters to the census bureau, which is why they ranked us so. I know it hurts to think that Philly will never catch up in terms of city pop in this lifetime, and that you have the need to take solace in your surrounding cities and counties to help you feel better. We understand.
LOL

Napoleon complex?

Puff out that chest houston and try to compete with Philly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City