Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What City is the best?
My City 33 55.00%
Your City 7 11.67%
Someone Else's City, because My City and Your City both suck 20 33.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 01:44 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,786,263 times

Advertisements

Which do you prefer, and why?

I like My City much better than Your City. My City is much more affluent, has a lot more culture, and much more ethnic diversity. Also, the weather in My City is better, I like having all 4 seasons, but it's not too extreme in the summer or winter. Your City is not as good, weather wise. And My City has a lot less crime than Your City if you look at The Statistics. In My City we have great restaurants and food, and the nightlife is excellent. Your City is definitely lacking in nightlife and entertainment.

Think about it, when people talk about My City, immediately they think of Famous Landmarks, Famous People, Movies that featured My City, etc. But Your City has no character or appeal, and most people wouldn't want to live there. Your City isn't known for anything except maybe Pop Culture and Crime. Also, the Weather in Your City is too extreme, I don't know how people can live like that!

When it comes down to it, My City is much better than Your City.

What do you think???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2009, 02:36 PM

8,613 posts, read 10,143,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post

I like My City much better than Your City. My City is much more affluent, has a lot more culture, and much more ethnic diversity. Also, the weather in My City is better, I like having all 4 seasons, but it's not too extreme in the summer or winter. Your City is not as good, weather wise. And My City has a lot less crime than Your City if you look at The Statistics. In My City we have great restaurants and food, and the nightlife is excellent. Your City is definitely lacking in nightlife and entertainment.

Think about it, when people talk about My City, immediately they think of Famous Landmarks, Famous People, Movies that featured My City, etc. But Your City has no character or appeal, and most people wouldn't want to live there. Your City isn't known for anything except maybe Pop Culture and Crime. Also, the Weather in Your City is too extreme, I don't know how people can live like that!

What do you think???
Interesting post.

I joined this forum thinking it was used more for informational purposes - learning about other places. Instead, it's become quite vicious at times with people throwing out sweeping generalizations about other places that they most likely have never even visited.

Old 04-28-2009, 02:45 PM

2,247 posts, read 7,028,212 times
I find it amusing that the two people who voted for "my city" are from Greater New York.

When you think about it, at the end of the day, it could be argued that the grass is always greener somewhere else. So I voted for "someone else's city".

Old 04-28-2009, 02:52 PM

4,716 posts, read 8,574,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts View Post
I find it amusing that the two people who voted for "my city" are from Greater New York.

When you think about it, at the end of the day, it could be argued that the grass is always greener somewhere else. So I voted for "someone else's city".
That's because NYC is the greatest city in the world, and every other city sucks. Richmond and Pueblo give it a run for it's money, though.

Old 04-28-2009, 02:59 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,658,081 times
I voted YOUR city because I don't live in NYC right now. Naples is not "my" city. Florida is not "my" state either, no matter that I have to use a license plate that says "MY Florida.com".

Old 04-28-2009, 04:04 PM

1,305 posts, read 3,489,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post

What do you think???
How dare you talk about my city in such a way! Certainly you must be an athiest/communist/baby-killer just like everyone else from your city!.. which is a hole, by the way!

Old 04-28-2009, 04:09 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,937,981 times
I voted someone elses city, because the WHOLE eastcoast SUCKS.

Old 04-28-2009, 04:17 PM

1,577 posts, read 5,686,780 times
My city... because It better be better since i took forever to pick out the friggen place.

Last edited by Newarkbomb; 04-28-2009 at 04:42 PM..

Old 04-28-2009, 04:20 PM

4,079 posts, read 10,393,276 times
I voted for your city because your mother lives there

Old 04-28-2009, 04:26 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,786,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTheKid View Post
How dare you talk about my city in such a way! Certainly you must be an athiest/communist/baby-killer just like everyone else from your city!.. which is a hole, by the way!
Your City is full of people who, like you, have the Wrong Political View, it's not surprising. My City most people have the Correct Political View. Also, My City is not a hole! Your City has a garbage dump and once when I was in Your City I saw garbage cans, dumpsters, and even paper cups and candy wrappers on the ground!

My City is one of the nicest ones and people love to visit for their vacation. Nobody goes to Your City for vacation, EVER! And My City has the Big Park, as well as Mass Transit, but Your City's Big Park isn't as big as my city's Big Park, and Your City's Mass Transit is horrible!

According to The Statistics, My City is WAAAYYYYY better than Your City!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City