Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2013, 04:01 PM

7 posts, read 7,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by speagles84 View Post
Post "your sources". You are truly ignorant if you think San Fran's chinatown is larger than New York's.
I checked a minute ago.Google it yourself. Providing sources to an aggressive person calling me ignorant without a reasonable argument isn't my style. Now go away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2013, 04:06 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,888,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantedmc View Post
I checked a minute ago.Google it yourself. Providing sources to an aggressive person calling me ignorant without a reasonable argument isn't my style. Now go away.

They seem similar in size though the one in Queens NYC seems maybe the most authentic today

Old 10-14-2013, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
They seem similar in size though the one in Queens NYC seems maybe the most authentic today
I checked several websites, they mostly say SF has a larger Chinatown. Even if they are similar size wise, I still think that's a huge chinatown for SF's size. I've been to China, and believe me, SF's Chinatown has more of that Chinese vibe than any other ChinaT.

Last edited by JMT; 10-17-2013 at 07:21 AM..

Old 10-14-2013, 04:21 PM

Quote:
I checked several websites, they mostly say SF has a larger Chinatown. Even if they are similar size wise, I still think that's a huge chinatown for SF's size. I've been to China, and believe me, SF's Chinatown has more of that Chinese vibe than any other city.

Have you been to Queens and Manhattan?

And that is nice - the Italian section lacking however but that is what makes cities nice - the differences. NYC is the only city in the US that has a nice selection of just about everything

SF also has a notable Iraqi population - distinguishing it from most. I actually dont find its Chinatown terribly distinguishable. Even my fare city has a pretty decent and authentic Chinatown. Thugh these days I am preferring the vietnameese influc and their food

SF has vey good to great asain food none-the-less and a city I really enjoy. I just personally find some of the nonesense with ragards to SF posted over the top.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/timwilson/22042729/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/410872...-dqVjQL-dkxswu

https://www.flickr.com/photos/828320...-9QVasg-8kuAzL

https://www.flickr.com/photos/775640...-bUMvH9-dhk2Jv

Old 10-14-2013, 04:29 PM

6,805 posts, read 6,027,453 times
Ummm....

What part of SF is denser than this ?

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5203/5333542011_030a8d5111.jpg
Boston. North End by Boston Public Library, on Flickr

(now granted a lot of the stuff in that picture was destroyed in the 50s, but everything in the top portion is still there I believe)

Last edited by JMT; 10-17-2013 at 07:22 AM..

Old 10-14-2013, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
Have you been to Queens and Manhattan?

And that is nice - the Italian section lacking however but that is what makes cities nice - the differences. NYC is the only city in the US that has a nice selection of just about everything

SF also has a notable Iraqi population - distinguishing it from most. I actually dont find its Chinatown terribly distinguishable. Even my fare city has a pretty decent and authentic Chinatown. Thugh these days I am preferring the vietnameese influc and their food

SF has vey good to great asain food none-the-less and a city I really enjoy. I just personally find someof the nonesense with ragerds to SF posted over the top.
Quote:
SF also has a notable Iraqi population
And?

That's probably because you didn't travel much? I assume you're not interested in other cultures? Because they are pretty much distinguishable. Well, at least SF's one. Look, I am not saying SF's better than NYC or whatsoever. I love NY and I will move there in near future, but its like comparing apples with oranges. SF is a "heaven like" city. It has mild, nice weather, historical sights, green hills, that magical bridge etc. NY seems more gloomy and grey, if you ask me. But I love NY's architecture and people. < Yes, people. I also like its gloominess.

Why do we have to discuss NYC in each and every section of forums. Okay its the best city in world(though dunno how decided for the world) blabla bla who cares. I thought we're discussing SF's size, which in my opinion is a BIG CITY along with SF Bay Area, and even without it.

Last edited by dantedmc; 10-14-2013 at 04:42 PM..

Old 10-14-2013, 04:38 PM

18,980 posts, read 32,627,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iAMtheVVALRUS View Post
Ummm....

What part of SF is denser than this ?

Boston. North End by Boston Public Library, on Flickr

(now granted a lot of the stuff in that picture was destroyed in the 50s, but everything in the top portion is still there I believe)
The Tenderloin and Chinatown.

Old 10-14-2013, 04:38 PM

555 posts, read 591,361 times
Quote:
And?

SF is a "heaven like" city. It has mild, nice weather, historical sights, green hills, that magical bridge etc. NY seems more gloomy and grey, if you ask me. But I love NY's architecture and people. < Yes, people. I also like its gloominess.
What you posted is so subjective than it is ever hard to argue with that. LOL
OK. SF is a heaven city. Wow. How does it feel to live in heaven? Do you still have to pay bills and lock your doors at night?

Old 10-14-2013, 04:48 PM

4,240 posts, read 4,915,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flotard View Post
What you posted is so subjective than it is ever hard to argue with that. LOL
OK. SF is a heaven city. Wow. How does it feel to live in heaven? Do you still have to pay bills and lock your doors at night?
Don't forget farting rainbows

Old 10-14-2013, 04:48 PM

Quote:
And?

That's probably because you didn't travel much? I assume you're not interested in other cultures? Because they are pretty much distinguishable. Well, at least SF's one. Look, I am not saying SF's better than NYC or whatsoever. I love NY and I will move there in near future, but its like comparing apples with oranges. SF is a "heaven like" city. It has mild, nice weather, historical sights, green hills, that magical bridge etc. NY seems more gloomy and grey, if you ask me. But I love NY's architecture and people. < Yes, people. I also like its gloominess.

Why do we have to discuss NYC in each and every section of forums. Okay its the best city in world(though dunno how decided for the world) blabla bla who cares. I thought we're discussing SF's size, which in my opinion is a BIG CITY along with SF Bay Area, and even without it.
I have spent considerable time in SF over the last 20 years, like the city

I travel a ton actually, including outside the US

I disucssed the Iragi population as a differentiating aspect within the US more unique than the Chinatown dont understand your point

And I think SF is one of the best cities in the country on multplle levels - again not sure of your point

I also suggested that today the Chinatown is more authentic than is the one in SF or Manhattan - what is your point

and SF is a big city but really not any differnt from Boston in this regard...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City