Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Best architecture
New York City 87 47.03%
Chicago 98 52.97%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 12:06 AM

341 posts, read 452,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
I do not know why you are arguing against new yorkers because I know that you have to love new york, because your nickname is nyc3, and a nickname will represent you throughout this site, so please who are you fooling here? No one.
I know you don't know much. We have already gone over this.

My username was chosen quickly. I picked the city I am currently living in, and my favorite number. I wasn't planning on using this name too much until I saw the several different helpful forums on here.

But don't worry, I'm having it changed! I wouldn't want to be mistaken for a NYer when I'm really not. *shudders*

Old 05-28-2009, 12:08 AM

37,157 posts, read 39,418,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc3 View Post
There's nothing to get. lol.

Chicago and Boston have nicer architecture.

PS. I have to admit that I'm a little intrigued that you love a city (NYC)
that openly dislikes Mexicans. Do you know how bad of a name NYers have given Mexicans? They are like the brunt of every joke. I'm not saying it's right either.
Yea, I noticed this, too. Probably one of the worst things about the people I've met here. It's weird because it seems like the dislike is across the board for the native NYers, while it's the transplants (usually from the West Coast) who notice and maybe try to put a stop to it. It's seriously annoying.

Why bring it up though? He seems to like the city fine regardless, so it doesn't really matter.

Old 05-28-2009, 12:11 AM

4,515 posts, read 9,702,074 times
Quote:
I know you don't know much. We have already gone over this.

My username was chosen quickly. I picked the city I am currently living in, and my favorite number. I wasn't planning on using this name too much until I saw the several different helpful forums on here.

But don't worry, I'm having it changed! I wouldn't want to be mistaken for a NYer when I'm really not. *shudders*
Wow. It shows that you are lying though, because you live in NYC. So let's see what does that tells me? You like NYC. See? I told you, you are not fooling anyone.

4,906 posts, read 6,848,248 times
Quote:
There's nothing to get. lol.

Chicago and Boston have nicer architecture.

PS. I have to admit that I'm a little intrigued that you love a city (NYC) that openly dislikes AND looks down upon Mexicans. Do you know how bad of a name NYers have given Mexicans? They are like the brunt of every joke. I'm not saying it's right either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Yea, I noticed this, too. Probably one of the worst things about the people I've met here. It's weird because it seems like the dislike is across the board for the native NYers, while it's the transplants (usually from the West Coast) who notice and maybe try to put a stop to it. It's seriously annoying.

Why bring it up though? He seems to like the city fine regardless, so it doesn't really matter.

It's the insecurity complex. Some people from NYC need to feel as though they are better than others, so they pick a quick target.

It's like one 3rd world country snickering at another 3rd world country and holding their head high.

I'm glad he feels welcome in NYC. I don't condone their disdain for Mexicans at all....it's just something that I have noticed since here and I find it quite ridiculous myself.

Old 05-28-2009, 12:14 AM

In 21 years I've felt nothing but love in NYC.

Old 05-28-2009, 12:16 AM

3,003 posts, read 6,093,158 times
nyc3 u were already done when i got to u. You have a witty comeback for everything but what i said. Cuz there is no coming back from what i said. I kept it too real for you. Ya name is new york city and the number three. Thats very to the point. To the outside observer one would think that your a new yorker. But your not. Your the biggest poser here. Atleast lamexican put his original hometown in his name. Southdakota3.

Where are you from, if u dont mind me asking?

Old 05-28-2009, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
My partner was accepted to Fordham University...fully paid. While he takes advantage of that, I'm draining as much money out of NYC as I can. What else is this place good for?

I'm saving as much money as possible from my job & then we are ditching this place for a better city and putting our money into their economy instead. It's a personal choice.

Old 05-28-2009, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post

She is just trying to get under my skin.

Old 05-28-2009, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
In 21 years I've felt nothing but love in NYC.

Honestly that's good to hear. Just don't tell anyone you are Mexican or that might change. I've seen it happen before and was quite shocked since I thought NYC was an openminded/liberal city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City