Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Best architecture
New York City 87 47.03%
Chicago 98 52.97%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 12:58 PM

467 posts, read 874,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLake View Post
I'll join you two. I think dementor will choose the Lincoln park Children's Zoo like usual but maybe we can convince him to go to Farm in the Zoo. Let me know when and where.
Little prairie dogs Can't do much harm alone so they always gang up. Anyone noticed how any thread related to Chicago has the same group of five or six Chicago posters

Last edited by advocatusdiavoli; 05-29-2009 at 01:07 PM..

Old 05-29-2009, 12:59 PM

37,142 posts, read 39,394,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by advocatusdiavoli View Post
I know what bar association is, you should have been more specific. NY bar does not tell me much.
Sorry, it just seemed pretty obvious since we were talking about midtown, and it's THE NY Bar (and there are other other bar associations in NYC, but there's only one "The" which is the biggest). Then again, I'm the one who said it so of course it's obvious to me.

Old 05-29-2009, 01:00 PM

633 posts, read 1,442,629 times
Quote:
You don't hurt my feelings kid. You just prove your immaturity with comments like in the previous post or silly "let's meet up".

What am I supposed to do when we meet? Listen to more nonsence from a subarbian kid he who never step a foot outside of county lines but feels he knows anything about urban life or culture? Kick your pretentious little ass to prove my point?
Keep it in the forum but keep it on adult level.
Haha! Here's what you just said:

"Goo goo! Ga ga! Waaaaah! Now please be mature."

Where do you live in Chicago again? I'm actually looking for a place this afternoon. I am thinking Tri-Taylor, but maybe I can live in your 'hood, so we can be neighbors and have street fights. I'll bring the broken bottles if you bring the lead pipes.

Old 05-29-2009, 01:01 PM

Quote:
I know what bar association is, you should have been more specific. NY bar does not tell me much.
Yes, it does. And no, you don't know what a bar association is.

Old 05-29-2009, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Little prairie dogs
Dementor, you named yourself after a mythical animal from the Harry Potter books. Think about that. Really think about that.

Old 05-29-2009, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Sorry, it just seemed pretty obvious since we were talking about midtown, and it's THE NY Bar (and there are other other bar associations in NYC, but there's only one "The" which is the biggest). Then again, I'm the one who said it so of course it's obvious to me.
Pretty obvious as it is the only address you can find in Manhattan?
Even The NY Bar does not tell anyone a lot and I think you meant NYC Bar and not NY Bar

Old 05-29-2009, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitown2pa View Post
Prairie dogs don't bark, because they aren't dogs. Why would a prairie dog bark? Silly little kangaroo, always mooing and mooing! Funny little giraffes, always rolling around in the mud! Crazy little dog, always meowing and purring!
You are right. They make high-pitched noise, sort of whine....

Old 05-29-2009, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitown2pa View Post
Dementor, you named yourself after a mythical animal from the Harry Potter books. Think about that. Really think about that.
Who's dementor? Your imaginary friend?

Old 05-29-2009, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Little prairie dogs Can't do much harm alone so they always gang up. Anyone noticed how any thread related to Chicago has the same group of five or six Chicago posters
It's more like this: it's fun, so others join in. And by the way, YOU are one of those posters. You live in Chicago, remember?

Old 05-29-2009, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Who's dementor? Your imaginary friend?
Dementor is a pre-teen kid who gets on this forum from his mom's home in White Plains, New York. He spends his time visiting petting zoos, throwing temper tantrums when his mom tells him to practice his piano, and insulting people from the middle of the continent.

If he's not you, then you do a great impression. Now, do somebody people like!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City