Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which state do you like better?
California 137 71.35%
Georgia 55 28.65%
Voters: 192. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 04:05 PM

1,103 posts, read 2,261,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman650 View Post
Yeah, I read as much as the first line and remembered who I'm dealing with so I didn't even bother to read the rest of this crap. I noticed some bullet points in there so I'm sure you tried to drag out the political talk that I wanted to avoid and really never should have engaged in in the first place with such a mental midget. I'm sure it was fascinating though.
you didn't bother to read the rest of it is what you're telling me. but in reality, you can't argue it. how can you argue that poor americans are,in actuality, not poor? i provided proof that they have numerous luxuries. how can you argue that handouts are a necessity when my ancestors who had none survived? how can you argue that your "friends" are in a bind when they, in all probablity, have two televisions, vehicle, air conditioning, playstation, computer, and cell phones?

you can't. what liberals do is play by emotions. they think that because i have a nice truck, jet ski, and motorcycle, it's not fair if someone else can't afford it like it's everybody's "right," for lack of a better word, to have a jet ski because i can afford it and they can't afford it. but guess what? i work 10 hours per day OUTSIDE in 95 degree heat carrying around 120 pound blocks, up and down ladders, up and down stairs, up and down hills, and i do landscaping. i will be working 16 hours per day starting the 11th. what's not fair is people like your "friends" complaining about being in a bind expecting my 16 hour a day working butt to pick up their tabs while they work LESS hours and i'm assuming much EASIER labor than i do.

but likely, i will get nothing more than a personal insult from a lefty who will do nothing but cry foul at the fact that i think the bum mooching 25% of my paycheck (soon to be 35%) should be STIFFED by the government and FORCED into the job market and FORCED to drop the ipod and tv's. and if they want their little "food stamps," to try the local food bank that i volunteered at which had so much food and so little takers that much of the food actually expired on the shelves. if they want out of that situation, work their way out of it.

Last edited by CelticGermanicPride; 07-30-2011 at 04:25 PM..

Old 07-30-2011, 04:59 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,515,553 times
Okay, well that's your opinion, but it's all subjective. I say the South is ahead of everybody else. I am not impressed or the least bit fazed by pretentious names like Paris or San Francisco. I want real food. Cooking that comes from the heart. Perfectly seasoned food served in an unassuming setting.

And Wal-Mart isn't usually found in rural areas. And it is common for rural restaurants to use local produce in their ingredients. My grandma, for example, uses fresh fruits grown right in the state of Georgia for her jelly preserves. And the catfish we would eat is the same ones we caught in the Savannah River.

I'm sorry your culinary experience in the South was so unpleasant, but that doesn't mean everyone shares your views.

Old 07-31-2011, 05:40 PM

2,957 posts, read 6,475,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticGermanicPride View Post
Buncha crap from some poor lost soul who doesn't get this isn't a politics forum
Sorry, not getting a political debate on a non-politics forum with some clown who can only see things from a one-sided, super-limited perspective. Not gonna happen. Move along, clown.

Old 07-31-2011, 05:50 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,863,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
Okay, well that's your opinion, but it's all subjective. I say the South is ahead of everybody else. I am not impressed or the least bit fazed by pretentious names like Paris or San Francisco. I want real food. Cooking that comes from the heart. Perfectly seasoned food served in an unassuming setting.
... why is it that people seem to think that cooking outside of the heartland "lacks soul?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City