Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which state do you like better?
California 137 71.35%
Georgia 55 28.65%
Voters: 192. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 10:54 PM

30 posts, read 74,204 times

Advertisements

^^Great,Then I pick California!

Old 06-19-2009, 12:53 PM

25 posts, read 68,424 times
When you're not factoring in cost of living, it's California by a million. When you put cost of living in, I'd still rather live in California although it is much harder to raise a family there. Atlanta has no soul, the only place in Georgia that has character is Savannah. Plus California has the most beautiful part of America, the Pacific coast between San Diego and Santa Cruz. I've lived in both and would have to go with California.

Old 06-19-2009, 01:33 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,941,826 times
Georgia because I could actually afford it and have a decent quality of life.

Old 06-19-2009, 02:28 PM

322 posts, read 800,527 times
no other state can beat CA in these polls...what makes georgia any different?

Old 06-19-2009, 02:31 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,661,046 times
Northern California.

Old 06-19-2009, 02:58 PM

2,168 posts, read 5,054,033 times
There are way too many great cities and parks in California to compare it to Georgia. To me, it's not remotely a fair comparison. That's not to say Georgia doesn't have a few things going for it, namely Atlanta and Savannah, but Cali just has way more...mountains (hiking and skiing), beaches (GA beaches are crap), way more than just two interesting cities, better and more varied weather. I would agree with the post above that no other state on the whole can compete with California. It's just too big and varied.

Also, while most of Georgia might be relaxed, Atlanta is not. It's a great city, but overall the vibe in Atlanta is very work hard, play hard.

Old 06-19-2009, 05:39 PM

925 posts, read 2,607,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete C View Post
That's not to say Georgia doesn't have a few things going for it, namely Atlanta and Savannah,
Atlanta and Savannah is all that Georgia has going for it?

Quote:
but Cali just has way more...mountains (hiking and skiing)
Georgia has that

Quote:
, beaches (GA beaches are crap),
Georgia has beaches, natural beaches that is, not non-native bleached sand trucked in by the tons and spread on the shoreline. I suppose that's something you like.

Quote:
way more than just two interesting cities,
Only two cities? You're incorrect.

Quote:
better and more varied weather.
As a state, California's weather is more varied, but that doesn't mean it is "better".

If you like dry, brown areas with little rain, relatively speaking, throughout about 75-80% of the state, then California is your place. I'll take greenery and rain throughout the state.

Quote:
I would agree with the post above that no other state on the whole can compete with California. It's just too big and varied.
California is an economically bankrupt, illegal-alien filled, grafitti-laden, overpriced, third world banana republic, Hollywood Hyped state. Millions have left the state for that very reason.

Sure, there are nice areas, particularly the Central Coast, and much of the area immediately adjacent to the coast. The Sierras and other ranges are also nice, but California has by far many more bad areas, as a percentage of the state, compared to Georgia.

Quote:
Also, while most of Georgia might be relaxed, Atlanta is not. It's a great city, but overall the vibe in Atlanta is very work hard, play hard.
Nothing wrong with being relaxed.

Old 06-19-2009, 05:54 PM

9,169 posts, read 13,249,970 times
Talking Georgia is on top of Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB Fla View Post
I'd say California. Georgia just isnt interesting to me. Apart from Atlanta north to the mountains. I like the Georgia's mountains and beaches, but California obviously has better.
Of course a Floridian would try to DOWNPLAY Georgia simply because GEORGIA IS ON TOP OF FLORIDA! No matter what Florida does or says, Georgia will be always be ABOVE Florida till Doomsday! And Georgia will always be looking DOWN at you peeps, lol ----- JK PO!

Old 06-19-2009, 05:59 PM

9,169 posts, read 13,249,970 times
Talking California here I cominiski

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosAngelesNightmare View Post
no other state can beat CA in these polls...what makes georgia any different?
As much as I hate to agree with yo, Mr. Nighmare, I have to admit you are probably right. California is sort of like the Soviet Union and we are going to have form an Alliance to contain you!

Old 06-19-2009, 07:45 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
As much as I hate to agree with yo, Mr. Nighmare, I have to admit you are probably right. California is sort of like the Soviet Union and we are going to have form an Alliance to contain you!
True, Even though I prefer TX over CA. Not many states can compare. The only states that have the potential are TX and Maybe NY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City