Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: LA vs Chicago
LA 161 42.59%
Chicago 217 57.41%
Voters: 378. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 06:43 PM

464 posts, read 1,079,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush Hour View Post
It's so hilarious how you guys say no one knows American Idol is filmed in L.A. It's common knowledge. As for everyone knowing that Chicago is a major trade and manufracturing hub is ridiculous. Do people look on the back of cans to see were they come from and care, no!!
Do you not realize what you're saying? You're not even worth trying to convince. You're like dementor except less intelligent with your post. Wow, I cant believe I just said that!

Quote:
Same with Chicago. After you seen the ugly skyline there's nothing else to do but see all the Chicago slums and rundown neighborehoods
You've obviously never been to Chicago. The skyline is amazing and the city overall is very nice. Just parts of it are less appealing (mainly the far south side).

oh and btw, its NEIGHBORHOODS.

Quote:
Oh your kidding right? I bet Chicago is brown all the time cause of all that snow and cold so don't even go there. And as for anyone that hasent been to LA in 200 and beyond should tale a trip here it's not like how it was in the 90's are whenever you guys went.
Lol I left L.A in 2006. I'm looking out my window right now and everything is green . You don't know what you're talking about.

I won't even correct you on the 2000 thing.

Old 05-21-2009, 07:38 PM

85 posts, read 166,956 times
^^ first of all it's hard typing on a I phone and second of all Chicago skyline sucks and it is ugly compared to other top world cities. Chicago buildings are all black and grey no color or beauty there just crap sprayed like the rest of Chicago. Look at New York, beautiful skyline great aesthetics pleasing to the eye from afar and up close. Shanghai just wow and stunning spectacular night skyline along with Tokyo, Hong Kong, sydeny, Singapore, Paris, and every other Beautiful world city that's above and better than over hyped and exaggerated Chicago.

Old 05-21-2009, 07:40 PM

1,750 posts, read 3,391,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spire View Post
I was going to rep you too! and then I read this

Chicago is A LOT denser than L.A. Over 4,000 people per square mile on average is A LOT denser. You can't just add 4,000 people per square mile without A LOT of effort.
Not really, S.F. is 4000 people er square mile denser than Chicago, yet doesn't really seem that much more dense. NYC 14,000 people/sq mi denser than Chicago. PLUS LA has a mountain range bisecting the city.
4000 doesn't seem that much less to me.

Without a lot of effort? What does that even mean?

Old 05-21-2009, 07:45 PM

85 posts, read 166,956 times
And as for you living in LA I don't belive that for one second, you probaly never set foot in L.A. and just spewing out of the mouth. As for me I had relatives in Chicago who left it for warmer and a much easier way of life just how everyone else is doing now in Chicago. Oh and btw American idol ratings have been the highest this year meaing more viewers and more tourism for L.A.

Old 05-21-2009, 07:58 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,895,871 times
Quote:
And as for you living in LA I don't belive that for one second, you probaly never set foot in L.A. and just spewing out of the mouth. As for me I had relatives in Chicago who left it for warmer and a much easier way of life just how everyone else is doing now in Chicago. Oh and btw American idol ratings have been the highest this year meaing more viewers and more tourism for L.A.
Have you taken any grammar classes whatsoever?

Old 05-21-2009, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prelude91 View Post
Not really, S.F. is 4000 people er square mile denser than Chicago, yet doesn't really seem that much more dense. NYC 14,000 people/sq mi denser than Chicago. PLUS LA has a mountain range bisecting the city.
4000 doesn't seem that much less to me.

Without a lot of effort? What does that even mean?
Chicago has basically a vacant southside. Imagine if that were population like the north side. It would be larger than L.A.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:35 PM

Quote:
My dad's entire side of the family lives in L.A and we lived there (actually in Fullerton) from 2004 to 2006 because his mother was dying of lung cancer. Not that any of this matters to you...

Anyway, American Idol's ratings have been dropping.
Updated:American Idol ratings down 10% in overnight ratings

that clearly says, they are down 10% from last year.

Old 05-21-2009, 09:17 PM

Quote:
^^ first of all it's hard typing on a I phone and second of all Chicago skyline sucks and it is ugly compared to other top world cities. Chicago buildings are all black and grey no color or beauty there just crap sprayed like the rest of Chicago. Look at New York, beautiful skyline great aesthetics pleasing to the eye from afar and up close. Shanghai just wow and stunning spectacular night skyline along with Tokyo, Hong Kong, sydeny, Singapore, Paris, and every other Beautiful world city that's above and better than over hyped and exaggerated Chicago.
I didn't even notice this post! Wow, you really don't know what you're talking about now. Chicago has an ugly skyline filled with grey and black buildings. Okay, that's cool if that's your opinion, but once you said this, it meant nothing:

Quote:
Look at New York, beautiful skyline great aesthetics pleasing to the eye from afar and up close.
In case you didn't notice, NYC is ONLY grey buildings. Chicago has a great skyline.

New York:

Chicago:

Old 05-21-2009, 10:03 PM

1,423 posts, read 4,686,795 times
Quote:
Are kidding,La skyline sucks, Chicago's and Nyc are the best! Chicago's Skyline is very neat, and Beautiful at night,sorry you have to be there to witness Beauty.I Love that one street that follows the Lake throw Chicago it's beautiful! San Francisco is 3rd. Chicago is over shadowed by World Cities. Nobody knows about Chicago until you actually been there. Chicago is cool unique city ,the Weather for me wouldn't be bad for a change of the all year round sun out here I Ca. (Keep it Real)!

Old 05-21-2009, 10:15 PM

1,119 posts, read 2,742,732 times
Who cares about where AI is filmed? The show is produced and owned by Fox Entertainment network in New York.

The LA Times is also owned by the Chicago Tribune.

Quote:
It's so hilarious how you guys say no one knows American Idol is filmed in L.A. It's common knowledge. As for everyone knowing that Chicago is a major trade and manufracturing hub is ridiculous. Do people look on the back of cans to see were they come from and care, no!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City