Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which State?
Texas 142 52.99%
New York State 126 47.01%
Voters: 268. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 09:59 AM

439 posts, read 1,241,890 times

Advertisements

NY is great because of NYC. So it's really NYC vs. Texas. Food, probably NYC. Geography, Texas wins. People...come on...Texas wins. That's all folks.

Old 05-19-2009, 10:09 AM

93,164 posts, read 123,783,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcoolbro View Post
NY is great because of NYC. So it's really NYC vs. Texas. Food, probably NYC. Geography, Texas wins. People...come on...Texas wins. That's all folks.
Geography in terms of what? As far as location, you might as well close the thread because just within 5-6 hours of me are Washington DC, Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa, Boston, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Cleveland, Pittsburgh and depending on how you drive, Detroit.

Old 05-19-2009, 10:22 AM

439 posts, read 1,241,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Geography in terms of what? As far as location, you might as well close the thread because just within 5-6 hours of me are Washington DC, Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa, Boston, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Cleveland, Pittsburgh and depending on how you drive, Detroit.
I was talking more of topography and landscape. New York can't compare. Now if this was dc, montreal, boston, philly versus texas then that's a whole other thread. And Texas has friendlier, happier, and less grumpy people. Texas wins!!! Shut her down folks.

Last edited by dcoolbro; 05-19-2009 at 10:31 AM..

Old 05-19-2009, 10:25 AM

3,235 posts, read 8,712,998 times
Why exactly can't NY compare in landscape? Its very very diverse.

Old 05-19-2009, 10:49 AM

1,305 posts, read 3,488,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Eh, I'd rather live in the greatest city in the world
Peoria?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Actually, while Texas has some ethnic diversity, you can't tell me that they have as much diversity within ALL of their racial groups like NY State does.
Yes, I can. Perhaps you have to see it to believe it, but it's true. Our major cities aren't cultural backwaters. Some people got off the boat in Houston instead of New York or Los Angeles. I don't understand why you find it so difficult to comprehend that NYC isn't the only city in the country capable of sustaining healthy (and diverse) immigrant communities. This isn't 1900 when every immigrant boat passed through Ellis Island. New York isn't the only show in town anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garmin239 View Post
Why exactly can't NY compare in landscape? Its very very diverse.
It is diverse. It can compare. In my opinion, New York State comes out ahead in this comparison. But, it doesn't have a desert, which in my opinion, is the most striking form of landscape. To each his own, I guess.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:28 AM

4,716 posts, read 8,572,305 times
Quote:
well, last time I checked Texas didn't have Niagara Falls.
True. I would rather have the second-largest canyon in the US in my backyard though.

Old 05-19-2009, 01:02 PM

1,305 posts, read 3,488,666 times
Quote:
well, last time I checked Texas didn't have Niagara Falls.
And the United States doesn't have Victoria Falls. Does that mean the US and Canada aren't as good countries as Zambia and Zimbabwe? Niagara Falls is a leaky water faucet compared to Victoria Falls. By your logic, Zambia and Zimbabwe must be the two greatest countries in the world.

By the way, I think most everyone would agree that the Canadian side of Niagara Falls is the best side.

Old 05-19-2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTheKid View Post
And the United States doesn't have Victoria Falls. Does that mean the US and Canada aren't as good countries as Zambia and Zimbabwe? Niagara Falls is a leaky water faucet compared to Victoria Falls. By your logic, Zambia and Zimbabwe must be the two greatest countries in the world.

By the way, I think most everyone would agree that the Canadian side of Niagara Falls is the best side.

uhhh what are you talking about? Somebody made a comment that implied that Texas had all the same things NY had and I was pointing out that there were different things.

Old 05-19-2009, 02:17 PM

4,716 posts, read 8,572,305 times
Quote:
uhhh what are you talking about? Somebody made a comment that implied that Texas had all the same things NY had and I was pointing out that there were different things.
Where did I say anything like that? You said NY had mountains, wineries, falls, and unique cities as if Texas doesn't have those. I was simply saying Texas also has those things in light-hearted way. Sorry I offended you? (question mark intended)

Old 05-19-2009, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerner92 View Post
Where did I say anything like that? You said NY had mountains, wineries, falls, and unique cities as if Texas doesn't have those. I was simply saying Texas also has those things in light-hearted way. Sorry I offended you? (question mark intended)

I was replying to a different comment from that other guy which made no sense at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City